What's new

Turkish Special Operations Forces

have any Turkish special operations forces done operations inside Syria?

have any Turkish special operations forces done operations inside Syria?

Syria and Iraq had always been sort of a backyard for Turkish SF/SOF units since the 90s and its not limited to military. This also includes the Gendarmerie (JÖH, JÖAK) and National Police (PÖH).
Heck I remember news headlines from 4-5 years ago when a PÖH unit stationed in a border city was sent across Syria to capture and bring back an ISIS member wanted for terrorism charges in Turkey who happened live across a border town in Syria.

I think the only special operations unit that did not operate in Syria or Iraq is probably the SÖH of the Coast Guard :p:.

But of course this doesn't mean we don't need large-scale managerial reformation for our SF/SOF units.

Air Force's special unit is in Syria

EUry6lHUcAEif_Y

I didn't know CSAR personnel also does JTAC missions. I thought SAT and ÖKK do that. Do you have any source?
Very good question. SAT and OKK are trained to do it but 135th PK (Personel Kurtarma) ve IHK (Ileri Hava Kontrolu) are dedicated to that job. For example the airstrikes in the Anadolu Ankasi 2018 and Anadolu Ankasi 2019 exercises are precisely coordinated by CSAR/JTAC (FAC) personnel from 135th PK ve IHK. You can see videos and pictures below.

Turkish CSAR/JTAC (FAC) coordinating airstrikes in Anadolu Ankasi 2018
DhSM7r8XkAAqMl_

Turkish CSAR/JTAC (FAC) coordinating airstrikes in operations in Southeast Turkey.
DcOBL6VWsAEr3rj

DcOBRKyXcAI_BwD

Turkish Air Force 135th CSAR and JTAC personnel
EZXa8erWkAAscsP
The patch of the personnel
135.filo.jpg

Last edited:
Very good question. SAT and OKK are trained to do it but 135th PK (Personel Kurtarma) ve IHK (Ileri Hava Kontrolu) are dedicated to that job. For example the airstrikes in the Anadolu Ankasi 2018 and Anadolu Ankasi 2019 exercises are precisely coordinated by CSAR/JTAC (FAC) personnel from 135th PK ve IHK. You can see videos and pictures below.

Turkish CSAR/JTAC (FAC) coordinating airstrikes in Anadolu Ankasi 2018
DhSM7r8XkAAqMl_

Turkish CSAR/JTAC (FAC) coordinating airstrikes in operations in Southeast Turkey.
DcOBL6VWsAEr3rj

DcOBRKyXcAI_BwD

The batch of the personnel
135.filo.jpg
Thank you. That's a badass patch. They need more badass patches. So when people join Air Force do they go one way and be either CSAR or JTAC. Do they train for both missions and deployed to different missions when need it? Can CSAR personnel do JTAC missions and vice versa. I think that's a lot of job for a person.

Thank you. That's a badass patch. They need more badass patches. So when people join Air Force do they go one way and be either CSAR or JTAC. Do they train for both missions and deployed to different missions when need it? Can CSAR personnel do JTAC missions and vice versa. I think that's a lot of job for a person.
What I know is that all personnel receive CSAR and FAC training.

they are more or less 30-40 people. Could be even less due after coup purge...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom