What's new

Turkish fighter jet crashes near Syrian border, governor says

R.I.P

Off topic,
I know that Turkey builds its own F-16 ,but can Turkey sells them to other countries?

I don't think so, we don't have license to sell it, but to be sure ask other members here..

Oh! Then it must have been carried out with a US congressional approval then.

It happened at the sime time while the US was delivering F16s so must be it, I wonder if Turkey produces AIM 120 and others weapons for its F16s.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sold" is a wrong word lets say "Turkey made F-16s for Egypt with the permission of LM and US Congress".

We don't.

If Turkey can build its own Aircrafts, it certainly can deliver them to Egypt. Iraq is a potential customer for the F-16 ,but I suspect that they will strike a deal with the Turkey.

If Turkey can build its own Aircrafts, it certainly can deliver them to Egypt. Iraq is a potential customer for the F-16 ,but I suspect that they will strike a deal with the Turkey.

USA building the block 52s for us, Turkey could aswell, better for their economy and industry but relations are not that good.

USA building the block 52s for us, Turkey could aswell, better for their economy and industry but relations are not that good.

We can't because TAI already closed Block 52 production line also i believe Iraq will get Block 60s , not Block 52.

I don't think Turkey is trying to interfere in Iraq's internal issues ,but maybe Turkey feels uncomfortable with al-Maliki.
Yes, Iraq should go after the F-16 along with an air superiority one.

We can't because TAI already closed Block 52 production line also i believe Iraq will get Block 60s , not Block 52.

The deal is for 36 block 52s now, block 60s might have been requested but I don’t know the result, they deny us AIM 120..

The deal is for 36 block 52s now, block 60s might have been requested but I don’t know the result, they deny us AIM 120..

UAE paid 3billion for B-60 development.Maybe that is the reason?

But considering the F16V is now available that would not be a problem, similar to the Block 60.
Though I think we are forced to buy American weapons for some time, I would go for rafales instead of American stuff who deny us modern BVR.

Yes they did. What the UAE is trying to do is to avoid getting the same Aircraft the RSAF has. Now, they signed a deal to buy Dassult Rafael for that reason, of course both States must have talk about that b4.

Back
Top Bottom