What's new

TVC -vs- JHMCS ?

@ Balin 2: MBDA mica if inducted could be linked to Chinese HMD/S for Thunders ?

I think that is also similar to Boeing's JHMCS and features Look down shoot down capability moreover the speed of Mica is over mach4 and it features TVC.

It could be, but would have to be integrated into a solution. Not sure who would want to foot the bill for that, although the JF-17 is suppose to have a HMD/S-HOBS AAM package.

It could be, but would have to be integrated into a solution. Not sure who would want to foot the bill for that, although the JF-17 is suppose to have a HMD/S-HOBS AAM package.

Linked to PL-9c i suspect ?;)

In order to fully exploit the potential of JHMCS in close in combat, AIM-9x is the solution.

You didn't get my Qestion , In your mind do you believe that PAF will Order AIM-9x?

elbit systems Israel is a major player in JHMCS so we will be getting it no matter what.

Regarding comparsion of HMDS then all of them are 3rd generation HMDS, the one to be used for f-35 probably wud be fourth gen, still under development.

Yes if you selected an American MMRCA.

HMCS on MiG-29 was introduced back in 1986, I am sure current IAF MiG-29s have it along with R-73(all IAF MiG-29s will be upgraded to MiG-29 SMT)

Thales will be providing Topsight for IN MiG-29Ks

IIRC, that piece of info is wrong, a common misconception. AFAIK, cannot find the source though, the HMCS for IAF aircraft come from versions of Israeli HMCS - the most advanced systems by far.
IAF Jaguars and MiG-27's (upgraded ones) carry this for their AtG role, while the Su-30 MKI has that for AtA role.

Correction: Emo Girl, you are right. It sure is Topsight E HMCS for IN MiG-29Ks.

Last edited:
^Though i dont doubt that can you post any source ?

I wish I could, but I dont have any at the present. I do recall reading many posts on many other aviation forums about such systems on IAF aircraft. There is no info on public domains, but many posts do imply about Indo-Israeli systems on IAF aircraft.

You many disregard my post, if you please, because I dont have any sources for now.

I wish I could, but I dont have any at the present. I do recall reading many posts on many other aviation forums about such systems on IAF aircraft. There is no info on public domains, but many posts do imply about Indo-Israeli systems on IAF aircraft.

You many disregard my post, if you please, because I dont have any sources for now.

There may be plans or evals going on, however thus far IAF has not displayed the HMS capability on the MKI. They have not been taken to ANY of the exercises and as you would know, more than a few have been attended and hosted.

India is using the french HMD
2-797152.jpg

Back
Top Bottom