What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Guys i tried to make a nice & useful list... Hope you like it... :tup:

I think seeing all of them together makes you feel good... :super:

View attachment 33884 View attachment 33885

There are even more vessels but these make 59 new vessels... Also i couldn't wrote our assault boat's unit count coz i don't know it... There is a LCAC project but there is no action about it... It only has a title in SSM's website... There are many MRTPs, ARES vessels, SAT boats etc. too...

I wouldn't title it 'Upcoming members of Turkish navy' because some of those vessels are in Turkish Navy, but I like it, nice work.

FAC requirement is 4 + 6 optional.

I wouldn't title it 'Upcoming members of Turkish navy' because some of those vessels are in Turkish Navy, but I like it, nice work.

FAC requirement is 4 + 6 optional.

Thx, i'm glad you like it...

I titled it as 'Future Turkish Navy' first but quickly i gave up with that idea... As you know our navy is much bigger with more different kind of vessels... I decided it like that but if you have an offer i can change it at night...

Also i will edit that 4+6 FAC as 10... :D

Thx for the info...

Last edited:
Thx, i'm glad you like it...

I titled it as 'Future Turkish Navy' first but quickly i gave up with that idea... As you know our navy is much bigger with more different kind if vessels... I decided it like that but if you have an offer i can change it at night...

Also i will edit that 4+6 FAC as 10... :D

Thx for the info...

I see your predicament with that title, I would suggest making two Naval cards. One for Future Naval purchases/projects which will take 2+ years until all in service and another for current naval assets (if you're up for it).

remove
  1. New Type Patrol boat <- less than 2 years till all in service
  2. LCT <- less than 2 years till all in service
  3. Coast Guard ship <- all in service
Also include
ATR-72-600 (which will probably take another 8 years to complete)

I see your predicament with that title, I would suggest making two Naval cards. One for Future Naval purchases/projects which will take 2+ years until all in service and another for current naval assets (if you're up for it).

remove
  1. New Type Patrol boat <- less than 2 years till all in service
  2. LCT <- less than 2 years till all in service
  3. Coast Guard ship <- all in service
Also include
ATR-72-600 (which will probably take another 8 years to complete)

Thx for your attention CM... Actually i don't want to remove any projects because i want a crowded list... So i can make #3 of it maybe also #4 and i can add these LCAC, MRTPs etc... Also i can add ATR-72-600 and CN-235s too...

Also i'm thinking about a more comprehensive name... I'll find it... Maybe 'Regeneration / Regeneration Projects of Turkish Navy'... Our Navy calls it as 'Modernization' but i don't like it... I'll think about the title...

Ok, edited...

TN-1.jpg
TN-2.jpg

Those projects along with current inventory are What Russian BlackSea Fleet is worrying. No need to mention other countries who suppose themselves superior to anything...

Yeah, i know them.... grikoss... hehehe...

planes and missiles tested in air tunnels,but when the matter is supersonic speed behaviour, you have no chance to simulate it with air, so the option is going for more intense fluid, water (1000 times intense than air) . behaviour of objects in fluid compared with Reynold numbers, Speed x chracteristic length / kinematic viscosity is what means for Re, and For 40 F temperature air has K.viscosity of 1.46E-4, water has1.664E-5 ,this means you can conduct same test with 1/10 speed that needed in air tunner.
Here is referance for it , you might look that paper because its about one of the 1st Large cavitaiton tunnel in world established in David Taylor Model Basin

"Since the advent of practical high speed prime movers late in the
last century, the problems of the designer concerned with the motion of solid
bodies through water have been ever increasing whether they be with respect
to ship hulls, rotating blades, or the extreme speeds encountered with aircraftlaunched
or jet-driven ordnance bodies." Ripken J.F., Design Studies For a Closed-Jet Water Tunnel. 1951 ,University of Minnesota.

Ok it was my mistake to mention "supersonic" its just high speed ,for supersonic ones i will look some more sources.

Interesting, let me get this straight, because of the limited technology of computer during the 1950s and the advancement of avionics after the second world wars, Water tunnels was an substituted for limit Wind power tunnels for new Jet design right? Can an example of mathematics which you do in navel architecture?

Interesting, let me get this straight, because of the limited technology of computer during the 1950s and the advancement of avionics after the second world wars, Water tunnels was an substituted for limit Wind power tunnels for new Jet design right? Can an example of mathematics which you do in navel architecture?
it was due to lack of computers yes, but still air and water tunnels are widely used against computers and computer applications isnt thought to be reliable when its about high turbulent regions .
i didnt get your answer about mathematics in naval architecture but i will give a basic example;
A low speed series 60 ship sails about 12-14 knots , and to model it for a CFD and meshing with adequent mesh count, takes 3 days to solve waves around it by running 24 cores in parallel. Consider this ship is slow, and doesnt have high turbulent region as much as a combatant. if it was a combatant at extreme speed of 30 knots , so how many days it would take ? i guess much more, and so experiment is done repeatedly in 2 days with more accurate results for resistance ( or in advanced facilites to observe turbulent region too )

İ havent mentioned how much is expense of CFD codes when it comes to supercomputers to be used,also maintenance of computer, qualified employer to do mesh,required CPU time and so on,are factors to still make experiment a cheaper and more reliable way.

it was due to lack of computers yes, but still air and water tunnels are widely used against computers and computer applications isnt thought to be reliable when its about high turbulent regions .
i didnt get your answer about mathematics in naval architecture but i will give a basic example;
A low speed series 60 ship sails about 12-14 knots , and to model it for a CFD and meshing with adequent mesh count, takes 3 days to solve waves around it by running 24 cores in parallel. Consider this ship is slow, and doesnt have high turbulent region as much as a combatant. if it was a combatant at extreme speed of 30 knots , so how many days it would take ? i guess much more, and so experiment is done repeatedly in 2 days with more accurate results for resistance ( or in advanced facilites to observe turbulent region too )

İ havent mentioned how much is expense of CFD codes when it comes to supercomputers to be used,also maintenance of computer, qualified employer to do mesh,required CPU time and so on,are factors to still make experiment a cheaper and more reliable way.

Does turkey have the Industrial capacity to do things like this?

Does turkey have the Industrial capacity to do things like this?
For CFD capacity by supercomputers or model tests , industry doesnt have capacity nor knowledge (they might be doing this with workstations with basic models) . So ,its done in institutes mostly. Even well known companies uses systems in institutes.

For CFD capacity by supercomputers or model tests , industry doesnt have capacity nor knowledge (they might be doing this with workstations with basic models) . So ,its done in institutes mostly. Even well known companies uses systems in institutes.

Does your nation have those institutions?

Mate what about ANOVA ?

ANOVA MÜHENDİSLİK ve BİLGİSAYAR | Bilgisayar Destekli Mühendislik, Hesaplamalı Akışkanlar Dinamiği,
Yapısal Mekanik, Türbomakine Tasarımı, Sistem Modelleme, Yüksek Başarımlı Hesaplama
| Ansys, Flowmaster, ConseptsNREC, TSI, Ricardo

There was one in ODTU technokent. They were doing CFD simulations regarding metro tunnels. They helped us with our Final Project. That said i don't remember any supercomputers. :)

Back
Top Bottom