What's new

Turkish Special Operations Forces

Man our SSG looks like rag tag militia compared to these soldiers.

Your SSG has some pretty decent gear and leagues apart from your regular troops in that regard. Maybe you're being deceived by the optics and camo similar to US troops which makes Turkish SFs look more advanced. Strap some optics onto the rifle & helmet in the below pic and they'll look pretty much the same.

Several photo ops of special forces are sometimes intended to make em look more appealing & menacing. Pretty much all countries with decent military capabilities have their Spec Ops teams fully equiped with the best available arms & gear

ptxi5fqyq1921.jpg

Last edited:
Your SSG has some pretty decent gear and leagues apart from your regular troops in that regard. Maybe you're being deceived by the optics and camo similar to US troops which makes Turkish SFs look more advanced. Strap some optics onto the rifle & helmet in the below pic and they'll look pretty much the same.

Several photo ops of special forces are sometimes intended to make em look more appealing & menacing. Pretty much all countries with decent military capabilities have their Spec Ops teams fully equiped with the best available arms & gear

ptxi5fqyq1921.jpg
Can you take your time and write for us what is the equipment used by the Pakistani soldiers on that pic, write us the equipment used by SAT on the other pics and compare the two? I would also like to hear your analysis on the equipment of SAT and how they are just wearing that to be more appealing to the people, compare it to their standard equipment. Thank you in advance mister "expert".

Can you take your time and write for us what is the equipment used by the Pakistani soldiers on that pic, write us the equipment used by SAT on the other pics and compare the two? I would also like to hear your analysis on the equipment of SAT and how they are just wearing that to be more appealing to the people, compare it to their standard equipment. Thank you in advance mister "expert".
I am in no way saying Turkish SFs are underequipped but only addressing @Haris Ali2140 post that their SSG looks like a rag-tag militia infront of your SF. Any country with a decent military budged has always put SF's equipment & training as one of their top priority without denying any of their requirements

I am in no way saying Turkish SFs are underequipped but only addressing @Haris Ali2140 post that their SSG looks like a rag-tag militia infront of your SF. Any country with a decent military budged has always put SF's equipment & training as one of their top priority without denying any of their requirements
"Maybe you're being deceived by the optics and camo similar to US troops which makes Turkish SFs look more advanced. Strap some optics onto the rifle & helmet in the below pic and they'll look pretty much the same."

I see something wrong in the comment. With attaching optics and wearing US standard camos you can achieve nothing in terms to the equipment. This is the way of going more appealing to the people who don't understand what exactly they are looking at. I can assure you that this is not the case with the soldiers on the picture. You just do not buy a belt for 90$ or pants for 275$ just to look sick. I am not mentioning the other tactical equipment that the soldiers have there (top quality) and what is their price actually. This have nothing to do with optics and night visions from AliExpress. The Turkish SF are NOT there for the looks.

"Maybe you're being deceived by the optics and camo similar to US troops which makes Turkish SFs look more advanced. Strap some optics onto the rifle & helmet in the below pic and they'll look pretty much the same."

I see something wrong in the comment. With attaching optics and wearing US standard camos you can achieve nothing in terms to the equipment. This is the way of going more appealing to the people who don't understand what exactly they are looking at. I can assure you that this is not the case with the soldiers on the picture. You just do not buy a belt for 90$ or pants for 275$ just to look sick. I am not mentioning the other tactical equipment that the soldiers have there (top quality) and what is their price actually. This have nothing to do with optics and night visions from AliExpress. The Turkish SF are NOT there for the looks.
Who's even talking about the looks. You grossly misunderstood my comment. I am only emphasizing on the fact that plugging in some optics & a MACS helmet on the SSG pic which I posted would also make em look the same. His statement nor my response is not about the operational capabilities nor training/tactics etc but solely about the equipment & gear used

And ofcourse no top of the line military would purchase cheap chinese goods but would go for the best. I am in no way saying Turkish SFs are only for the looks but reiterating that SSG is on a comparable scale when comes to equipping their teams

Who's even talking about the looks. You grossly misunderstood my comment. I am only emphasizing on the fact that plugging in some optics & a MACS helmet on the SSG pic which I posted would also make em look the same. His statement nor my response is not about the operational capabilities nor training/tactics etc but solely about the equipment & gear used

And ofcourse no top of the line military would purchase cheap chinese goods but would go for the best. I am in no way saying Turkish SFs are only for the looks but reiterating that SSG is on a comparable scale when comes to equipping their teams
Unfortunately this is not true. In declining the problems it doesn't mean they are not there. The standard equipment of a Pakistani SSG is unfortunately very far from the standard SAT kit for example and I think the command should take the necessary steps for modernizing the SSG units. To make their equipment comparable to that of SAT is not a simple task. This doesn't change with only adopting a new service rifle or a helmet. Only a guy who does not understand the importance of the quality gear would think that way.

The better personnel equipment is giving the individual comfort and is winning the soldier tactical superiority. There is very big difference between taking "any" optics and put it on optics killer like the SCAR-17 and taking optics from proven brands like EO Tech and ELCAN and there is very big difference between wearing "any" MultiCam pant and wearing a Crye Precision 3M combat pant when you need mobility, endurance and functionality. In my eyes putting a MultiCam uniform and optics will not make them look the same or comparable and nobody must think that way. There must be critics and in that case they are absolutely valid.

While it is true that every country wants to equip its SF the best way possible somehow SSG are being neglected in my eyes and they are poorly equipped for so qualified unit from which the expectations are high and is wanted to show superior performance in large amount of mission profiles.

I just want to tell you that it is not simple to compare the gear of SAT and SSG and say that SSG are comparable. This would be a lie and would not bring any positives. The difference between the SSG kit and the SAT kit is just a couple of thousand dollars and a lot of tactical pluses. Only the camera of the soldier in the front on the last picture that our friend responded to costs 500$ and the video transmitter tied to it is like 500$ more. The price is not something to talk that way but in order to receive the tactical plus of the ability to record high quality content and stream it in real time to the commanding staff is bringing a lot of positives like improved situational and tactical awareness, the ability of the commanding staff to take decisions faster and better and also the ability to analyze every part of the operation or the exercise that is conducted which could bring only positives and unfortunately in our world you have to pay for it. We must not deceive the people that doesn't have knowledge about gear in thinking that with some optics and night vision the problem is solved. It must never be about the looks. The tactical inventory could not be very large but even in its limited amount it must be top quality in my opinion. I am speaking in anger because units like SSG really needs and deserves better equipment and the Pakistani Armed Forces must invest and give it to them. Fvck the cameras, fancy lasers and blasters. SSG must be supplied at least with the basic high quality equipment they need. Look at the picture below. This is SAT kit... Unfortunately very very far.

ananananan-jpg.186799

generally pakistani troops look like rag tag militia. sorry. there is a saying in Turkey

''The best friend always tell the truth.''
they dont need to show off anything. they have nuclear bombs and 200 million people behind army. i dodnt think their security is depend on those couple of well equipped soldiers..
on the other hand, we saw that after the incident in Washington with Erdogans security guards, it was banned to sell them a US made weapons. now imagine situation about Pakistan. Can they really purchase them is another issue

they dont need to show off anything. they have nuclear bombs and 200 million people behind army. i dodnt think their security is depend on those couple of well equipped soldiers..
on the other hand, we saw that after the incident in Washington with Erdogans security guards, it was banned to sell them a US made weapons. now imagine situation about Pakistan. Can they really purchase them is another issue
also the part people forget is how much training SO gone through and how capable they are.

also the part people forget is how much training SO gone through and how capable they are.
it is also about a heart they can put. just couple of years ago, a single Azerbaijani soldier, killed more than hundred Armenian soldiers, passing through mined area, fighting all night alone, whom even Putin said i thought Rembos are only in the movies. His name is Mubariz Ibrahimov.
Basically, in war, those gadjets doesnt really save much life, look at what happened to US forces in Africa... it can help but not the turning point.

it is also about a heart they can put. just couple of years ago, a single Azerbaijani soldier, killed more than hundred Armenian soldiers, passing through mined area, fighting all night alone, whom even Putin said i thought Rembos are only in the movies. His name is Mubariz Ibrahimov.
Basically, in war, those gadjets doesnt really save much life, look at what happened to US forces in Africa... it can help but not the turning point.
Allah rahmat elasin.

Back
Top Bottom