What's new

Turkish pilots killed by Assad, not crash: leaked documents

One question - if there is a war on Syria by external armies like Saudi, Turk etc will it split the FSA..I mean into one faction supporting the external invaders and other one - who even though oppose Assad - do not like external armies on their soil ?

When you claim something, you need to show your proof or otherwise your words will be worthless. I don't need to bring up anything, it is the Al-Arabiya that needs to bring up its proofs to prove that it's news are credible. Noone would give credit to some printed papers, they need more than that. You can't just say that, ''These leaked CIA documents prove that Aliens exist and anyone who opposes me needs to prove that these documents are not CIA's secret documents that got destroyed years ago.''

But again, it might be the truth as TurAr mentioned.
Al-Arabiya put its credibility on the line when they claimed that they authenticated the documents. That's all what they need to do. when the Guardian and New york Times published wikileaks, all they said we confirmed these documents were authentic. After that, the burden of proof shifts to the one claiming its false. This not a random tabloid website, its a respected journalist organization that would never have made a big deal about these documents unless they verified them. As I said, the burden of proof is on you. Not everything is a grand conspiracy to get you to war.

Al-Arabiya put its credibility on the line when they claimed that they authenticated the documents. That's all what they need to do. when the Guardian and New york Times published wikileaks, all they said we confirmed these documents were authentic. After that, the burden of proof shifts to the one claiming its false. This not a random tabloid website, its a respected journalist organization that would never have made a big deal about these documents unless they verified them. As I said, the burden of proof is on you. Not everything is a grand conspiracy to get you to war.

Dude you've got to be kidding me ! The burden of proof never shifts till the guilt has been proved beyond reasonable doubt; over here there is nothing but 'doubt' !

Granted that Al-Arabiya might not be a tabloid but it ain't the Koran either ! And it functions the same way the rest of the Media Fraternity does; sensationalize stuff & see your profits soaring.

Are you going to take their word for it ? How have they authenticated & verified the documents ?
I don't have to, just like I don't have to authenticate every wikileaks document, or Al Jazeera's Palestinian papers to believe them. These are news organizations that rely on their credibility, if anything was fake it will be shown soon.

Since when Al-Arabiya (Semi-Official FSA news outlet) is an authentic source to confirm something like this?

More like a conspiracy warmongering theory than reality.What's the point of killing the pilots?

Syria could send its message more strongly by only downing the jet rather than capturing,interrogating and killing the pilots to give excuse to Turkey.This is ridiculous from every way you look at it.

Dude you've got to be kidding me ! The burden of proof never shifts till the guilt has been proved beyond reasonable doubt; over here there is nothing but 'doubt' !

Granted that Al-Arabiya might not be a tabloid but it ain't the Koran either ! And it functions the same way the rest of the Media Fraternity does; sensationalize stuff & see your profits soaring.

OK then lets wait for a non-biased newspapers to discredit Al-Alrabiya. Until then, they are authentic.

I don't have to, just like I don't have to authenticate every wikileaks document, or Al Jazeera's Palestinian papers to believe them. These are news organizations that rely on their credibility, if anything was fake it will be shown soon.

Good God in heaven ! :hitwall:

Good Luck with that son, I'm sure it wasn't their 'credibility' on the line in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam & almost every other contemporary conflict that we can think of.

OK then lets wait for a non-biased newspapers to discredit Al-Alrabiya. Until then, they are authentic.

They are authentic because they say they are - What impeccable logic !

Good God in heaven ! :hitwall:

Good Luck with that son, I'm sure it wasn't their 'credibility' on the line in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam & almost every other contemporary conflict that we can think of.

They are authentic because they say they are - What impeccable logic !
Talk about severe paranoia issues..
What is it mr.Armstong that will convince you its authentic?
Nothing really, you can always claim there is a conspiracy.
These documents are signed and sealed by the Syrian government. They displayed the documentes, if you don't believe them thats your problem.

Syria could send its message more strongly by only downing the jet rather than capturing,interrogating and killing the pilots to give excuse to Turkey.This is ridiculous from every way you look at it.

I don't think the interrogation has something to do with 'sending a message' but simply gathering information. If the story is true, killing the pilots makes sense... I think everybody can imagine how an interrogation would seem like in Syria. What would Turkey do after learning about their pilots have been tortured by Syria?

if turkey had nukes....syria would have never dared to shoot down that plane.......

its a wake up call for the turks....build your own nukes........conventional weapons will remain conventional for ever.......

if u have 10 nukes.......they are better than..1000 vipers....they will deter the enemy...cause those 1000 vipers wont have a place to land if u use those 10 nukes.

I don't think the interrogation has something to do with 'sending a message' but simply gathering information. If the story is true, killing the pilots makes sense... I think everybody can imagine how an interrogation would seem like in Syria. What would Turkey do after learning about their pilots have been tortured by Syria?
Let's assume the pilots were there to gather secret information.What secret information could they have?They just had a mission to gather information on Syria.Pilots are not the best choices for interrogating.They are either assigned to bomb somewhere or gather information from somewhere.Also,there was no need for killing them.
You said the pilots did not eject the plane,so it is's almost impossible they have survived the crash,both of them.As I said,this story doesn't make sense.Where did Al-Arabiya got its information?From Syrian intelligence?On a mission that is supposed to be ultra-secret?

Al-Arabiya said the VP defected a month ago........ awesome credibility.

Syria would have kept the pilots alive to threaten Turkey with them.......

PEOPLE PLEASE THINK. SINCE WHEN ALARBIEYH SAID THE TRUTH??

Let's assume the pilots were there to gather secret information.What secret information could they have?They just had a mission to gather information on Syria.Pilots are not the best choices for interrogating.They are either assigned to bomb somewhere or gather information from somewhere.Also,there was no need for killing them.
You said the pilots did not eject the plane,so it is's almost impossible they have survived the crash,both of them.As I said,this story doesn't make sense.Where did Al-Arabiya got its information?From Syrian intelligence?On a mission that is supposed to be ultra-secret?

I'm sure learning that 'somewhere' would be enough reason for Syria to 'interrogate' them. And i explained why it make sense to kill them.

Btw, i'm not accepting these claims as real, but just doing some brainstorming.

Back
Top Bottom