What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Don't forget them ospreys, me wants some ospreys.
image.jpg

Don't forget them ospreys, me wants some ospreys.
They have stupidly high maintenance costs, it became a heavy burden on USMC, I'd rather build a new heavy transport helicopter based on Sikorsky X2 technology.
X2_Pusher_Prop_2.JPG

F35B is a lame idea and won't be adopted as I've stated like a zillion times.
An F35B squadron is worth more than the Juan Carlos LHD herself, it's like walking with a "kick me" sign on your back in the closed seas, be it mediterranean, aegean or black sea. @cabatli_53 and along with many others have opposed me on this and they'll all be proven wrong in the next couple of years.

LHD Will be constructed without a ski-jump or any other arresting gear and there won't be any fixed-wing aircraft stationed on her, ever

Last edited:
1-4 Block I (Current Milgem-100m) >>> ADA CLASS CORVETTE

5-8 Block II (MİLGEM-G-110m) >>> ???

9-12 Block III (TF-100-110m+) >>> YAVUZ CLASS FRIGATE

1-4 TF-2000 (135m-140m+) >>> ???

Guys can you answer question marks ?..

1-4 Blok I (Akım Milgem-100m) >>> ADA SINIF CORVETTE

5-8 Block II (MİLGEM-G-110m) >>> Yavuz sınıfı fırkateyn 9-12 Blok III (110-120m ) >> > Gabya sınıfı 1-4 TF-2000 (135m-140m +) >>>+2 option

Raytheon to Integrate Torpedoes for Turkish Navy’s Aircraft
Posted on Jul 17th, 2014

Raytheon-to-Integrate-Torpedoes-for-Turkish-Navys-Aircraft.jpg

Raytheon Company will serve as weapons integrator for Italian aircraft manufacturer Alenia Aermacchi, providing 31 months of engineering services support for integration of MK 54 and MK 46 torpedoes onto the Alenia Aermacchi ATR-72-600ASW maritime patrol aircraft.

Raytheon received a $5.7 million contract to support Alenia Aermacchi’s test, integration and qualification for the external carriage and tactical employment of the lightweight torpedoes. Alenia Aermacchi is the prime contractor on the Meltem III contract under which it is obligated to provide ATR-72-600ASW aircraft to the Turkish Navy.

“This international partnership takes advantage of Raytheon’s deep knowledge of aircraft weapons integration, including the Raytheon-designed MK 54 and MK 46 torpedoes,” said Dr. Thomas R. Bussing, vice president of Advanced Missile Systems at Raytheon Missile Systems. “Raytheon engineers are known worldwide for their expertise and will strive to be valuable team members on this co-development effort.”

The MK 54 and MK 46 can be deployed from a surface ship, helicopter or fixed wing aircraft to track, classify and attack underwater targets. The ATR-72-600ASW is designed for patrolling, rescue, sea and coastline protection from security and environmental threats.

Press Release, July 17, 2014; Image: Alenia Aermacchi

Raytheon to Integrate Torpedoes for Turkish Navy’s Aircraft >> Naval Today

It's a good looker, Azerbaijan should buy some. :)

As far as I know, Turkmenistan ordered totally 10 Tuzla class patrol poats. They ordered two Tuzla boats in 2011, and continued additional 8 new and much better armed one. The eight new ships will be the same size as the two previous ships, but better armed.Each will be equipped with four anti-ship missiles, two remote-controlled MANPADS-sized surface-to-air missile launchers on forecastle, a 40 mm main gun on foredeck, a six-barreled anti-submarine mortar, two remote-controlled 12.7mm/two remote controlled 25 mm guns .

turkmenistanblg.jpg

Let a close sea like Caspian and threats aside, Those boats have firepower enough to deal with even Greek naval forces in Aegean If they can be operated under an advanced network.

Turkmen boats

COMAKQq.jpg

As far as I know, Turkmenistan ordered totally 10 Tuzla class patrol poats. They ordered two Tuzla boats in 2011, and continued additional 8 new and much better armed one. The eight new ships will be the same size as the two previous ships, but better armed.Each will be equipped with four anti-ship missiles, two remote-controlled MANPADS-sized surface-to-air missile launchers on forecastle, a 40 mm main gun on foredeck, a six-barreled anti-submarine mortar, two remote-controlled 12.7mm/two remote controlled 25 mm guns .

turkmenistanblg.jpg

Let a close sea like Caspian and threats aside, Those boats have firepower enough to deal with even Greek naval forces in Aegean If they can be operated under an advanced network.

Turkmen boats

COMAKQq.jpg
Do you know whether the Turkmen boats have Sonar?

Do you know whether the Turkmen boats have Sonar?

I don't know. I didn't meet any announcement from Simrad regarding additional orders. If Turkmenistan required same sonars of Turkish Navy uses, I think There would have been... Maybe They required a different sonar and wanted to be hidden from sources...

turkmenistanblg.jpg

Turkmen boats

COMAKQq.jpg
regarding the anti ship missiles , are they gonna be KH-35E?

regarding the anti ship missiles , are they gonna be KH-35E?

The type of missile Turkmenistan required are not known but Launchers on design are most probably new Teseo Otomat single box. Roketsan designed a new auxiliary propulsion system for that missiles as well.

Single and twin box side by side
image015.jpg

Is there a place where I can reach you in cabatli have questions

Back
Top Bottom