What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

the problem is, S400 has capability to shoot down the carrier, before even it can lunch them..
The decoy have 500 nautical miles range and from 200 nautical miles it have jam capability for SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense). With combination of cruise missiles, anti radiation missiles and even anti radiation suicide drones the DEAD (Destruction of Enemy Air Defense) can be conducted. The S400s radar range is lets say 600km. The destruction is lets say 400km with 40N6 that I think is still not operational but even if it is. One battalion have ~12 launchers with 4 missiles each. It can take a bit of time until they run out of missiles but at the end the decoys will get in range in order to suppress the system and thats the most important part. From there stealth fighters can intervene with their payload cruise missiles/anti radiation missiles and even suicide drones or other land/sea launched systems can be taken into action. It starts when formation of decoys stimulates the air defense systems helping with finding the place to hit and classification of the targets. I think its pretty possible.

Last edited:
SOM
8NzO87.png

KGK
DyD13v.png

mJobE0.png

The Joint Strike Fighter F-35s can carry 4 pieces of SOM-J standoff(cruise) missiles in its body...,

Are they sure about this?
Probably they are also counting outside hardpoints too(not just internal bay) because as far as i know F-35's internal bay can only carry one Som-J.

The decoy have 500 nautical miles range and from 200 nautical miles it have jam capability for SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense). With combination of cruise missiles, anti radiation missiles and even anti radiation suicide drones the DEAD (Destruction of Enemy Air Defense) can be conducted. The S400s radar range is lets say 600km. The destruction is lets say 400km with 40N6 that I think is still not operational but even if it is. One battalion have ~12 launchers with 4 missiles each. It can take a bit of time until they run out of missiles but at the end the decoys will get in range in order to suppress the system and thats the most important part. From there stealth fighters can intervene with their payload cruise missiles/anti radiation missiles and even suicide drones or other land/sea launched systems can be taken into action. It starts when formation of decoys stimulates the air defense systems helping with finding the place to hit and classification of the targets. I think its pretty possible.

There are low and medium range missiles there too.. its not that easy.. they would loose lots of jet means lots of soldiers to deal with it.. they can also shot and run away as they are mobile system.. it will take those missiles to arrive an hour to the Target..

There are low and medium range missiles there too.. its not that easy.. they would loose lots of jet means lots of soldiers to deal with it.. they can also shot and run away as they are mobile system.. it will take those missiles to arrive an hour to the Target..
The art is to penetrate the long range air defense system (S400). Above I said how we will do it. After we stimulate the systems and they give up their position. Yes it can take a while. After we penetrate that 20km (S400-400km/decoy jamming range 380km) and start jamming after we know the position of the enemy air defense system SIGINT/ELINT aircraft can be put into action in order to find every radar in USs case in 300km radius. By recognizing the specifics of the radar the ELINT aircraft can tell us if the radar is part of an air defense system. This way we can see every air defense system in a radius of 300km. After the successful jamming the jets can chose their flight plan according to where the risk is smaller. Air dominance jets will patrol in the area waiting for information for possible enemy formations from AWACS and in that time other jets can fire their cruise missiles, anti radiation missiles. If ground and navy platforms are there anti radiation suicide drones cant do a pretty good job. I think it will be a little bit expensive because in the beginning of the SEAD/DEAD operation a lot of decoys will fall down but I am sure that sooner or later they will penetrate it.

The Joint Strike Fighter F-35s can carry 4 pieces of SOM-J standoff(cruise) missiles in its body...,

Are they sure about this?

If it is, it would explain why Australia after having spent so much money on development of JSM missile is very interested in SOM-J. Ability of having 4 cruise missiles or 2 cruise missile internally. I know which one I'd go for :-)

How could they fit 4 huge SOMs into F35?

What if the SOM-J was stealth , Stealth missiles under external pods could be stealth?

There is no uch thing as "stealth" as it is. Stealth word is being used for reduced radar signature. The internal bay's purpose is reducing radar signature by keeping as much curves as possible inside of the body.

Reduced radar signature (F35) + reduced radar signature (SOM-J) will not be equal only F35's radar signature.

If it is, it would explain why Australia after having spent so much money on development of JSM missile is very interested in SOM-J. Ability of having 4 cruise missiles or 2 cruise missile internally. I know which one I'd go for :-)

not possible they are the same lenght...

images

not possible they are the same lenght...

images

Same length, but what of the width ? AFAIK F-35 has enough space for 4x1000lb (Mk83) bombs for internal carriage, diameter is 35cm.
If SOM-J is around same width as Mk83, they should be able to..

latest

Same length, but what of the width ? AFAIK F-35 has enough space for 4x1000lb (Mk83) bombs for internal carriage, diameter is 35cm.
If SOM-J is around same width as Mk83, they should be able to..

latest

Sorry but F-35’s can carry 4 SDB’s which are 250lb class weapons for each bay in addition to 1 AMRAAM. SDB-1 has diameter of 7in which is 7.5in SDB-2. Bigger weapons limited to one only. The referencing weapon weight limit for A & C’s is 2000lb aka MK-84 JDAM which is 1000lb for B’s aka MK-83 JDAM
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0163.shtml

The figure that you referencing is from F-16.net and it is just brainwork of one user.

The maximum size of weapon that can be carried is the roughly the size of JSM or the already shown SOM-J models. One per bay only.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom