What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Ummana satiyoruz da, Katara girdiyimiz zaman da o rezil araclarla diyil de sunlarla girseydik olmazmiydi acaba?

I wish we would have those vehicles while our guys were entering Qatar.

Incompetence. Simply put. We still use ACVs and M113 for our IFVs and APCs. While other countries buy the highly advanced equipment from our own companies. The only thing that has to be replaced on the PARS is the turret which is outdated and even there we have many advanced option to choose from. But noo lets send our troops in a PR move to Qatar with cold war equipment guys. Whoever decided that needs to be fired.

Oman receives the first batch of PARS III 8×8 armoured fighting vehicles

FNSS has delivered the first Pars III 8x8 IFVs to Oman. (FNSS)
The Omani Ministry of Defence (MoD) has received the first batch of PARS III 8×8 armoured fighting vehicles (AFV) developed by Turkish armoured vehicle manufacturer FNSS Savunma.

According to FNSS Savunma’s delivery announcement (via Twitter), Oman has 172 PARS III AFV on order.

The IFV variant is fitted with FNSS’s one-man Sabre turret armed with a stabilised 25 mm ATK Bushmaster dual-feed cannon and 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun integrated with a laser rangefinder and fire control system.

The PARS III was primarily designed for the export market. The launch customer was Malaysia, which has 247 AFVs on order from FNSS, which is co-producing the PARS III with the Malaysian company DRB-Hicom Defence Technologies (Deftech).

http://defence-blog.com/army/oman-r...-pars-iii-8x8-armoured-fighting-vehicles.html

IMG_4187.JPG

Delivery of one set of Helicopter EW Self Protection System (HEWS) has been completed and the platform integration and test activities have been carried out within the scope of the contract signed with the customer in Latin America.

Chili?

Man those Pars sure look good, wish we had them as well :(

probably perform better than BTR-80s though, if they are still in service.

Seems like BTR-80s have been phased out of service in favor of MRAPS. 6x6 tender is still active, my fav would be FNSS IZCI - but let's see what BMC and others come out with..

Arent they Stanag Protection Level 3?

Level 5 front, Level 4 sides and rear

Seems like BTR-80s have been phased out of service in favor of MRAPS. 6x6 tender is still active, my fav would be FNSS IZCI - but let's see what BMC and others come out with..

Did FNSS offer Pars 6x6 as well? And did Otokar offer Arma 6x6?

BTRs still get used here & there at local karakols for perimeter security I think? Dunno man, I think they might offer better mobility and perhaps more protection vs atgms considering armor might be better?

Pars and Arma, both are tested. For this purpose dozent vehicles are purchased.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom