What's new

Turkish Armed Forces Multimedia Center

Maroon Berets Special Forces.

x1pxzZ39wV--_cBApW2REl71z0IeIAuomcIqS44scMl_ubDisxOxYAPmd_0DFDV7uenvN9ajxRWOmvk4yvsE_hqoX96AvzQmSgriJafXQjf_CbZaGzyVyhxAmBhDgWhDu0OnNqxL5KJnG4

x1pxzZ39wV--_cBApW2REl711gOG-Q1h68d07bJO0p84-lldQ2LeRrdN7kd7XraZKpKEgpGJp9wXSOoWvqw7R6j2wFMNvQF7fMNgtu3OpS2iCwotpuU4FTXTxWEgz4WL-Fd_tQHKQNnZu4

x1pxzZ39wV--_cBApW2REl715oRD3hyiYLsKEZLqtKEHvnG-2NEqcHeIhvu6UFwvJVC4fjSsKE71BAE6ToX-HUEzVZ7aYRYTIrXxQEaOTMMzO25P_5-cAD0p8kYjizcwhtAPBs51QPf4jw

x1pxzZ39wV--_cBApW2REl7191Vhk2Ps15khaAC2cBFDXWoHWnFIqXVFnZEHrugkNg542_CsQwljeV1dgDhWp63ugTqUT-JBw4X9IGhgAMjhw6on7J8fZiyEaQ8rlIZEFG6WdfduQnGITg

x1pxzZ39wV--_cBApW2REl7157lnM7JfRXqbMZ2k9lXYJ2nnWPHLwagFlhbn8vlodOQlsI-LN_3QIpVcuwqQc21j2KxjBgMaRciguMiiaPeF-5aHm7Q2PjkJseKpsekFHulrsjwSUHuqZI

x1pxzZ39wV--_cBApW2REl71xxPjBSspUo3_-FD0rSnxq_XMPuqyWcIwgr6ci9EQAIFPPWRE2ALrjFEd4DZOnlwvuJ1QkZPGVvnipTWAb8trJzPiZc227qLUcPXFmfJz71qQkxdwJzp2tQ

Looking at these pictures, I feel that Turkey can contribute more positively to Afghanistan in the form of troops and should be involved deeper because of its more "neutral" approach as compared directly to the United States. I say this not because of doubting American capability but instead Turkey's relative familiarity of Afghan social environment as well as now being aware of the combat vicinity.

Turkish troops seem well trained and well aware of the combat theatre (I don't know how familiar they are in mountain warfare, since Afghanistan has a lot of mountain ranges and hilly locations).

Would like to hear a Turkish member's opinion on this. Thanks in advance.

Looking at these pictures, I feel that Turkey can contribute more positively to Afghanistan in the form of troops and should be involved deeper because of its more "neutral" approach as compared directly to the United States. I say this not because of doubting American capability but instead Turkey's relative familiarity of Afghan social environment as well as now being aware of the combat vicinity.

Turkish troops seem well trained and well aware of the combat theatre (I don't know how familiar they are in mountain warfare, since Afghanistan has a lot of mountain ranges and hilly locations).

Would like to hear a Turkish member's opinion on this. Thanks in advance.

As far as deeper involvement we have said before that if the U.S. wants more troops or combat troops from Turkey we have to have more support against our war with the PKK from them.

On the issue of mountainous warfare turkish troops are extremely familiar with mountain warfare. We have schools for Gendarmerie mountain commandos. Plus we fight the PKK in northern Iraq which is a extremely mountainous regions. As you can tell from a lot of the pictures in this thread it is not only mountainous but below freezing. Also very remote.

We are currently in charge of the Kabul command and have 1,800 troops deployed for the rotation commands.I think our contributions are fine from a non combat role. The turkish government has police schools in Afghanistan and trains hundreds to thousands of Afghan Police. We have also donated a number of artillery pieces to their army. Also we have a large number of construction teams helping with the rebuild. Also training schools to help farmers grow their crops.

Back
Top Bottom