What's new

Turkish TAI TF-X in line with what PAF wants: PAC Kamra Chairman Air Marshal

TAI T-129 Attack Helicopter = first flight / 2009 .... in service / 2014
TAI T-625 Utility Helicopter = first flight / 2018 .... in service / 2021/22 with Turkish TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine

TAI HURKUS Basic trainer Aircraft = first flight / 2013 .... in service / 2018

TAI ANKA-S UCAV = first flight / 2010 .... in service / 2017 ( 96% indigenous including Engine , E/O Systems , SATCOM , Weapons ....... even Europe ,Russia , India are dreaming about it )

TAI AKSUNGUR UCAV = first flight / 2019 .... in service / 2021
TAI HURJET nex gen trainer jet and light attack jet = first flight / 2020-2021 .... in service / 2023-2025
TAI ATAK-2 heavy Attack Helicopter = first flight / 2024
TAI TFX 5th gen Fighter Jet = first flight / 2026 .... in service / 2029-2031

TFX and Turbofan Engine will be developed by Turkey as like ATAK-2 heavy Attack Helicopter and Turboshaft Engine

TAI TFX Fighter Jet : first flight / 2026 .. in service / 2029 ( Turkey has technology to develop turbofan engine similar to GE F110 engine in 10 years ) btw TFX will be designed on GE F-110 Engine which has been produced under license by Turkey

TAI ATAK-2 heavy Attack Helicopter : first flight / 2024 ( TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine will be ready in a few years for T-129 Attack and T-625 Utilitiy Helicopters ) .... and 3000 shp Turboshaft Engine willl be developed for ATAK-2 heavy Attack Helicopter

I thought they are working with rolls Royce engines

Exactly, that's one of the mysteries ... following several - and I must admit I cannot follow them all anymore - there are or were three options on the table and still in action: a JV with RR based on or around the EJ200, a GE F110-derivate and finally a TEI developed indigenous solution.

What I do not understand they are size-wise quite different and won't suit for a simple refit ... sometimes it seems as TAI still does not know what to use.

We'll wait and see.

yes we will wait and see

you should watch this video between 2:23 and 9:12

in IDEF-2019 TEMEL KOTIL ( President and CEO of Turkish Aerospace Industries ) said that TFX will be designed on GE-F110 Engine ..... Turkish Airforrce F-16s uses GE-F110 Engine also Turkey produced under license GE turbofan engines for decade and Turkey can develop engine similar to GE-F110 Engine

and in 2018 TRMOTOR has signed an agreement to develop turbofan engine for TF-X project

btw Turkish KALE AERO and British ROLLS ROYCE wanted working on development turbofan engine for TF-X project

Last edited:
yes we will wait and see

you should watch this video between 2:23 and 9:12

in IDEF-2019 TEMEL KOTIL ( President and CEO of Turkish Aerospace Industries ) said that TFX will be designed on GE-F110 Engine ..... Turkish Airforrce F-16s uses GE-F110 Engine also Turkey produced under license GE turbofan engines for decade and Turkey can develop engine similar to GE-F110 Engine

and in 2018 TRMOTOR has signed an agreement to develop turbofan engine for TF-X project

btw Turkish KALE AERO and British ROLLS ROYCE wanted working on development turbofan engine for TF-X project

Pardon, but that's exactly what I meant: How could an engine be based on F110 technology - by the way so far only manufactured under licence which is vastly different to develop such a beast on your own - and then in cooperation with RR - and as such allegedly around the EJ200 and surely not on the GE F110?

Or does that mean they want to develop two different engines based on to other also different sized designs ??

Pardon, but that's exactly what I meant: How could an engine be based on F110 technology - by the way so far only manufactured under licence which is vastly different to develop such a beast on your own - and then in cooperation with RR - and as such allegedly around the EJ200 and surely not on the GE F110?

Or does that mean they want to develop two different engines based on to other also different sized designs ??

Turkey produced under license GE turboshaft and turbofan engines including GE F-110 for decades

Turkey easly developed TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine in 4 years ... only a few countries in the world
and Turkey can develop engine similar to GE-F110 Engine

TEI T700-701D Turboshaft Engine ( under licanse production )

TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine ( its own engine up to 2000 shp ) ... only a few countries in the world

TEI having started its manufacturing activities with 12 parts in 1985, currently manufactures over 800 components for 40 different Engine programs with its more than three decade experience in part and module manufacturing

-- Rotating Parts (Shaft, Seal, etc.)
-- Modules (Power Turbine Module, Front Bearing Structure Module, etc.)
-- Fabricated Parts (Mixing Duct, Swirl Frame, etc.)
-- Structural Parts (Intermediate Casing, HPT Casing, Combustion Casing, etc.)
-- Blisk and Spool Manufacturing (Compressor Stg 1 - Stg 5 Blisks, HPC Spool Shaft Stg 10, etc.)

Blisk and Spool Manufacturing Technologies

Blisk and spool manufacturing technologies, recently being used on new generation engines, are regarded as state of the art and advanced level applications for aviation industry which are high tech manufacturing methods currently employed in only a few countries around the world and Turkey is one of them

rxbkskrv.jpg

g957tj8i.jpg

TEI has 35 years experience in part and module manufacturing to GE , Pratt & Whitney , SAFRAN and RR

and now TEI develops its own turbojet, turboprob , turboshaft engines ......... only in 5 years TEI has developed turboprob and turboshaft engines for UAV-UCAV and Helicopters

in the next 10 years TEI plans to develop 3000 shp turboshaft engine for ATAK-2 heavy Attack Helicopter and 27.000-30.000 lbs turbofan engine for TFX Fighter Jet

btw 7 TFX prototypes will use GE-F110 Engine

and no any cooperation with RR to develop engine because of RR doesnt want to give IP rights to Turkey and TRMOTOR will develop national turbofan engine

Last edited:
Hi,

It really baffles my mind as to what the Paf heirarchy's thinking is---.

Turkey is under fear of sanctions---it already has some sanctions.

The helicopter deal is is dis-array---.

How can Paf bet on an aircraft that is just on the paper---rather than one that is flying---.

If Paf really wants a single engine aircraft---it's JV with the chinese should be the first priority---.

I believe that the Paf is back to its age old game of deceiving pakistan---.

On the engine issue---pakistan has been hit real hard regarding the JF17---. The Turkish experiment would be a similar mistake but with serious repercussions---.

Last edited:
Turkey produced under license GE turboshaft and turbofan engines including GE F-110 for decades

Pardon to interrupt Your enthusiasm; I'm still sceptical since even a great achievement, a helicopter turboshaft is far from a fifth generation turbofan.

Also, you do not need to once again refrain what is planned ... a simple answer to my question would be appreciated:

How could an engine be based on F110 technology - by the way so far only manufactured under licence which is vastly different to develop such a beast on your own - and then in cooperation with RR - and as such allegedly around the EJ200 and surely not on the GE F110?

Pardon to interrupt Your enthusiasm; I'm still sceptical since even a great achievement, a helicopter turboshaft is far from a fifth generation turbofan.

Also, you do not need to once again refrain what is planned ... a simple answer to my question would be appreciated:

How could an engine be based on F110 technology - by the way so far only manufactured under licence which is vastly different to develop such a beast on your own - and then in cooperation with RR - and as such allegedly around the EJ200 and surely not on the GE F110?

The Prototype will use the F110 engine.

Pakistan will not do a joint venture.

What Pakistan wants to do is redesign (or even reverse engineer) the J-31 in-house and build it in-house as per Pakistani requirements. Of course, there's no doubt Pakistan would appreciate Chinese co-operation on this and where necessary (like wind tunnel tests), ask the Chinese for help.

Pakistan building the FGF as much as it possibly can by itself is what Project Azm is all about.

Back
Top Bottom