What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

1659442524585.png

First Reis class AIP submarine will enter Turkish navy inventory end of the year, the first Type 214 like Greece haved a balance problem and they had solved with ading more weight:woot:. The Turkish Typ 214 is redesigned and they have solved the problem with extending. This brought more displacement with out downgrading the preformance and more space. This version is better equipt then the Greece, the power balance of the sea was Turkish and this will stay for 50 years Turkey side.

Greece Crying didn't helped against Germany, maybe bend forward would halted the project.

Roketsan to deliver 300 Anti-Submarine Warfare Rockets in 2022

Weight (Rocket) : 35,5 kg
Weight (warhead) : 12 kg
Length (Rocket) 1,3 m
Range : 2.000 m
Depth of Detonation : 300 m

The Fire Control System utilizes the navigation and target information provided by the vessel and calculates the necessary firing data

16 TUZLA class new Patrol Boats armed with Roketsan ASW Rockets to hunt Submarines
1659941887978.png

1659941911730.png

16 TUZLA class new Patrol Boats are in service for Anti-Submarine Warfare

Displacement : 400 tons
Length : 55.75 m
Speed : 25 knots
Range : 1.000 nm

Simrad SP92 Mk II hull-mounted low frequency Sonar

1659941950796.png

Head of Defense Industry Prof. Dr. İsmail Demir announced that ESSM air defense missiles were planned to be used in the first İ-class frigate in Istanbul, but now ROKETSAN is working on the integration of Hisar-O air defense missiles. İ class frigates will use both ESSM and HISAR missiles.

FZ01F3hXkAAh3sD

1st I-class was launched over 18 months ago is it still fitting out ? or has it started the sea trials

and when is the expected launch of the 2nd unit?

hope they dont wait 15 years for the 4 Istanbul class like they did Ada Class

Head of Defense Industry Prof. Dr. İsmail Demir announced that ESSM air defense missiles were planned to be used in the first İ-class frigate in Istanbul, but now ROKETSAN is working on the integration of Hisar-O air defense missiles. İ class frigates will use both ESSM and HISAR missiles.

FZ01F3hXkAAh3sD

They will use SIPER with ESSM, 8 Siper for 70KM range and 32 ESSM will close to airspace of Greece :p:

these two +
the photo below, all three was actually taken by a friend who is a defense industry employee and an amateur photographer... But no credit for him? Shame....

View attachment 870896
These photos are truly works of art. I used the word via because the source I saw the photos did not specify the name of the photographer. You are really right and unfortunately this is a common situation in our country. Nevertheless, my apologies to the owner of the photo first and also to all readers.

USA , İtaly and the Netherlands use embargo on Turkish Frigate program

-- MK-41 VLS
-- Otomelera 76 mm Gun
-- Phalanx CIWS
-- ESSM air Defense Missile
-- SMART-SMK-II Radar

Turkish Defense Industry develops indigenous Systems to kick embargo

F-515 TCG ISTANBUL Frigate

Length : 113 m
Displacement : 3000 tons
Range : 6000 nm
Speed : 29 knots

Havelsan ADVENT Combat Management System
Aselsan HAZAR GaN based AESA Radar
Aselsan ALPER LPI Surface Radar
Aselsan AKREP (AKR-D Block B-1/2) Fire Control Radar
Aselsan Piri IRST
Aselsan FERSAH Hull Mounted Sonar
Aselsan SeaEye-AHTAPOT EO Reconnaisance and Survellience System
Aselsan ARES-2N Electronic Warfare System
Aselsan HIZIR Torpedo counter measure System
16 cells VLS ( Roketsan MDAS )

-- 1 x MKE 76 mm Gun
-- 16 x ATMACA Anti ship Missiles
-- 64 x HISAR Air Defense Missiles
-- 1 x GOKDENIZ 35 mm CIWS
-- 2 x 25 mm Aselsan STOP Machine Gun Platforms
-- 6 x ORKA Torpedos
-- 1 x ASW Helicopter

1660636419404.png

Havelsan ADVENT next generation Network Enabled Data Integrated Combat Management System for Cooperative Engagment Capability
1660636393970.png

1660636464043.jpeg

Aselsan HAZAR GaN based AESA Radar

The Electronic Counter-Countermeasure (ECCM) capability of the Smart-S MK2 Radar against modern Navy elements is thought to be weak
Therefore , the new generation AESA 3D Air Search Radar (HAZAR) designed by ASELSAN will be used on TCG ISTANBUL Frigate
1660636724228.jpeg

Aselsan ALPER LPI Surface Radar
1660637360667.jpeg

Aselsan AKREP (AKR-D Block B) Fire Control Radar
1660637412370.png

Roketsan MDAS Vertical Launching System (VLS)
1660636934947.jpeg

MKE 76 mm Naval Gun

MKE’s 76mm naval gun has a range of 16 km
Capable of shooting 80 shots per minute with 5 different shooting modes
1660637219290.jpeg

Aselsan Piri IRST
1660637498836.jpeg

Aselsan SeaEye-AHTAPOT EO Reconnaisance and Survellience System
1660637547693.jpeg

Aselsan ARES-2N Electronic Warfare System
1660637597661.jpeg

Aselsan FERSAH Hull Mounted Sonar
1660637645830.jpeg

1660637664522.jpeg

Aselsan HIZIR Torpedo counter measure System
1660637703122.jpeg

ATMACA Anti ship Missile
1660637772520.jpeg

HISAR Air Defense Missile
1660638350051.jpeg

GOKDENIZ 35 mm CIWS
1660638010877.png

Aselsan STOP 25 mm Machine Gun Platform
1660638070419.png

ORKA Torpedo
1660638113836.jpeg

Greece buys 3+1 FDI BELHARRA class Frigates

-- 1 x OTO MELARA 76 mm naval Gun
-- 2 x NEXTER 20 mm RWS
-- 32 x ASTER Air Defense Missiles
-- 21 x RAM
-- 8 x EXOCET Anti-Ship Missiles
-- 6 x MU-90 Torpedos

Turkiye produce 4 ISTIF class Frigates

-- 1 x MKE 76 mm naval Gun
-- 2 x STOP 25 mm RWS
-- 1 x GOKDENIZ 35 mm CIWS
-- 64 x HISAR/ESSM Air Defense Missiles
-- 16 x ATMACA Anti-Ship Missiles
-- 6 x ORKA Torpedos

Last edited:
These photos are truly works of art. I used the word via because the source I saw the photos did not specify the name of the photographer. You are really right and unfortunately this is a common situation in our country. Nevertheless, my apologies to the owner of the photo first and also to all readers.
The shame is not yours anyway.
Thank you for your sensibility.

why would other NATO "allies" embargo other members ?
Because some NATO allies don't act as allies and also sleep with the enemy ;) Well at least,that's how the Americans,French and Germans see it.

the first Type 214 like Greece haved a balance problem and they had solved with ading more weight:woot:. The Turkish Typ 214 is redesigned and they have solved the problem with extending. This brought more displacement with out downgrading the preformance and more space. This version is better equipt then the Greece, the power balance of the sea was Turkish and this will stay for 50 years Turkey side.
I don't know if they "added weight",but the whole deal was problematic from the beginning. However,we ended up having 4 very good submarines. Thank God!

"The Greek Papanikolis U214 class is equipped with a hoistable radar mast which does not penetrate the pressure hull of the submarine. In the top of the radar mast the radar transmitter is installed. This transmitter is part of the SPHINX Radar System supplied by Thales Defence Deutschland GmbH in Kiel. The radar sensor is a FMCW transceiver which can't be detected by ESM systems in medium terms. This technology is so called LPI radar, which means "Low probability of intercept". The transmitting power is lower than the power of a mobile phone but the resolution more precise compared to high power Pulse radar. Thales SPHINX radar is a tactical radar, designed for submarines."

Because some NATO allies don't act as allies and also sleep with the enemy ;) Well at least,that's how the Americans,French and Germans see it.

Yes some NATO allies don't act as allies

USA,France,Germany use PKK/YPG Terror organization to destroy Turkiye's territorial integrity
USA use FETO Terror organization to make military coup in Turkiye

Turkish military operations in Syria kicked USA,France,Germany who have a dirty plan to destroy Turkiye's territorial integrity

and USA,France,Germany have started arms embargo on Turkiye

but Turkiye have developed its own systems .... Turkiye becomes world power in defense industry to kick embargo

Greece's vet dreams will never come true as like 1922

Back
Top Bottom