What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Hmm. Assuming the wings are collapsible while in storage, it does indeed look about the same width as the Mk-83. So maybe it is indeed possible to fit 4 of them internally into the F-35. AFAIK, Lockheed Martin was also involved with the development of the "J" variant of SOM, so perhaps the idea was to be able to fit 4 of them all along. It'd certainly be a force multiplier for the F-35s ground-attack capabilities.

Mk-83 bombs.
090728-F-1234O-010.JPG

SOM-J
PSAD0447.jpg

There is no uch thing as "stealth" as it is. Stealth word is being used for reduced radar signature. The internal bay's purpose is reducing radar signature by keeping as much curves as possible inside of the body.

Reduced radar signature (F35) + reduced radar signature (SOM-J) will not be equal only F35's radar signature.
Soon as they open weapons bay, it is not stealth anymore. Just a reminder.

Soon as they open weapons bay, it is not stealth anymore. Just a reminder.
Long range attacking need refueling which tankers are NOT stealth, therefore stlh fighters not too far from tankers. USA just realized that issue few years ago, ( which f22 in service almost 20 years) they start converting some of the stealth bombers to tankers. Just info

Hmm. Assuming the wings are collapsible while in storage, it does indeed look about the same width as the Mk-83. So maybe it is indeed possible to fit 4 of them internally into the F-35. AFAIK, Lockheed Martin was also involved with the development of the "J" variant of SOM, so perhaps the idea was to be able to fit 4 of them all along. It'd certainly be a force multiplier for the F-35s ground-attack capabilities.

Mk-83 bombs.
090728-F-1234O-010.JPG

SOM-J
PSAD0447.jpg
If thats the case..... man thats a game changer. 4 standoff network enabled cruise missiles aboard a stealth jet. mmm :agree::agree::agree:

Turkey begins production of high-precision guided missile series (HGK)

upload_2017-11-7_16-35-54.jpeg

upload_2017-11-7_16-36-48.jpeg

Speaking at a meeting of the Planning and Budget Committee of the Turkish parliament, Minister of Science, Industry and Technology of Turkey Farouk Ouzlou discussed developments in the country's defense industries.

Turkey begins production of high-precision guided missile series (HGK)

View attachment 435606

View attachment 435607

Speaking at a meeting of the Planning and Budget Committee of the Turkish parliament, Minister of Science, Industry and Technology of Turkey Farouk Ouzlou discussed developments in the country's defense industries.

I see bombs (HGK) and no missiles.

Precision guided bombs are equivalents of missiles somehow..on some level..It enables precision strike capability in all weather conditions with long range capability..just like missiles..I think we can call it both..

It's a smart bomb, not a missile, aint called as missile. KGK has a long range capability (relative to other smart/dumb bombs), not HGK.

Bismarck finally, I agree with you.

Precision guided bombs are equivalents of missiles somehow..on some level..It enables precision strike capability in all weather conditions with long range capability..just like missiles..I think we can call it both..
No sir, bomb is a bomb. Misille is misille. If u call them smart bomb I m ok with it.

It enables precision strike capability.. call it what you want..it is a smart bomb that plays similar roles as air to ground missiles..
One has propulsion system, other one glides to target, just info thank you

The art is to penetrate the long range air defense system (S400). Above I said how we will do it. After we stimulate the systems and they give up their position. Yes it can take a while. After we penetrate that 20km (S400-400km/decoy jamming range 380km) and start jamming after we know the position of the enemy air defense system SIGINT/ELINT aircraft can be put into action in order to find every radar in USs case in 300km radius. By recognizing the specifics of the radar the ELINT aircraft can tell us if the radar is part of an air defense system. This way we can see every air defense system in a radius of 300km. After the successful jamming the jets can chose their flight plan according to where the risk is smaller. Air dominance jets will patrol in the area waiting for information for possible enemy formations from AWACS and in that time other jets can fire their cruise missiles, anti radiation missiles. If ground and navy platforms are there anti radiation suicide drones cant do a pretty good job. I think it will be a little bit expensive because in the beginning of the SEAD/DEAD operation a lot of decoys will fall down but I am sure that sooner or later they will penetrate it.
Use Taurus or SCALP before finishing the job with medium range stand off weapons.

400km range for S400? maybe it's the range of the missiles, but what about the radar? remember the earth is round.... and an AWACS is the first target every strong opponent will try to destroy, maybe on ground, just a few minutes before the war.

Mk-83 bombs.
090728-F-1234O-010.JPG

SOM-J
PSAD0447.jpg
difficult to fit a square in a circle....

Back
Top Bottom