What's new

Turkish Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.
How heavy was the influence of Arabs on Turkish culture?

wtf have u evil turks done to naan?:argh:

looks more like a chapati or roti than a naan.......

Haha, it is actually from the Kurdish cuisine. It is not natural naan as such. I know the Pakistani naan ( have a lot of Pakistani friends). This one is probably filled with cheese or egg and roasted over butter.

Our bread is thinner than your average Pakistani naan. This is typical fresh Kurdish bread ( but I reckon it also is a part of the Turkish cuisine).

img-thing

I love lahmacun!!!!!!

I could eat mountains of the stuff. It's very similar to our Keema Paratha!

lahmacun

250px-Lahmacun.jpg

Keema Paratha

images

I challenge any Turkish brother here to out eat me when it comes to lahmacun.

@Waz

This keema paratha. Is it a turkic dish?

Keema means ground beef in Turkish that's why I ask.

How heavy was the influence of Arabs on Turkish culture?

Firstly, religion. As far as i know Turks converted to Islam by the influence of Arabs, but i have seen some Iranian members claiming the same thing.

Other one is language. We take lots of Arab word to our language. When we establish Turkey, we threw out lots foreign words from our language but in Turkey we have lots of Arabic originated names. Infact my name is Sinan and its arab originated meaning; Spearhead or Spear itself.

Maybe our Arab friends have more knowledge about this issue. @BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa @al-Hasani

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen some similarities between Korean language and Turkish language. Is it just me or anyone else noticed that?

Lol
Mızrak kafa :omghaha:

Glad that my name is Olcay

I've seen some similarities between Korean language and Turkish language. Is it just me or anyone else noticed that?

Are you Korean?

Lol

Are you Korean?

I am Sri Lankan. Growing up in Sri Lanka, I've watched a lot of korean movies, dramas etc.

Lol

:rofl: mate you are awesome :rofl:

Would you translate "Karakol" as "Black Arm"

Seriously in Turkish it means more like, "Mızrağın veya okun sivri ucu."

Firstly, religion. As far as i know Turks converted to Islam by the influence of Arabs, but i have seen some Iranian members claiming the same thing.

Other one is language. We take lots of Arab word to our language. When we establish Turkey, we threw out lots foreign words from our language but in Turkey we have lots of Arabic originated names. Infact my name is Sinan and its arab originated meaning; Spearhead or Spear itself.

Maybe our Arab friends have more knowledge about this issue. @BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa @al-Hasani

Iranians are now taking the credit of converting you to Islam? :laughcry: , don't be surprised if they claimed that they were the ones who spread Islam in Arabia. :cuckoo:

Regarding your question, I don't know much about Arab influence on Turks, of course other than spreading Islam.

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: mate you are awesome :rofl:

Would you translate "Karakol" as "Black Arm"

Seriously in Turkish it means more like, "Mızrağın veya okun sivri ucu."

Pssst .

Chill down. It was a simple teasing joke. :cheers:

I love lahmacun!!!!!!

I could eat mountains of the stuff. It's very similar to our Keema Paratha!

lahmacun

250px-Lahmacun.jpg

Keema Paratha

images

I challenge any Turkish brother here to out eat me when it comes to lahmacun.

I could eat mountains of the stuff.
:lol:

I like Lahmacun too i can easily eat like 10-12 pieces depending on my hungriness..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom