What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Does anyone have footage of actual Turkish forces (infantry) fighting in ES? Curious to see if there is any, thanks.

China support to YPG/SDF.. lol

C6KtGMtWAAAOhID.jpg:large
C6KtHiTWUAI0fdw.jpg:large

chinese type 07

C6Ku7gXXMAI73Xh.jpg:large

Does anyone have footage of actual Turkish forces (infantry) fighting in ES? Curious to see if there is any, thanks.

OPSEC, footage of Turkish soldiers fighting is rare and almost always filmed by rebels. However, there are alot of pictures but those are usually casual/not in combat.

China support to YPG/SDF.. lol

C6KtGMtWAAAOhID.jpg:large
C6KtHiTWUAI0fdw.jpg:large

chinese type 07

C6Ku7gXXMAI73Xh.jpg:large

Our armed drones need some target practice, they should be 24/7 above these donkeys.

OPSEC, footage of Turkish soldiers fighting is rare and almost always filmed by rebels. However, there are alot of pictures but those are usually casual/not in combat.

Our armed drones need some target practice, they should be 24/7 above these donkeys.

Well if Turkey let herself been used by Russia and Assad like a virgin... be assured not even a bullet will not fly around there... let alone 24/7 drones...

Well if Turkey let herself been used by Russia and Assad like a virgin... be assured not even a bullet will not fly around there... let alone 24/7 drones...

Im not saying I dont agree with that, just some optimism;)

Well SDF/YPG tho' Turkey/FSA was the enemy seems it's gonna be an inside job for the coming months... Have Fun

C6K1j89WcAEEUKp.jpg:small

"Turkey to hand over Azaz-Jarablus" - "disengage from FSA". You're basically asking Turkey to end it's operations completely, even if we were to do this it would only allow YPG to grow stronger. How can you say Turkey is trying to or will breakup Syria when Assad is literally doing that himself, by supporting YPG.

Stop creating fantasies in your head, no one's handing over anything to Assad other than coward YPG and no one else will. Anyways, once Turkey starts it's operations all your fantasies will be crushed.

_54.jpg
We will hand over everything to Assad eventually, once we eliminate PKK completely in Syria.

We are not there permanently.

We will hand over everything to Assad eventually, once we eliminate PKK completely in Syria.

We are not there permanently.
Then why doesn't Turkey hand over the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor to Assad? Why is Turkey building its own police force, military bases and Turkish-language schools in that area?

I honestly think the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor will eventually be annexed into Turkey via a Russian-style referendum. It'll be just like Turkey's annexation of Hatay province in the late 1930s.

Plus, it depends on what Turkey wants to do with the Syrian Turkmens. If Assad doesn't end up giving Syrian Turkmens autonomy and linguistic/cultural rights, then I doubt Turkey will hand the Turkmen areas over to Assad.

Then why doesn't Turkey hand over the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor to Assad?
Because like this we have 3 new fronts to confront PKK. Look at a map.
Why is Turkey building its own police force, military bases and Turkish-language schools in that area?
Well those places need asayish to operate, right? Silly question.

And in which language did you expect Turkey to teach children? Another silly question.

Because like this we have 3 new fronts to confront PKK. Look at a map.

Well those places need asayish to operate, right? Silly question.

And in which language did you expect Turkey to teach children? Another silly question.
They should be taught Arabic since that area is, after all, part of Syria lmao.

Anyway, I'm just stating the obvious.

Turkey isn't going to leave that area anytime soon, regardless of the Kurds. This isn't about the Kurds anymore; this is about the Syrian Turkmens. Ankara isn't going to hand them over to Assad. Unless a miracle occurs in which Assad gets overthrown by the Syrian opposition and the Turkmens get autonomy, Turkey will most likely end up annexing the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor.

They should be taught Arabic since that area is, after all, part of Syria lmao.

Anyway, I'm just stating the obvious.

Turkey isn't going to leave that area anytime soon, regardless of the Kurds. This isn't about the Kurds anymore; this is about the Syrian Turkmens. Ankara isn't going to hand them over to Assad. Unless a miracle occurs in which Assad gets overthrown by the Syrian opposition and the Turkmens get autonomy, Turkey will most likely end up annexing the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor.

Good.

Then why doesn't Turkey hand over the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor to Assad? Why is Turkey building its own police force, military bases and Turkish-language schools in that area?

I honestly think the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor will eventually be annexed into Turkey via a Russian-style referendum. It'll be just like Turkey's annexation of Hatay province in the late 1930s.

Plus, it depends on what Turkey wants to do with the Syrian Turkmens. If Assad doesn't end up giving Syrian Turkmens autonomy and linguistic/cultural rights, then I doubt Turkey will hand the Turkmen areas over to Assad.

Why would you hand over the Area to Assad on an empty promise to remove YPG control when you are in a better position now and can do so afterwards?

You underestimate how nationalistic Turkish people are and that no one is interested in a poor region being added to Turkey. Not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom