What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

A good evaluation of the situation mate.

To remark some points i can add that , as you said when we consider lack of backbone needed for operation of LPD's in Egyptian navy,we can say that they have a long way ahead. With a high possiblity due to manipulation of Sisi , those mistrals can be in operation and divisions in navy can be founded even before than our TCG levend is launched. But in fact, the reality will be that,they will never be maturized on operation of LPDs before than 2025-2030s, means way later than us.

When the news came out,i directly shouted out that egypt does this maneuver due to worries in region. Everyone has seen expression of israel when we got signs for LPD, and i guess they are using egypt as a buffer in the region (in sea) against Turkey.

Sadly that will be a disaster for Egypt, waste of money ,waste of energy ,waste of resources in solid and abstract way , when they struggled on using this ship as they are purposed.

When it comes to TCG levend, the project even may be late 1 year , unless as i expected, the procedure has changed to focus on intensive training of departments on design and construction of a LHD,which gives me senses of,we might go even for a 3rd and larger monster. If that was only about 2 ships ( 2nd one is confirmed as i heard) they wouldnt waste 1-2 years on training (i trust in SSM in this matter ).

On the other side,we know the fact that mistrals will be never operational as their price , as i assume if we consider that the design was special for russia ( also considering the deck loading plans prepared in their needs ) egypt can utilize these ships as if a half cost regular LPD. Can not be compared to Levend in anyway.

Still thats a good oppurtinity for them to create a marine force division,and using these ships as a training base.

I agree. But I didn't know about the training issue mate. So we can say there isn't only a second ship under the table huh?

I agree. But I didn't know about the training issue mate. So we can say there isn't only a second ship under the table huh?
That much training wouldnt be only for 2nd ship bro, or the 2nd ship might be a different one. Still i assume 2nd to be same ship,and maybe an expanded 3rd one. But still 2nd one can be expanded one if resources not enough.

Sadly that will be a disaster for Egypt, waste of money ,waste of energy ,waste of resources in solid and abstract way , when they struggled on using this ship as they are purposed.

Oh really ! Explain please except :blah:.

See all old links :

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions | Page 25

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions | Page 27

Egypt, Saudi Arabia Eye French Mistral Warships

Last edited:

good for us if they waste their money and recources and dont focus on good things that would bring them on higher ground in economy.. :)

@Neptune already explained it,and i made additions in my post. It seems like either you dont read our posts ,or just reading the conclusive sections. I suggest you to take a look again on neptune's post ,and then mine.

Anyway , Mistrals have no relation to our LHD project (anymore) and will never have. Its your 2nd time brought it to here,if you want opinions of us then just make a tag to that thread. Makes no sense to discuss in here.

Let me give you an anology to make you understand the section of my post which you quoted;

Lets think a special shoe maker, someone asks for a tailor-like made shoe with his own nailers and glues. But then he has a problem with him ,but the shoes are half made and a way is looked for sale. Then he finds you to sale,but the shoes are large for you and made of exclusive leather,and you dont even have feets to fill in. Actually you dont think of having shoes,but because the shoemaker had issue with customer and doesnt want to waste, he offers you that. In the end;

You would need to make new implant feet , then the shoes are larger ( implants will be in usual size), physically not comfortable the shoes will keep swipe, cant grip ground. until you learn how to walk with shoes, it will take long time,you ll keep falling. Not comfortable as emotional,because your feets are implant but you have expensive shoes just to show off to people and your are to step is limited.

Hope you understand this time :) previously we explained in more private way i guess.

Last edited:
We waste every year more than 8 Billion USD cause of crisis PKK, refugees and natural disasters and that for almost over 30 years. And of course corrupted govs.

@Neptune already explained it,and i made additions in my post. It seems like either you dont read our posts ,or just reading the conclusive sections. I suggest you to take a look again on neptune's post ,and then mine.

It's very strange from what I read. Neptune never said, one manner or another, something similar to this : “Sadly that will be a disaster for Egypt, waste of money ,waste of energy ,waste of resources in solid and abstract way , when they struggled on using this ship as they are purposed.”

Let me give you an anology to make you understand the section of my post which you quoted;

Lets think a special shoe maker, someone asks for a tailor-like made shoe with his own nailers and glues. But then he has a problem with him ,but the shoes are half made and a way is looked for sale. Then he finds you to sale,but the shoes are large for you and made of exclusive leather,and you dont even have feets to fill in. Actually you dont think of having shoes,but because the shoemaker had issue with customer and doesnt want to waste, he offers you that. In the end;

You would need to make new implant feet , then the shoes are larger ( implants will be in usual size), physically not comfortable the shoes will keep swipe, cant grip ground. until you learn how to walk with shoes, it will take long time,you ll keep falling. Not comfortable as emotional,because your feets are implant but you have expensive shoes just to show off to people and your are to step is limited.

Don’t worry ! The Egyptians have very very long experience of Russian equipment (Also USA, French...).

This will be for the two Mistral :

Egypt buys 50 Russian Alligator helicopters, deck-based version may be supplied

Last edited:
I think this Project is maybe costfull in the short term, but it will add Prestige and operational power among the NATO countries. We must create a new naval doctrine and fleet to Support this vessel.

New naval doctrine is already on its way.

400 tonnes AsuW Patrol Boats
600 tonnes Heavy armed Assault Boats
2300 tonnes Milgem class AsuW corvettes
3000 tonnes I class Multi- purpose frigates
7000 tonnes TF-2000 AAW frigates
1900 tonnes U-214TN submarines
1800 tonnes Milden submarines
28000 tonnes LHD + F-35B
Atmaca anti-ship cruise missiles
Gezgin LACM (1000+km)
Hisar family Surface to Air Naval Missiles
Mizrak-D family anti-boat/ship missiles
Akya Torpedoes
Sub-Atmaca missiles
IDAS sub missiles

Many of them are the flagships of new naval doctrine of TN which is going to be joined into inventory first time and enough to frighten almost all regional naval Powers to make them hide into their caves.

Back
Top Bottom