What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Anadolu Den. İnş. Kız. San ve Tic. A.Ş. | Furstrans Grup | LCT | LST | Tersane

Here is Adik Fast Attack Boat design , probably joined the tender. But seems a little inadequate to win against others .

fast patrol picture.jpg

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF the SHIP

Function:

Primary : She designed for defensive and offensive operations in littoral (brown) water with high speed, maneuverability and load carrying capability.

Secondary:

• EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone) & Coastal patrol
  • Search and Rescue, Aid to disaster areas.
  • Maritime Law Enforcement.
  • Immigration Control.
Description:

Ship is a mono-hull type vessel, all steel construction, designed to meet the speed, sea keeping maneuverability

Displacement :
420 Tons
Length (LOA) : 56,70 m
Length (LWL) : 49,82 m
Beam : 9,18 m
Propulsion
:
2 X 4320 kW diesel engines,2 X gear box, 2 shafts, 2 rudders
Speed (continuous) : 22 Kts at full load displacement
(Max speed): 30(+) Kts.

Sea worthiness :
Ship will have an unlimited operation capability up to Sea State – 4, Sea worty up to sea state 6

Endurance :
1000 nautical miles at full load displacement and continuous speed. Enough provisions for 7 days at sea.

Complement:

5 officers, 16 Petty officers, 18 ratings

Special Features:
Control and monitoring of the propulsion system from bridge and MCR.

Monitoring and control of major ship systems from the bridge and monitoring of alarms at MCR.
100% redundancy for critical systems.
Fully air conditioned accommodation.
Flood and fire Alarm System.
Ships are under contraction in accordance with desire Lloyd Military Ships Rules and design.

Rules and Regulations :

IMO/MARPOL 73/78
IMO/SOLAS
COLREG
Stability as per BV – 1033
NATO STANDARTS (STANAG, ANEP, etc.)
ISO

Electric : 2 x 250 Kw Diesel Generators with Power Management System 400 V, 3 Phase, 50 Hz. Capable of carrying full demand with 90 percent loading.

Two identical main switchboard for full redundancy.

Electronic :

Navigation : Fiber optic INS, DGPS, Log, Echo Sounder.
Communication : HF, UHF, VHF, SART and EPIRB.

Anadolu Den. İnş. Kız. San ve Tic. A.Ş. | Furstrans Grup | LCT | LST | Tersane

Here is Adik Fast Attack Boat design , probably joined the tender. But seems a little inadequate to win against others .

View attachment 33386

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF the SHIP

Function:

Primary : She designed for defensive and offensive operations in littoral (brown) water with high speed, maneuverability and load carrying capability.

Secondary:

• EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone) & Coastal patrol
  • Search and Rescue, Aid to disaster areas.
  • Maritime Law Enforcement.
  • Immigration Control.
Description:

Ship is a mono-hull type vessel, all steel construction, designed to meet the speed, sea keeping maneuverability

Displacement :
420 Tons
Length (LOA) : 56,70 m
Length (LWL) : 49,82 m
Beam : 9,18 m
Propulsion
:
2 X 4320 kW diesel engines,2 X gear box, 2 shafts, 2 rudders
Speed (continuous) : 22 Kts at full load displacement
(Max speed): 30(+) Kts.

Sea worthiness :
Ship will have an unlimited operation capability up to Sea State – 4, Sea worty up to sea state 6

Endurance :
1000 nautical miles at full load displacement and continuous speed. Enough provisions for 7 days at sea.

Complement:

5 officers, 16 Petty officers, 18 ratings

Special Features:
Control and monitoring of the propulsion system from bridge and MCR.

Monitoring and control of major ship systems from the bridge and monitoring of alarms at MCR.
100% redundancy for critical systems.
Fully air conditioned accommodation.
Flood and fire Alarm System.
Ships are under contraction in accordance with desire Lloyd Military Ships Rules and design.

Rules and Regulations :

IMO/MARPOL 73/78
IMO/SOLAS
COLREG
Stability as per BV – 1033
NATO STANDARTS (STANAG, ANEP, etc.)
ISO

Electric : 2 x 250 Kw Diesel Generators with Power Management System 400 V, 3 Phase, 50 Hz. Capable of carrying full demand with 90 percent loading.

Two identical main switchboard for full redundancy.

Electronic :

Navigation : Fiber optic INS, DGPS, Log, Echo Sounder.
Communication : HF, UHF, VHF, SART and EPIRB.

This is the best...

1401570280033.jpg

Whose design is this ? it looks cool except of RAM's location, angle of sight seems to be reduced until 250 degrees :)
Anyway my Favourite is RMK's design with aluminum hull even its armanement is weaker than the design you showed yet its more agile and fast , cheaper as well .
But i know our guys in navy totally negative for a different metall than steel .Beside all the antipathy against RMK by government.,Even RMK by itself was negative for aluminum hull , denied to produce prototype while most of expenses offered by TUBITAK.

Whose design is this ? it looks cool except of RAM's location, angle of sight seems to be reduced until 250 degrees :)
Anyway my Favourite is RMK's design with aluminum hull even its armanement is weaker than the design you showed yet its more agile and fast , cheaper as well .
But i know our guys in navy totally negative for a different metall than steel .Beside all the antipathy against RMK by government.,Even RMK by itself was negative for aluminum hull , denied to produce prototype while most of expenses offered by TUBITAK.

I don't know... Cabatli sent this design and gave some info including weapon systems.... It is really armed like crazy...

@isoo

From TRAHMET's post...

"unfortunatelly we havent got any info about it... we saw it first time on navyrecognition.com from fair photos of DIMDEX 2014

ScreenShot186_zpsa893459b.jpg

they only published a photo and no info regarding this.... we guess it will replace our older patroal boats like kartal klass. and Turkish forum members says speed can be about 42 knots,

weapon systems looks like that:

-8 SSM
-4 torpedos
-two sides soft-kill
-2 STAMP
-1 RAM
-1 76 mm main gun

Design must be made by STM

regards."

Also Cabatli added as...

"Design is from STM & ArMerKom..."

I think we can export lots of this... Especially some Arab countries don't want to buy big ships... They buy small ones... For example we sold mrtps and lastly ares boats... So we can export so many of this FAC...

@isoo

From TRAHMET's post...

"unfortunatelly we havent got any info about it... we saw it first time on navyrecognition.com from fair photos of DIMDEX 2014

ScreenShot186_zpsa893459b.jpg

they only published a photo and no info regarding this.... we guess it will replace our older patroal boats like kartal klass. and Turkish forum members says speed can be about 42 knots,

weapon systems looks like that:

-8 SSM
-4 torpedos
-two sides soft-kill
-2 STAMP
-1 RAM
-1 76 mm main gun

Design must be made by STM

regards."

Also Cabatli added as...

"Design is from STM & ArMerKom..."
They made a good job by locating SSM beneath deck and hidden, but RAM's location is really concerning me . Still its a nice design if RAM's location is revised. Exactly a Jr Milgem with upper platform design with Tower .

They made a good job by locating SSM beneath deck and hidden, but RAM's location is really concerning me . Still its a nice design if RAM's location is revised. Exactly a Jr Milgem with upper platform design with Tower .

Where would you put RAM ?... I can only see the place behind the main gun & sure i'm not an expert...

Where would you put RAM ?... I can only see the place behind the main gun & sure i'm not an expert...
The proplem is there is no alternative place for RAM, modified design of Milgem ended up with a inconvenient place of RAM :)
Also no worries, STM or Armerkom none of them are design experts for ships. STM only made detail design of Milgem, detailed a conceptional design , Armerkon i havent heard of they designed something new
So when i look at this design for a while, i realized they took ıf air intake region completely, coupled helo hangar and bridge side of milgem and scaled down , put SSM into helo hangar, shift RAM back on helo deck since they wont be utilized anymore, even percentage of distance between for gun to deck remained same ,respect to LOA , oh the tower completely copy paste :)
Any way,i just criticize the design, they made a good innovation by locate SSM masked in structure and it resulted with reduction in efficiency of RAM. rest of the ship is same with milgem's curves so nothing to be praised.
Seems like this will have water jet 2 rotatable 1 thruster ,or just 2 rotatable ? but 2 of them wont provide enough trust.
One more point its about hullform, seems like this doesnt belong to that ship but still the perspective isnt enough to look over this.

İ criticize this design in this way, because i had involved in some articles to see how developed countries made their design, always held an alternative design and make new target designs to be achieved.

Also everybody knows its not logical to load many weapons on a single small platform, because it has very low survivability against damages and whole system willl be wasted when it sank.

All are my comments, regards to people designed it.

Armerkon i havent heard of they designed something new

Dude i think you know it but i want to be sure... ARMERKOM(Araştırma Merkezi Komutanlığı) is our army's institude and they designed MİLGEM...

http://www.armerk.tsk.tr/

Also i wanna add RMK's and ADİK's designs have no stealth capability...

Also everybody knows its not logical to load many weapons on a single small platform, because it has very low survivability against damages and whole system willl be wasted when it sank.

I think you are wrong because if you share out different capabilities to different platforms when you lose one of them you lose that specific capability... But if you arm a platform like this even if you lose one of them needed capabilities survives... Also you need much more ships to set up your concept so it's not economic...

it resulted with reduction in efficiency of RAM

What do you think about this kind of a solution ?.. Now i made this on paint... I raised back of ship to make RAM's angle better and i moved RAM a little bit back... Also by this way i increased useful interior area of the ship... You may laugh at this as a naval architect... I'm ok with this... :angel:

1.jpg

Last edited:
Dude i think you know it but i want to be sure... ARMERKOM(Araştırma Merkezi Komutanlığı) is our army's institude and they designed MİLGEM...

http://www.armerk.tsk.tr/

Also i wanna add RMK's and ADİK's designs have no stealth capability...

I think you are wrong because if you share out different capabilities to different platforms when you lose one of them you lose that specific capability... But if you arm a platform like this even if you lose one of them needed capabilities survives... Also you need much more ships to set up your concept so it's not economic...

What do you think about this kind of a solution ?.. Now i made this on paint... I raised back of ship to make RAM's angle better and i moved RAM a little bit back... Also by this way i increased useful interior area of the ship... You may laugh at this as a naval architect... I'm ok with this... :angel:

View attachment 33432
Let me Add this RMK's design aluminum and its more advance in stealth tech.

About design of milgem we really dishonour the real father of milgem by never mentioning his name in here , Yücel Odabaşı , he is the first person mentioned of "milli gemi" (national ship) and he showed the way 15 years ago, why it should be a corvette instead of FAC or frigate.
He was the 1st person evaulated conceptual design of milgem with geneal outlook as you see now, mentioned of RCS , thermal signature, noise signature.
He showed ways to new academicians, some of them sent to Japan, some to USA some to europe to work on corresponding studies .
So when milgem design mostly done, it was thanks to him and his students .
When milgem's structure brought to mentioned institute for solution with Finite element, it was a mess, solution couldnt done in weeks and academicians handled it and done it in some days. (even conceptual structure is given to mentioned companies or divisions by same academicians )
When it was about integrating sonar dome, was it Yonca Onuk designed it ? answer is no, they only manufactured it. There was 2 academician had knowlegde of underwater acoustics and handled it with tests in ever mentioned model basin.
When it was about thermal signature and RCS, RCS done thanks to studies with a student in Electronics department MsC thesis. Thermal signature done by academician again, done PhD on abroad.
Propeller studies again by academicians mentioned to be in same faculty with assistance of Yücel Odabaşı.

Explosion studies, the most critical of a combatant done by a private company Well known with Finite Element.

Well i cant give much details , but you can check some articled by Yücel Odabaşı .he was the 2nd men came to our naval architecture area after Ata Nutku.

About your design , it looks cool and a good solution but will make problems in maneuvering of such a fast vessel also will make lots of weight on upside , thus not usefull for stability :D but i will be honest i thought to lever up the platform :D

And about what i said with survivability, re consider price of guns on that vessel also the price of rest of the armanement, you will see what i mean .

And about what i said with survivability, re consider price of guns on that vessel also the price of rest of the armanement, you will see what i mean .

But when you share these armaments you need much more ships... When a few this kind of FAC start to attack to big ships, they will live so hard times to choose to attack which one of them and in a very short time of hard attacks that big ship will sink... But if you give different missions to the different ships you will see that when 1 ship of us sinks it's mission will fail totally and by this way whole of our ships will lose this mission capability too... But if you built our FACs in this way even if you lost 1 all missions will be continued by others... IMO It's like hyenas vs lion... (Sırtlanlar vs Aslan)

And for the rest of your post >>>

Knowledge'ım bitti... :ashamed:

:-)

Let me give you one example... Think that one of the ships of us has torpedo capability... If they sink this ship only 1 enemy sub can destroy & sink whole of our ships...

But when you share these armaments you need much more ships... When a few this kind of FAC start to attack to big ships, they will live so hard times to choose to attack which one of them and in a very short time of hard attacks that big ship will sink... But if you give different missions to the different ships you will see that when 1 ship of us sinks it's mission will fail totally and by this way whole of our ships will lose this mission capability too... But if you built our FACs in this way even if you lost 1 all missions will be continued by others... IMO It's like hyenas vs lion... (Sırtlanlar vs Aslan)

And for the rest of your post >>>

Knowledge'ım bitti... :ashamed:

:-)
İ ever mentioned about this as swarm tactic , used by some countries . but our FAC is too much armed to be boit. we can have 4+6 FAC while with cost reduction can have 20- 30 OPV or smaller FAC , i can share a document mentions about an OPV with some harpon and fore gun against some small boats using swarm tactic. or vice versa , somehow you are right too with example of sub and FAC but we know well a sub isnt easy to be sunk and hit . and its same for FAC too , a FAC cant be hit easily by a Sub, their missions are different. i will give refernce articles when i had time, nowadays busy with thesis little. :)

Back
Top Bottom