What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

One of IDEF'17 attendees on another forum asked Roketsan official why only a quadpack launcher. Official replied that it was due to weight constraints, lesser the weight further and longer aerial platforms could fly. When asked why ground launched versions were also quadpack, official replied for commonality between platforms.
Thanks and I'm pretty sure... it's also to spare some money in manufacturing variants. since you will need a dedicated line to maintain for the 6M...
Anyway Hope w'll see one in the future...

One of IDEF'17 attendees on another forum asked Roketsan official why only a quadpack launcher. Official replied that it was due to weight constraints, lesser the weight further and longer aerial platforms could fly. When asked why ground launched versions were also quadpack, official replied for commonality between platforms.

The weight thing makes no sense to me. A Hydra 70 is not much lighter than a Cirit yet the ATAK carries 19 of them in a pod on a single hardpoint whereas only 4x Cirit can be carried on the same hardpoint if using the smart launcher.

I think Some actions regarding revealing the availability of 1000+km ballistic missile has been done. I hope SSM gave permission to do it. Muharrem ELÇi who is one of manager of Adalar Makine working for Roketsan, announced this on twitter.

A84844D8-654E-4419-84A8-AE3435D2B29B.jpeg

Last edited:
I think Some actions regarding revealing the availability of 1000+km ballistic missile has been done. I hope SSM gave permission to do it. Muharrem ELÇi who is one of manager of Adalar Makine working for Roketsan, is announced this on twitter.

View attachment 436790

Attachments

• E85B83E1-6104-44F3-BB85-B9C0F9F57400.jpeg
    E85B83E1-6104-44F3-BB85-B9C0F9F57400.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 186
The weight thing makes no sense to me. A Hydra 70 is not much lighter than a Cirit yet the ATAK carries 19 of them in a pod on a single hardpoint whereas only 4x Cirit can be carried on the same hardpoint if using the smart launcher.

Hardpoint capacity isn't the issue, ATAK can carry heavier loads.. The issue is the performance impact weight has on aircraft (esp helicopters).

This chart represents limits specific mission loadouts have on AH-64A.. I imagine T-129 has similar performance limits.
ah-64d-mission-loads+and+endurance.jpg

Also something I learned a while back, our T-129 do not use Hydra70 they use FFAR rockets. We don't have license to produce Hydra70.

I really wonder what is the ℅ that a t129 used all that 4 cirits. I dontbthink it is even 1.

Back
Top Bottom