What's new

Turkish Air Force (HVKK)

So, i take it the complication in re to Turkish A-400's have been resolved?

Found a nice pic btw:

attachment.php

@Combat-Master
due to recent events I couldn't give it much thought.

With the retirement of C160s, the paratroopers are probably going to get C130s. Due to A400Ms being very few, I think they'll be used more for strategic cargo.

it's a pity... C160s could make very effective heavy gunships if they weren't so old.

@Combat-Master
due to recent events I couldn't give it much thought.

With the retirement of C160s, the paratroopers are probably going to get C130s. Due to A400Ms being very few, I think they'll be used more for strategic cargo.

it's a pity... C160s could make very effective heavy gunships if they weren't so old.

So what happens to C-160s that were modified for Electronic Warfare? AFAIK that was the only aircraft to have long range capabilities in EW.

So what happens to C-160s that were modified for Electronic Warfare? AFAIK that was the only aircraft to have long range capabilities in EW.
Due to old age and high flight hours structures of these aircraft are fatigued badly there's a good change there are microfractrues on some of the surfaces.

Entire wings may have to change to make any upgrade feasible and C160's production line was closed a long time ago.
What can be done is that we cannibalize some of the youngest, with least flight hours of the fleet and put them together. I've heard that there are ways to relieve fatigue to stop crack propagation in aircraft they will often times drill out a hole at the propagating end of the crack. This reduces stress concentration.

It's very difficult to salvage these. I'm surprised we didn't have any accidents with these old planes so far. These are not as reliable as 4-engined C130s

Transport Bomber Concept for TurAF

foas5.jpg

B-747cruise1.jpg

FOAS.jpg

Turkey plan to develo Cruise Missiles with a Range up to 1500 KM and 2500 KM Range, but TurAF lack on proper launching Platforms. Using A-400M or C-130 as Cruise Missile Carries allows TurAF to Project Power to south Asia or to southern Europe in order to Protect our Area of Influence !

I was reading a few articles on SEAD...anyway as we all know mainly our 151. fleet is responsible for SEAD missions and AGM 88D HARM is SEAD-specific munition we have but sure Harpy, AGM142 Popeye, AGM 84 Slam-er, SOM, LGB. HGK, KGK, AGM-65 Maverick or a cluster bombs can do the job as well however what I am interested is our HARM s. just having a radar warner is enough to use our HARM missiles in basic modes i.e lock on after firing and self protection modes. But for a more efective usage HTS i.e AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System is prefrable if not required since it enables the pilot to pinpoint the location and identify the hostile radar. (coordinates of the target is available to all friendly forces via link 16) Then pilot is just firing HARM to a predetermined target location with (20' CEP). why HTS is so curical because it assists in targeting GPS based weapons on hostile radars not just the AGM 88 HARM but PGM s as well. In the case of AGM 88D block VI and this is the version that we have in our inventory, GPS navigation is increasing the accuracy even after the hostile radar switch off.

anyway there has been some discussions on whether we have AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System or not.... after a quick search I found out some foreign sources saying HTS is in our inventory... can anyone here confirm this info or seen or have a picture of one of our Falcons with HTS
@cabatli_53
@Combat-Master

Last edited:
If there were any pictures you would have seen them by now, we know CCIP program included HTS-e (export version) but whether that option was included in final deal :yu:..

Aselsan MOD 5/6 IFF system
Img24-77.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom