What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

One has propulsion system, other one glides to target, just info thank you
Don't we call a glider, an airplane? Does not matter, it is what they are used for that matters.. both air to ground missiles and intelligent bombs are used against ground targets with high precision.. it is not comparable to a dumb bomb for sure so the closest is the air to ground missile..the key word here is precision strike capability.. they are called smart bombs in general..so let's keep it at that..Someone in the article called them missiles.. and I understood the meaning that I've tried to explain..

Last edited:
Yet we don't call glider as jet plane o_O Since it doesn't have jet propulsion.

Bombs are Bombs, Missiles are Missiles.

Bombs cannot be categorised as Missiles, whether guided or not.

HGK is NOT a missile, HGK is NOT a long range ammunition. KGK is long range guided bomb and it is also NOT a missile.

Yet we don't call glider as jet plane o_O Since it doesn't have jet propulsion.

Bombs are Bombs, Missiles are Missiles.

Bombs cannot be categorised as Missiles, whether guided or not.

HGK is NOT a missile, HGK is NOT a long range ammunition. KGK is long range guided bomb and it is also NOT a missile.
They are called smart bombs in general..so let's keep it at that..Someone in the article called them missiles.. and I understood the meaning that is what I've tried to explain..

BTW have heard about this missile:
AGM-123 Skipper II
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-123_Skipper_II
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-123_Skipper_II
Or the history of Smart bombs initiated by the Germans in WW2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precision-guided_munition

Last edited:
Use Taurus or SCALP before finishing the job with medium range stand off weapons.

400km range for S400? maybe it's the range of the missiles, but what about the radar? remember the earth is round.... and an AWACS is the first target every strong opponent will try to destroy, maybe on ground, just a few minutes before the war.

difficult to fit a square in a circle....
We already have pretty capable cruise missiles in the name of SOM and SOM-J. SOM is already in inventory with 250km of range and variety of warheads. Also we are developing surface based GEZGIN that is supposed to have 1000km of range in the first version. About the radar and the preventive strike on the AWACS. The radar have 600km of range. In that scenario I think we are seeing ourselves like the offensive force. Its SEAD/DEAD in order to make it possible to take control of the skies and as we know the control of the skies is one of the main and the most important things to do in a case of warfare coming in. The operating AWACS will have its supposed "bodyguards" air superiority jets. Also other jets patrooling the area in case some tangos decide to come and make problems.

Lockheed Martin promoting SOM-J to be standard missile for F-35. Raytheon and Kongsberg promoting JSM to be standard missile for F-35.
FJEYEn.jpg

Seems like Som-J's main wings are foldable vertical, instead of SOM desing where it has horizontal foldable wings.

Why it’s just a simple folding wing? They can apply double-Z-folding wing which doubles the carrying surface.
IMG_4629.JPG

Airbus displays comprehensive range of weapons for armed C295

The next weapon to undergo airborne carriage trials is planned to be Roketsan’s L-UMTAS anti-tank missile. Roketsan is also providing the Cirit laser-guided missile and Teber-82 laser bomb-guidance kit.

Dy5p4O.jpg

NorthStar Aviation is obviously a subpar contractor not being able to integrate Cirit to Bell 407 because they can't be bothered to send additional data to launch pods, which you do for all missiles that have navigation grade inertial measurement units and no GPS (Though Roketsan Pods are built with GPS on them). No big loss, Cirit is flying off the shelves Roketsan is building more assembly facilities :-)

NorthStar Aviation is obviously a subpar contractor not being able to integrate Cirit to Bell 407 because they can't be bothered to send additional data to launch pods, which you do for all missiles that have navigation grade inertial measurement units and no GPS (Though Roketsan Pods are built with GPS on them). No big loss, Cirit is flying off the shelves Roketsan is building more assembly facilities :-)
My thoughts exactly.
Even their comments show how childish they are. It is as though they didn't know that cirit required coordinates and later were too lazy to do the work.

With the small size taken by CIRIT missiles...why only a quad pad version? I'm pretty sure a 6M version is possible (2-2-2)... and it will not be a problem of space under wings either for most aircrafts... ( a 3-3 arrangement, I will understand to be problematic thou', like helis/drones)

With the small size taken by CIRIT missiles...why only a quad pad version? I'm pretty sure a 6M version is possible (2-2-2)... and it will not be a problem of space under wings either for most aircrafts... ( a 3-3 arrangement, I will understand to be problematic thou', like helis/drones)

One of IDEF'17 attendees on another forum asked Roketsan official why only a quadpack launcher. Official replied that it was due to weight constraints, lesser the weight further and longer aerial platforms could fly. When asked why ground launched versions were also quadpack, official replied for commonality between platforms.

Back
Top Bottom