What's new

Iraqi Air Defence Commander visits PAF Academy Risalpur, PAC Kamra

Building an aeronautical complex is a long journey which PAF has covered this path in more than half decade, which transformed AMF to PAC. Iraq first needs to stabilise itself economically. Venturing into something that massive at the early stages of reconstruction will be suicidal.

Not at all.

i hope like saudis iraqis will also take interest in jf-17

In case they do take interest.

Iraqi Air Force F-17 Thunder "الرعد"

1fw7.jpg

ofex.jpg

vzvu.jpg

Pakistan offers training to Iraqi pilots

ISLAMABAD: Commander Iraqi Air Force General Anwer Hammad Amen Ahmed and Commander Iraqi Air Defence General Jabbar Ubaid Kedhum called on Federal Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain here at his chamber at National Assembly on Friday.

The meeting was attended by Secretary Defence Production Lt-Gen (retd) Tanvir Tahir, chairman PAC Kamra AVM Sohail Gul Khan and other senior officials from both sides, said a press release. Iraq is going through tough times and is looking towards the friends to rebuild.

For this, the defence delegation is on a visit to Pakistan to explore areas of defence cooperation.

The delegation expressed keen interest in the air defence systems and also in the aircrafts built in Pakistan. The delegation on the occasion said that the air surveillance systems in Pakistan are state of the art and low cost. Pakistan also offered trainer jets and training for Iraqi pilots.

Pakistan offers training to Iraqi pilots - thenews.com.pk

Building an aeronautical complex is a long journey which PAF has covered this path in more than half decade, which transformed AMF to PAC. Iraq first needs to stabilise itself economically. Venturing into something that massive at the early stages of reconstruction will be suicidal.

With around 58 billion US dollars reserves in iraqi treasury n selling oil worth 6 billion US dollars every month... Iraqis are all set to pay for their force build up and thats why they are out on the shopping spree.

Iraqis will raise one of the finest AFs in the mid east in matter of years if the US, Russia, the EU and China would help.

Iraq’s minister of defence has taken seat in the Jf 17 during the last Dubai air show and the IQAF general has discussed with the PAF general + visited the Jf 17 so I think theres a good chance they are discussing for JF 17 (block 2 I hope) + Super Mushak, maybe some other things like ammo producing facilities.

I don’t know how good the block 2 aircraft is, but since it would be without all those restrictions the US puts on it it’ll be better at least.

Iraq’s minister of defence has taken seat in the Jf 17 during the last Dubai air show and the IQAF general has discussed with the PAF general + visited the Jf 17 so I think theres a good chance they are discussing for JF 17 (block 2 I hope) + Super Mushak, maybe some other things like ammo producing facilities.

I don’t know how good the block 2 aircraft is, but since it would be without all those restrictions the US puts on it it’ll be better at least.

Block I, production has completed. If Iraqi bretheren want to join the program, their jet will be build as per their demands.

The commander of the Iraqi AF visited the JFT factory last year and checked out JFT simulator. He also had a ride in the Super Mashak basic trainer air craft.

Pakistan offers training to Iraqi pilots

ISLAMABAD: Commander Iraqi Air Force General Anwer Hammad Amen Ahmed and Commander Iraqi Air Defence General Jabbar Ubaid Kedhum called on Federal Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain here at his chamber at National Assembly on Friday.

The meeting was attended by Secretary Defence Production Lt-Gen (retd) Tanvir Tahir, chairman PAC Kamra AVM Sohail Gul Khan and other senior officials from both sides, said a press release. Iraq is going through tough times and is looking towards the friends to rebuild.

For this, the defence delegation is on a visit to Pakistan to explore areas of defence cooperation.

The delegation expressed keen interest in the air defence systems and also in the aircrafts built in Pakistan. The delegation on the occasion said that the air surveillance systems in Pakistan are state of the art and low cost. Pakistan also offered trainer jets and training for Iraqi pilots.

Pakistan offers training to Iraqi pilots - thenews.com.pk

This is perfect. We should also invite the IqAF officers at NDU as well as Iraqi Army cadets at PMA Kakul.

That’s not an issue, economy is stable and growing quickly, security is the most important now.

That’s not an issue, economy is stable and growing quickly, security is the most important now.

Pakistan has a genuine stake in a stable 'united' and peaceful Iraq. We face similar issues and can help each other over come them. Pakistan has goods and services to offer to Iraq and Iraq can help us diversify our energy demands.

JF-17 can be modified as per the requirement of Iraq Air force and that too within a 1-2years

The addition could be

*More powerful engine
*AESA radar
*Integration of any origin weapon as long as the manufacturer of the weapon agree
*Greater use of composites to increase its life aswell as decreasing the weight which in all will also increase the payload
*TOT
*A local Assembly line can be made in iraq,which will later help them
*Engine maintenance centre

And all of this under 40million dollars

From another member here

Iraq TV (Al-Iraqiya) reported recently that Iraq discussing a deal for the purchase of four varieties fighter, one heavy aircraft, one semi-heavy aircraft and 1 light aircraft.

The proposed heavy aircraft: Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale, Sukhoi Su-30 and Sukhoi Su-35.

The proposed semi-heavy aircraft: J-10B, Mikoyan MiG-35 and Saab JAS 39 NG.

The proposed light aircraft: F-16 (Purchase of several) or JF-17 Thunder.

If above is true it’s very likely a confirmation for a deal as the US F16’s have too many restrictions for them to sign more deals for them. Let’s wait and see what it will bring.

from MFI-17 to jf-17, a good three decades mate

iraqi-commander-visits-kamra-1370119423-2274.jpg

Minister for Defence Production says Pakistan Defence Industry would like to extend cooperation to Iraq.

Pakistan has offered trainer jets and training for Iraqi pilots.

The offer has been made by Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain during a meeting with Iraqi defence delegation led by Commander Iraqi Air Force General Anwer Hammad Amen Ahmed in Islamabad.

He said Pakistan defence industry has all the capacity and would like to extend cooperation to Iraq in training and provision of equipment.

Leader of Iraqi delegation showed keen interest in Pakistan’s air defence systems. He said Iraq wants to build its air defence system and obtain aircrafts for undertaking training project for training purposes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom