What's new

Turks, do most Muslims practice Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Turks have almost nothing to do with Islam, including "Muslims". But to be fair, this is the case in the entire Islamic world. They just "believe", but when it comes to putting in practice all the higher values and morals promoted in the Qur'an - such as upholding justice and equality, social security; taking care of the poor; opposing all forms of imperialism and oppression and injustice in the world. Nothing of that, I'm afraid. We have a very superficial understanding of Islam.

Anyone who isn't a practising Muslim(preform prayers) isn't a Muslim, he is what you would call a Muslim from his parents side.

But anyone who is lying, cheating, robbing, killing, raping, beating their mothers/sisters/wives and marrying 12 year olds still manages to remain one.

Certificate of who is a Muslim and who is not can only be given by Allah. Don't elevate yourself to God-like status by passing out judgments that should be His.

justice, social security; taking care of the poor; ppposing all forms of imperialism and injustice in the world

This doesn't require practicing Islam, its common sense and good ethical values that can bring this about anyway. In general the more Islamic Mullahs have the most screwed up sense of justice, social security, taking care of the poor, opposing imperialism and injustice... Not because there is anything wrong with Islam, there is something usually fundamentally wrong with humankind's goals/motives/intentions.

I mean seriously he is amazing. He is really intelligent and knows a great deal about Turkish politics. You should listen to him, he explains pretty interesting stuff, and entertaining in my opinion.

Yes i like his writing & also his discussion when i ever i get chance to watch him it seems that his fundamentals are very clear.

Gavur Izmir :)

huxjM.jpg

inatla Izmir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom