What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

TRT World is attacking UAE day and night, i don't know why would they buy Altay from us. I hope this diplomatic pissing contest is temporary and relations will get better in time.

Should have bought large amount of Aselsan stocks 10 years ago, would have been a multi millionaire today.

Should have bought large amount of Aselsan stocks 10 years ago, would have been a multi millionaire today.
You're not too late to buy stock (not just Aselsan, btw, look at the growth rate of BIST listed companies to get a general idea: http://finans.mynet.com/borsa/hisseler/). I'm sure it'll double again and again.

For instance TAI wants to become an OEM and a top 10 company in the aerospace sector, meaning they are going for active growth. They want a turnover of 10 billion $ (currently 2 billion $). But the problem with TAI is, you can't buy stock from them as they aren't a public company.
Temel Kotil of TAI mentions this strategy in this interview:

I don't know the specifics of Aselsan's goals (if anyone has info about this, please post it here), but I'm guessing it would be similar because they are both state-run companies (same vision) and they are complementing each other in the products they develop (Aselsan provides lots of electronics to TAI for instance). Aselsan give's very low % of dividend though, if you were to be interested in that. This is my personal opinion but I probably won't buy Aselsan stock because it is a company that is working on weapons, I just don't want to be financially a part of something like that. But I do like Aselsan as a company though and enjoy reading news about them.

And if you decide to buy stock, make sure you choose a broker and make sure that the stock you buy, you actually own. Stay away from CFD (contract for difference) brokers, you don't actually own the stock and usually you have to sell the stock you buy within 2 years.

Last edited:
Germany freezes arms shipments to Turkey: Report

Germany has frozen all arms deliveries to Turkey, a newspaper reported on July 21, amid a row between the NATO partners that has sharply worsened since the arrest of several rights activists in Istanbul.

Berlin stepped up its travel advisory for Turkey on July 20 and warned it would review state guarantees for foreign investment there—measures which Ankara labelled “blackmail and threats.”

As part of a sweeping overhaul of bilateral ties, Germany is also “freezing all planned and ongoing arms deliveries to Turkey,” the top-circulation Bild newspaper reported without citing a source.

Chancellor Angela Merkel’s right-hand man, Peter Altmaier, did not confirm or deny the report in a ZDF television interview but warned that “we will at any time consider whether further measures are necessary.”

Relations between Turkey and Germany, home to three million ethnic Turks, have been badly strained, particularly after the failed coup last year.

In the months after the July 2016 coup attempt, Germany already blocked 11 separate arms export shipments to Turkey, including handguns, ammunition or weapons components, according to media reports.

Relations sharply deteriorated after a court in Istanbul ordered six rights activists to remain in custody for allegedly aiding a “terror” group on July 18, with German citizen Peter Steudtner among them.

In the war of words, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble compared Turkey with the former communist German Democratic Republic (GDR).

“Turkey is arresting people arbitrarily and not respecting even minimal consular standards. It reminds me of the way it was in the GDR. When you travelled there, you knew if something happens to you, no one can help you,” said Schaeuble.

Altmaier also confirmed that Berlin would urge Brussels to freeze 4.45 billion euros ($5.2 billion) in EU funds theoretically earmarked until the end of 2020 for Turkey, a long-term aspirant for membership to the bloc.

July/21/2017

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ge...ort-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=115776&NewsCatID=351

Germany freezes arms shipments to Turkey: Report

Germany has frozen all arms deliveries to Turkey, a newspaper reported on July 21, amid a row between the NATO partners that has sharply worsened since the arrest of several rights activists in Istanbul.

Berlin stepped up its travel advisory for Turkey on July 20 and warned it would review state guarantees for foreign investment there—measures which Ankara labelled “blackmail and threats.”

As part of a sweeping overhaul of bilateral ties, Germany is also “freezing all planned and ongoing arms deliveries to Turkey,” the top-circulation Bild newspaper reported without citing a source.

Chancellor Angela Merkel’s right-hand man, Peter Altmaier, did not confirm or deny the report in a ZDF television interview but warned that “we will at any time consider whether further measures are necessary.”

Relations between Turkey and Germany, home to three million ethnic Turks, have been badly strained, particularly after the failed coup last year.

In the months after the July 2016 coup attempt, Germany already blocked 11 separate arms export shipments to Turkey, including handguns, ammunition or weapons components, according to media reports.

Relations sharply deteriorated after a court in Istanbul ordered six rights activists to remain in custody for allegedly aiding a “terror” group on July 18, with German citizen Peter Steudtner among them.

In the war of words, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble compared Turkey with the former communist German Democratic Republic (GDR).

“Turkey is arresting people arbitrarily and not respecting even minimal consular standards. It reminds me of the way it was in the GDR. When you travelled there, you knew if something happens to you, no one can help you,” said Schaeuble.

Altmaier also confirmed that Berlin would urge Brussels to freeze 4.45 billion euros ($5.2 billion) in EU funds theoretically earmarked until the end of 2020 for Turkey, a long-term aspirant for membership to the bloc.

July/21/2017

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ge...ort-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=115776&NewsCatID=351
Good. Now our arms industry will develop more!

Let's see what happens with U214..

I will tell you what will happen. Turkey will threaten to open the borders towards Europe, Greece will shit its pants and so will the other countries, they will be outraged at germany whose politicians will talk of supporting the decision in hopes of getting votes for the election in the coming months. After that germany will silently sell turkey what they want and beginning sucking Turkey off again. People act like Turkey needs Germany more than the other way. Europe needs Turkey much more than anybody can imagine. Without Turkey Europe would be in chaos at the moment. Without the work of Turkish Intelligence there would have been dozens of attacks in germany and france, but they will never tell you that cause how can the third world country that is Turkey according to german media be so needed for germany who is a worldpower. Look at Rheinmetall, they want to do buisness with Turkey and our firms because they know the potential we have and what we can achieve in the coming years. Germany is playing its last dying card it has which it wont after 5 years.

Also there were already talks with the ukraine to replace the german engines in T-155 with their own engines which work just as well. Wouldn't suprise me if our defence industrie had already planned for this.

Last edited:
I will tell you what will happen. Turkey will threaten to open the borders towards Europe, Greece will shit its pants and so will the other countries, they will be outraged at germany whose politicians will talk of supporting the decision in hopes of getting votes for the election in the coming months. After that germany will silently sell turkey what they want and beginning sucking Turkey off again. People act like Turkey needs Germany more than the other way. Europe needs Turkey much more than anybody can imagine. Without Turkey Europe would be in chaos at the moment. Without the work of Turkish Intelligence there would have been dozens of attacks in germany and france, but they will never tell you that cause how can the third world country that is Turkey according to german media be so needed for germany who is a worldpower. Look at Rheinmetall, they want to do buisness with Turkey and our firms because they know the potential we have and what we can achieve in the coming years. Germany is playing its last dying card it has which it wont after 5 years.

Also there were already talks with the ukraine to replace the german engines in T-155 with their own engines which work just as well. Wouldn't suprise me if our defence industrie had already planned for this.

All the countries on the so called balkan route have closed their borders previously, it will only be possible for refugees to pass through the Agean and than be stuck in Greece. Of course that means that thousands will lose their lifes while doing so.

But my point is, I doubt that Germany is scared of that. Not many will reach Germany anyway, with so many anti refugee countries all around its Greece really that will suffer not Germany.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom