What's new

Turkish Special Operations Forces

What I know is that all personnel receive CSAR and FAC training.
Does Turkey have some form of USSOCOM? All US Special Operations work under USSOCOM. They could be sailor, airmen, soldier, marine but when they are in war theater they take their orders from USSOCOM and move independently from their own forces. They have different regulations. All forces have special forces command and all these commands work under USSOCOM. Units under USSOCOM work together. Such as SWCC, 160th SOAR or JTAC. If I remember correct ÖKK doesn't fall under Army. It has its own force (Komutanlık).

Last edited:
Does Turkey have some form of USSOCOM or J-SOC. All US Special Operations work under J-SOC. They could be sailor, airmen, soldier, marine but when they are in war theater they take their orders from JSOC and move independently from their own forces. They have different regulations. All forces have special forces command and all these commands work under J-SOC. Units under J-SOC work together. Such as SWCC, 160th SOAR or JTAC. If I remember correct ÖKK doesn't fall under Army. It has its own force (Komutanlık).
First of all USSOCOM is overseeing the different special operations commands from the different branches of the US forces and not the Joint Special Operations Command JSOC. SOCOM is overseeing Joint Special Operations Command JSOC, US Army Special Operations Command USASOC, US Air Forces Special Operations Command AFSOC, US Marine Special Operations Command MARSOC, US Navy Special Warfare Command NSWC. The USSOCOM is tasked with the joint command and ensuring the interoperability of all the special operations commands from the different branches of the armed forces listed. The JSOC is component of the USSOCOM and is classed as Tier 1. Some units are publicly disclosed to be part of the JSOC but we can't be sure about their specific structure. In one sentence: The elite of the elite of the armed forces is JSOC which is composed by the most elite units from different branches of the armed forces primarily tasked with counter-terrorism operations.

Second of all. In Turkey there are not special operations commands in the branches of the Turkish Armed Forces. In the Land Forces Command there is not such command. In the Air Forces Command there is not such command. In the Navy the only comparable is the Underwater Attack Command of SAT (Navy's Special Operation Forces). While officially in the Turkish Armed Forces there is no USSOCOM comparable structure there is Special Forces Command tied to the General Staff. OKK receives personnel from all branches of the armed forces and is not a homogeneous formation. In OKK there are personnel qualified for different types of special operations but officially I don't know about any jurisdiction that is allowing them to command other special operations units within the official frame.

While they don't have such as we know in Turkey a lot of things are going out of the official frame and implications. When the Kardak crisis started the SAT team that infiltrated the rocks was overseen by OKK and OKK was part of the planning of the operation. This is only an example. There are more such examples from the "Good old days" but officially the answer is NO we don't have USSOCOM comparable structure. As for JSOC maybe yes maybe no. If there is we don't know and that's good and if there isn't we also don't know and it is also good (that we don't know). Tier 1 units? Yes. The Special Forces Command is possessing such capabilities.

What's deal with guys like this? Don't they care about people filming them or they don't know how to use sights. I've heard in other forums even in units like devgru or delta there are some guys who do weird stuff. Very cool uniform btw. Yellow/red on black looks great.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
What's deal with guys like this? Don't they care about people filming them or they don't know how to use sights. I've heard in other forums even in units like devgru or delta there are some guys who do weird stuff. Very cool uniform btw. Yellow/red on black looks great.

Notice his Stock is set at minimal distance, mounting his optic forward allows him to see the optic and have and have the gun in close to him. There's nothing wrong with this. If he was out in the country side and not in a CQB environment then that would of sparked a wtf.

Don't they care about people filming them or they don't know how to use sights.

Mounting sights further forward = less field of view through sight but more around. Also if you are right handed and left eye dominant further forward placement gives you some eye relief (shooting both eyes open). Some dudes also do it because they're faster on target. For CQB situation you can do it for longer ranges hopefully not.

I personally wouldn't place a optic on the handguard, barrel heat, vibration the handguard can shift/twist over time (you lose your "0") also not good for the optic and electronics inside.

Are these IR Illuminators locally produced? Maybe not the one on the rifle but ones turkish soldiers use.
If we talk especially about the first picture the IR illuminator device is AN/PEQ 15 in Black. Top notch piece of equipment. The IR Illuminators that you would usually see with Commando personnel are locally made. It is from the DLIRIL series of the Turkish company 3EEOS.

0 discipline and sense of correct self protection for a Police "Special Force" and unnecessary Rambo behaviour, why do they buy them new gear when they refuse to wear it and rather went out wearing bandanas and ammo belts?
That sh!t is made for a purpose.
Some say weather, some say weight I say lack of professionalism, love for his life and education. Take every force in 2020 from Commando Brigades in the Gendarmerie or Land Forces, The Navy, The Special Forces and you will not see such a thing in that wide scale anywhere even in the Village Guards.

POH must be cut in half, used only as quick reaction tactical teams used in mostly criminal cases and new elite counter-terrorism unit must be formed under TEM because they have the capabilities to do it. TEM in some regions are so pissed of POH that they started to invest more in their operational teams and do the job mainly by themselves better than POH would do it.

I want to see unit within the police of which the people are specially chosen, trained and equipped according to the actual terrorism threats that are posed from every side of the world to Turkey. When I read about them I don't want to ask myself why he is not wearing armor, why he is not using his magazine pouches like he is supposed to, why he is putting that flashlight in the bottom of the handguard, why he is not able to do 20 proper pushups but is part of the most elite unit in the police, why he is looking like a HTS fighter instead of Turkish policeman, why he doesn't know how to use his weapon sights properly, why the only way he knows of securing perimeter is by swearing, hitting the people and shooting in the air, why I know better his equipment than himself, why he is wearing the ammo belt of his MG like Rambo, why he is bringing a machete on duty, why he is putting that Desert Eagle (Yes 50. cal Desert Eagle) on the left side of the waist with handle pointing forward and many more questions.

Look at these and then look at the guys who can't sustain "the present weather conditions" and are looking more like a mahalle baba yigidi instead of a professionals and maybe are using more TikTok instead of their brains. The only thing POH is better is their combat experience... sad to tell but full of warriors that got hit in the head by bullet or shrapnel and martyred because of "the fvcking weather". There are small community within POH that is good and not only good but very good in their job. Apart from them POH is everything but mentality I like to see within the Turkish security system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom