What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

we should have taken the china card out of our deck a long time ago better then between russia and the us

I think most people here fail to realize something:
We are not getting married with Barzani, we are applying the divide and conquer strategy.

PKK is getting more powerful in KRG every passing day. At this rate not only will we lose the lesser of the two evil (read: barzani) but also PKK will be the one and only powerful kurdish group in Syria and Iraq.

On the other hand, we all know how much of an incompetent leader Barzani is!! He wont become a powerful leader if you lend him all the support in the world!

So here is what happens if we support the weak barzani against the strong pkk:
* eternal struggle between rats
* retain influence in krg
* no strong kurdish leadership emerges

Here is what wont happen:
* barzani will become a great leader and starts working against Turkey and our leaders will be smashing their heads against walls.

Cards will be shown soon. Write it down somewhere

Their only solution, is that YPG want to fight back and won't give their lands to SAA.
OR
Let down their "official" support to their proxy. and let them fight whoever they want... but SAA/RU will resume airstrikes and attack on them... as any rebel faction.

Here's a genuine question, and I'd like the self-proclaimed Turkish experts around here to answer it.

If the Turks entered northern Syria for the sole purpose of stopping the YPG Kurds from connecting all the cantons, then why don't they now hand over the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor to the Syrian government and declare that their mission has been accomplished?

What's keeping the Turks in the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor? If Damascus takes over that area, then it should be mission accomplished as far as the Turks are concerned.

Something tells me the Turks aren't really interested in leaving that region, even though they blocked Afrin canton from linking up with the rest of the YPG-held areas.

There are two possible reasons why the Turks aren't planning to leave anytime soon:

1. They're probably still thinking about overthrowing Assad and his government, which means that a future military confrontation between Turkey and Syria is just around the corner.

2. They probably know deep down that Syria is finished as a unified country and that it's eventually going to break up, which means that they're probably thinking of carving a Turkmen state out of northwestern Syria, which I personally (and ironically) wouldn't mind since anything that aggravates racist Arab nationalists is a good thing in my book lol.

I'm thinking the second reason is probably closer to the truth.

There's something that none of the Turkish members here even appreciate or understand. They fail to realize that Erdogan's Kurdish allies, i.e. the Barzani-backed Rojava Peshmerga, are in favor of seceding from Syria and creating an independent Kurdistan. So if the Rojava Peshmerga end up replacing the YPG east of the Euphrates, which is what Erdogan and Barzani are hoping for, then you can rest assured that the Syrian Kurds will declare independence and merge with Iraqi Kurdistan to form a larger Kurdish state.

So the fight between Turkey and the non-secessionist YPG doesn't really make any sense from Turkey's point of view, unless you consider the fact that the YPG was historically backed by the Assad dynasty.

So that's what the whole fight is all about. And since Turkey knows that it's virtually impossible to remove Assad from power now that Russia has fully backed him, Ankara has probably resigned to carving a small Turkmen statelet out of northwestern Syria.

And if I'm wrong about this, then there's really no need for the Turks to be in the Azaz corridor anymore. They can easily hand it over to the Syrian government, but they choose not to because they fear the Syrian government a lot more than they fear the YPG.

I wonder how far Erdogan will go here, because whatever he does it will set a precedent for the future. I thin the TSK should increase military aid to other FSA controlled areas and the TSK needs to drive both east and west at the same time to connect territories liberated through ES with territories under the control of FSA-related rebels. This reminds me of the Bosnian war where the Bosniak and Croat forces were trying to liberate as much as possible before the big boys started getting involved and once they did the show was over. With that said the TSK needs to move and move FAST. God speed brothers.

"self-proclaimed Turkish experts around here"
Everyone is one around here... Good luck.
:D

I just want to know their thoughts. I doubt they even thought about this lol.

If Turkey's real purpose was simply to stop the Syrian Kurds from connecting all their cantons together, then why doesn't Turkey hand over the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor to the Syrian government and be done with it? Hasn't Turkey achieved its goal after all?

I know many Arab members won't like hearing this, but I think Syria is going to break up and that Turkey just wants a piece of the Syrian pie.

The Americans have the largest piece of the Syrian pie via the YPG-held areas in Rojava / Syrian Kurdistan. The Russians also have a large piece via the Alawite coastal regions in western and southwestern Syria.

The Turks probably felt left out and decided to carve a Turkmen state out of northwestern Syria.

So, ironically, Turkey's presence in Syria will end up accelerating the country's breakup.

If Ankara is truly worried about the emergence of a Kurdish state in Syria, then it should hand the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor over to the Syrian government and help the Syrian government restore the prewar status quo. So why isn't Turkey doing that?

:D

I just want to know their thoughts. I doubt they even thought about this lol.

If Turkey's real purpose was simply to stop the Syrian Kurds from connecting all their cantons together, then why doesn't Turkey hand over the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor to the Syrian government and be done with it? Hasn't Turkey achieved its goal after all?

I know many Arab members won't like hearing this, but I think Syria is going to break up and that Turkey just wants a piece of the Syrian pie.

The Americans have the largest piece of the Syrian pie via the YPG-held areas in Rojava / Syrian Kurdistan. The Russians also have a large piece via the Alawite coastal regions in western and southwestern Syria.

The Turks probably felt left out and decided to carve a Turkmen state out of northwestern Syria.

So, ironically, Turkey's presence in Syria will end up accelerating the country's breakup.

If Ankara is truly worried about the emergence of a Kurdish state in Syria, then it should hand the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor over to the Syrian government and help the Syrian government restore the prewar status quo. So why isn't Turkey doing that?

"stop them from connecting all their cantons together" is not the reason lol. There can be no presence of terrorists along our borders, and ISIS has already been dealt with for now. So now its your turn, ya better get your running shoes on cause you can only run for so long.

And saying "Turkeys presence is accelerating Syria's breakup" is stupid, you think an independent Kurdish state won't breakup the country at all?

The last thing we're gonna do is hand over territory to someone who works with YPG (assad).

"stop them from connecting all their cantons together" is not the reason lol. There can be no presence of terrorists along our borders, and ISIS has already been dealt with for now. So now its your turn, ya better get your running shoes on cause you can only run for so long.

And saying "Turkeys presence is accelerating Syria's breakup" is stupid, you think an independent Kurdish state won't breakup the country at all?

The last thing we're gonna do is hand over territory to someone who works with YPG (assad).
You're contradicting yourself lol.

If Turkey refuses to hand the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor over to Assad/Damascus, then Syria will break up. There's no other way around this. You either work with Assad to preserve Syria's unity, or you'll end up with another Yugoslavia in the region.

Assad is now too strong in southern, western and central Syria. His government is only weak in the north and east.

So if Turkey refuses to give the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor to Assad, then that means that the Turks will let someone else (i.e. another group/entity) administer that region, in which case Turkey will unintentionally end up fragmenting Syria. And when that happens, all major minority groups in Syria will go for self-rule, including the Kurds.

Also a safe zone so the millions of refugees can return to syria. Either they pick regime terriroty or ES

We actually dont back barzani. Erdogan does but they also forced him to back him. We never wanted a KRG either but thats the way it is.

I dont think that Syria will break up- thats unrealistic nowadays. I think assad will clear the green pockets and then he will try to reconcile with arab tribes in hasaka and qamisli and as he numeros times mentioned " he will regain every inch of land in syria" and that is also what hes doing right now which is a good thing.
But Erdogan is planning to give his friend, Barzani, the green light to send the Rojava Peshmerga into northeastern Syria. The Rojava Peshmerga, unlike the YPG, are hardcore Kurdish nationalists and separatists.

Erdogan's Kurdish allies (i.e. the Peshmerga) are more pro-separatism than his enemies (i.e. the YPG). This is a fact. The Peshmerga won't tolerate Arabs in northeastern Syria. They'll get rid of them just like they did in Kirkuk a few years ago, and Ankara will turn a blind eye to it because of its strong business and economic ties with the Barzani tribe.

Turkey can only preserve Syria's unity by helping Assad recapture all areas from every single rebel faction, including the FSA. But Turkey isn't willing to do that. The Turks do not have a clear strategy in Syria. They've slowly moved away from the Idlib rebels, but they're still not committed to helping Assad. In other words, the Turks are simply doing what America and Russia have done, which is carving de facto statelets out of Syrian territory.

Davutoglu should be hanged in public.

The picture was specifically taken view Suleyman Sah tomb,two big Errors
1) Allowed Pyd-Pkk transfering to Kobani via Turkey.
2)Changing Suleymen Sah tomb.

Theese two crazy things decided
A.Davutoglu period,totally disaster..We don't know what Davutoglu spoken with US and especially Germanay.Never ever Trust Centercom people,their fisrt aim is space and place for Israel.(most of Jewish )

If we turned up again this US 8x8 picture view of Tomb,big message...Davutoglu probably saying,but America promise us.

Back
Top Bottom