What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

It' interesting that air and water can behave same in some speeds. :)

Mate, last question... where is your actual location ? Are you working in Turkey ?
it doesnt behave same, but gives idea about pressure gradient along model, also Cd , Cf drag and some flow chracteristics. İ have seen submarines tested in air tunnels particularly, instead of water tunnel ,both has its own advantage . i think you know better since you work on CFD :).

btw , i am in turkey .

i think you know better since you work on CFD .

Nope, mate..... i used CFD in a very amateurish way in our final project in University. I forget most of the stuf about the program and fluent dynamics in general. :)

But i can follow what you are saying. :)

Turkey to expand MilGem Batch II corvette role, capability

Publication:Jane's Navy International
Author:Alex Pape, Istanbul
Last posted:2014-05-29

The Turkish Naval Forces Command is to give the MilGem Batch II corvettes an expanded role and increased combat capability.

Speaking at the MAST 2014 conference in Istanbul on 20 May, Mustafa Seker, head of naval projects at the Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat said that work on the previously planned TF-100 project for a light frigate to replace some of the older MEKO 200 frigates had been stopped as "this role will now be covered by the Batch II MilGem."

The MilGem Batch II (also known as MilGem-G) ships are now to be lengthened by around 10 m, and integrated with the Evolved SeaSparrow Missile to provide a local area air defence capability. A vertical launch system, possibly Lockheed Martin's Mk 41, and the Thales STIR 1.2 electro-optical fire-control radar are expected to be fitted. The Batch II ships will also feature further combat system upgrades. "We will have an enhanced combat management system, and additional network centric warfare capability," noted Mr Seker.

Other possible changes which have been noted previously include modification of the propulsion system with new diesel engines.

According to project management and engineering company STM, design work on the Batch II is continuing with the final configuration to be confirmed later in 2014.

"The Request for Proposal for the Batch II ships is now expected to be issued by the end of 2014," Mr Seker said.
The MilGem (drawn from the term Milli Gemi, or National Ship) project was initiated in the 1990s to cover the local design and build of up to 12 corvette to light frigate-sized warships for patrol and anti-submarine tasks. The first two 2,032 tonne full load displacement, 99 m long ships TCG Heybeliada and TCG Büyükada were completed at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard at Pendik and were commissioned in September 2011 and September 2014 respectively.

The next batch of six vessels was to be built by a private Turkish shipyard, and RMK Marine was selected in January 2013. However, negotiations were halted in mid-2013 to allow for a review of the bidding process; the tender was terminated in September 2013.

The decision was subsequently taken to build a further two vessels at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard to the same design as the first pair, and then to open a new tender for ships five to eight to be built at a private yard. Design changes had been planned but were expected to be limited in nature, with a third batch (ships 9 to 12) to feature the more extensive modifications and become known as TF-100 to replace the Yavuz-class.

This process now appears to have been brought forward, although it means an overall reduction of vessels procured unless further MilGem or alternative medium frigates are acquired in the 2020s. The realignment may also reflect the need to adequately resource the flagship TF-2000 air defence frigate project which is expected to go into Phase 1 design during 2014 following completion of a development and build strategy ahead of the construction of a prototype vessel and three series production units in the 2020s.

Thanks to orko_8

Turkey to expand MilGem Batch II corvette role, capability

Publication:Jane's Navy International
Author:Alex Pape, Istanbul
Last posted:2014-05-29

The Turkish Naval Forces Command is to give the MilGem Batch II corvettes an expanded role and increased combat capability.

Speaking at the MAST 2014 conference in Istanbul on 20 May, Mustafa Seker, head of naval projects at the Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat said that work on the previously planned TF-100 project for a light frigate to replace some of the older MEKO 200 frigates had been stopped as "this role will now be covered by the Batch II MilGem."

The MilGem Batch II (also known as MilGem-G) ships are now to be lengthened by around 10 m, and integrated with the Evolved SeaSparrow Missile to provide a local area air defence capability. A vertical launch system, possibly Lockheed Martin's Mk 41, and the Thales STIR 1.2 electro-optical fire-control radar are expected to be fitted. The Batch II ships will also feature further combat system upgrades. "We will have an enhanced combat management system, and additional network centric warfare capability," noted Mr Seker.

Other possible changes which have been noted previously include modification of the propulsion system with new diesel engines.

According to project management and engineering company STM, design work on the Batch II is continuing with the final configuration to be confirmed later in 2014.

"The Request for Proposal for the Batch II ships is now expected to be issued by the end of 2014," Mr Seker said.
The MilGem (drawn from the term Milli Gemi, or National Ship) project was initiated in the 1990s to cover the local design and build of up to 12 corvette to light frigate-sized warships for patrol and anti-submarine tasks. The first two 2,032 tonne full load displacement, 99 m long ships TCG Heybeliada and TCG Büyükada were completed at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard at Pendik and were commissioned in September 2011 and September 2014 respectively.

The next batch of six vessels was to be built by a private Turkish shipyard, and RMK Marine was selected in January 2013. However, negotiations were halted in mid-2013 to allow for a review of the bidding process; the tender was terminated in September 2013.

The decision was subsequently taken to build a further two vessels at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard to the same design as the first pair, and then to open a new tender for ships five to eight to be built at a private yard. Design changes had been planned but were expected to be limited in nature, with a third batch (ships 9 to 12) to feature the more extensive modifications and become known as TF-100 to replace the Yavuz-class.

This process now appears to have been brought forward, although it means an overall reduction of vessels procured unless further MilGem or alternative medium frigates are acquired in the 2020s. The realignment may also reflect the need to adequately resource the flagship TF-2000 air defence frigate project which is expected to go into Phase 1 design during 2014 following completion of a development and build strategy ahead of the construction of a prototype vessel and three series production units in the 2020s.

Thanks to orko_8

So does it mean TF-100 is cancelled ?..

Actually i guess corvette class milgem-5-6-7-8 cancelled and became frigate class tf100.

So does it mean TF-100 is cancelled ?..

Okay mate, let me tell you what i understood from this article:

1st batch (Ships 1-2)
2nd batch (Ships 3-4-5-6-7-8)
3rd batch (Ships 9-10-11-12)

1st batch: has been finished by Istanbul Naval Shipyard and they have commissioned

2nd batch: 3-4 numbered ships will be built by Istanbul Naval Shipyard , 5-6-7-8 numbered ships will be built by a private Turkish shipyard.

3rd batch: This article says 9-10-11-12 numbered ships will be TF-100s

Planned number of ada-class ships was 8, so we understand that TF-100 will be built on a design with the knowledge acquired from Milgem project.

Nothing gets cancelled.

1st batch (Ships 1-2)

1st batch: has been finished by Istanbul Naval Shipyard and they have commissioned

2nd batch: 3-4 numbered ships will be built by Istanbul Naval Shipyard , 5-6-7-8 numbered ships will be built by a private Turkish shipyard.

Planned number of ada-class ships was 8, so we understand that TF-100 will be built on a design with the knowledge acquired from Milgem project.

Nothing gets cancelled.

As a result there will be 2 kind of ships... 8 MİLGEM and 4 MİLGEM-G which will cover TF-100's role... Also Cabatli talked about this as MİLGEM-L...

BTW a question...

Can we put all of RAM, KORKUT CIWS & Laser CIWS on TF-2000 ?.. Is it possible ?..

:-)

AND... Yes i want all of them on TF-2000... None of them should be absent !.. :devil:

1st batch (Ships 1-2)

Nothing gets cancelled.

TF-100 project model which is planned to develop a multi-purpose frigate is converted. Instead of designing a new frigate, It will be bigger variant of current Milgem.

(1-2) Basic Milgem variant (Block-I)
(3-4) Basic Milgem Variant (Block-I)
(5-6-7-8) Milgem Block-II with MK-41 Baseline VII
(9-10-11-12) Milgem Block-III (Not only weapon, but also structure (minor changes) and proplulsion will be changed) She can be called as TF-100....

Milgem-Block-II (5-6-7-8) and Block-III (9-10-11-12) with minor changes on design. Most probably, Propulsion changes will be applied for last batch that I call as Block-III
attachment.php

Last edited:
Oh i saw this part now " with a third batch (ships 9 to 12) to feature the more extensive modifications and become known as TF-100 to replace the Yavuz-class."

It's clear now... Thx...

Do we need bigger frigates then TF-100 & TF-2000 ?.. Or with same size TF-2000 but different role like surface to surface...

The MilGem Batch II (also known as MilGem-G) ships are now to be lengthened by around 10 m, and integrated with the Evolved SeaSparrow Missile to provide a local area air defence capability. A vertical launch system, possibly Lockheed Martin's Mk 41, and the Thales STIR 1.2 electro-optical fire-control radar are expected to be fitted

LOA: 110m, Around ten meters longer than current Milgem.

403.gif
attachment.php

Can we put all of RAM, KORKUT CIWS & Laser CIWS on TF-2000 ?.. Is it possible ?..
AND... Yes i want all of them on TF-2000... None of them should be absent !..

Don't think so... I don't wanna comment on this. I'm not knowledgeable as others.
But...what about Laser CIWS ?? Are developing it ?

Back
Top Bottom