What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

Turkish technology firm boss distributes $27 million to employees after sale - BUSINESS

n_85951_1.jpg

The sale of a company is usually bad news for its employees, but that wasn’t the case for Yemeksepeti.com, the leading Turkish firm in online food ordering, as more than 100 of its employees were given bonuses totaling $27 million following the company’s sale last May for $589 million, the firm’s CEO, Nevzat Aydın, has said.

“We have shared $27 million of the money we earned with our 114 employees,” Aydın told daily Hürriyet.
Delivery Hero, the German-based online food ordering giant, acquired Yemeksepeti for $589 million on May 5.

There were emotional reactions to the decision, which meant more than $200,000 per employee, Aydın said.

“Some employees cried, some screamed, some wrote letters of thanks,” he said. “There were emotions, because you affect the lives of the people. People can buy homes, cars. They can immediately do something otherwise they could not with monthly wages of 3,000-5,000 Turkish Liras. It was a good thing; I wish we could have given them more.”

Aydın said the deal, which was the biggest acquisition of a Turkish technology firm, was the result of “patience.”

“If we had waited another year, the number would have been higher,” he said. “The $589 million paid is big, but what matters is to be able to reject offers of $300 million, $500 million, to wait for the right price. You must know to say ‘no,’ you should not be afraid. The offer came up from $3 million to $589 million in 15 years.”

Ayrdıon said Yemeksepeti.com was an example of how the right idea roots among the Turkish people, even though it is a new one.

“Many people said ‘are you crazy?’ when we started the company in 2000 with an investment of $80,000,” he said. “But when you offer the Turkish people the right product in the right way, they adapt to changes. Now we get over 100,000 orders a day and make over 3 million transactions a month.”

Respect! The owner of the company must be a German.

I heard most popular/best employers are German in Turkey? Is that true?

Respect! The owner of the company must be a German.
No, he isn't.
''Born in 1976 in İstanbul, Nevzat Aydın completed his secondary education at the Bursa Anatolian High School. Following his graduation from Boğaziçi University Department of Computer Engineering...''

I heard most popular/best employers are German in Turkey? Is that true?
First time I hear such thing.

Last edited:
No, he isn't.
''Born in 1976 in İstanbul, Nevzat Aydın completed his secondary education at the Bursa Anatolian High School. Following his graduation from Boğaziçi University Department of Computer Engineering...''

I found that information here: go2tr.de | go2tr.de

No, he isn't.

I found that information here: go2tr.de | go2tr.de

''National car brand to debut in August

The countdown for the public introduction of the car developed by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) continues, as Science, Industry and Technology Minister Fikri Işık suggested the car will debut in August.

Işık shared the latest information about the domestically produced car. He did not give a specific date for the prototypes' debut, but said it could happen before he left office, which was interpreted as the car being displayed before any change in government.

The four different models that were produced as prototypes are expected to be seen in August.

Electric cars with extended ranges and internal combustion cars with alternative engines, known as hybrids, will be tested using these prototypes. After some tests such as crash testing, difficult ground testing and suitability to seasonal conditions testing are completed, a fleet of 30 to 40 cars is aimed to be produced in 2016. One car from the first fleet will be Işık's official car.

It was also learned that the ministry would prefer "a completely electric car" not "an electric car with extended range" as the ministry's official car. After the cars are introduced in Kocaeli, a ceremony will be held for the domestically designed electric car and the first test drive is planned to be conducted at the Istanbulpark Formula 1 track.

The companies that will commercially market these cars will be determined in 2016. They will be invited to mass produce these cars after every step is completed.''
llpkpk.png

Photo: Ilustration

Last edited:
A2touch (aselsan air touch) virtual control system

The present invention relates to system (1) to give pilots opportunity to control all the functions without any body movement, by just moving their hands (101). Another object of the invention is to ease combination of the control increase by only software upgrades. The invention is also an input device for HMD systems. Because of the shielding structure, the invention can be used at military platforms with EMI/EMC compatibility.

tumblr_mvr5f47YXa1rjbtn1o2_250.gif

A2touch (aselsan air touch) virtual control system

The present invention relates to system (1) to give pilots opportunity to control all the functions without any body movement, by just moving their hands (101). Another object of the invention is to ease combination of the control increase by only software upgrades. The invention is also an input device for HMD systems. Because of the shielding structure, the invention can be used at military platforms with EMI/EMC compatibility.

tumblr_mvr5f47YXa1rjbtn1o2_250.gif

"to give pilots opportunity to control all the functions without any body movement, by just moving their hands"

Back
Top Bottom