What's new

Turkish Air Force (HVKK)

is it possible to build the A400-M to somthing like a gunship? would be nice to have something with more firepower against Terrorists.. even it could drop some really big bombs..

I know turkey wont do this but its possible or not for turkey?
Why would we do that,we have enough fire power.
But anything is possible.

is it possible to build the A400-M to somthing like a gunship? would be nice to have something with more firepower against Terrorists.. even it could drop some really big bombs..

A400-Ms can be used as a gunship according to Airbus.

"Transport and surveillance aircraft are constantly being developed for new missions and modified when required. Airbus Military works with customers to devise safe and practical designs for their requirements. The best-in-class interior designs and flexible handling qualities of the medium transport CN235 and C295 family and A400M make them excellent platforms for innovation."

Airbus Military | Missions

There were some rumours about making a gunship from our C-130s but i don't know if the project started or not.
C-130'lar 'Gun Ship' olacak!

So we can say it's possible for Turkey.

A400-Ms can be used as a gunship according to Airbus.

"Transport and surveillance aircraft are constantly being developed for new missions and modified when required. Airbus Military works with customers to devise safe and practical designs for their requirements. The best-in-class interior designs and flexible handling qualities of the medium transport CN235 and C295 family and A400M make them excellent platforms for innovation."

Airbus Military | Missions

There were some rumours about making a gunship from our C-130s but i don't know if the project started or not.

So we can say it's possible for Turkey.

Gunship's in these size (C-130) make sence if you have air sovereignty. Otherwise it is a big target for AA gun or RPG's. C-130 is too huge and too slow, to be an effective Gunshipin my opinion.

Gunship's in these size (C-130) make sence if you have air sovereignty. Otherwise it is a big target for AA gun or RPG's. C-130 is too huge and too slow, to be an effective Gunshipin my opinion.

I don't think you can hit a Gunship with a rpg... stinger would make sense though.
Other than that, i too think that these Gunships can be used effectively on PKK.

@LegionnairE what's your opinion mate ?

Why would we do that,we have enough fire power.
But anything is possible.

because of its fire power in one plane! imagine a flying 105 mm gun :)

yes yes yes :cheesy:
MC-27J-_1.jpg

Gunship is too much so not useful for a few 10s of terrorists... It's something like you are fighting against enemy with your sword in a place which has hight up to your shoulders... Also Gunship isn't suitable for the mountains in SE... T-129 & HÜRKUŞ-C with it's missiles & gun will do the best... Also HÜRKUŞ's maneuverability is far better then Gunship...

Gunship is too much so not useful for a few 10s of terrorists... Also Gunship isn't suitable for the mountains in SE... T-129 & HÜRKUŞ-C with it's missiles & gun will do the best... Also HÜRKUŞ's maneuverability is far better then Gunship...

A group of 10 terrorists won't pose a threat to our remote bases. But they came in numbers of 200-300 their numbers swell even to 600s....

You maybe right about operating in mountanious regions though we need to know from which altitude Gunship can engage the enemy. If you can engage over 2.5-3 km than that will be no problem.

Hürkuş can do strafing runs. Where as a Gunship can circle above the target for hours. Raining hell over the target. Also it has much more punch than Hürkuş.

If a gunship must be using, their is nothing like A-10.

A group of 10 terrorists won't pose a threat to our remote bases. But they came in numbers of 200-300 their numbers swell even to 600s....

You maybe right about operating in mountanious regions though we need to know from which altitude Gunship can engage the enemy. If you can engage over 2.5-3 km than that will be no problem.

Hürkuş can do strafing runs. Where as a Gunship can circle above the target for hours. Raining hell over the target. Also it has much more punch than Hürkuş.

Sometimes they come with hundresds but they are moving like a rope... Also Gunship will not be able to find enough angle for this very detailed operation... Even 2-3 km altitude will not be enough also at these altitudes our guys will not be able to make accurate shots, also we are talking about unguided weapons... Also there are very interesting and safe ways of terrorists, caves, mountain shapes which doesn't allow us to see them by looking from air... Also i repeat, Gunship will not be able to have suitable angle...

Çok ince işçilik gerektiren bir durum bu... This a very detailed job... T-129s and when needed HÜRKUŞ-Cs will be so good, i think... T-129s can stay in the air many hours too, another advantage of T-129 is it can make maneuvers as a reply to terrorists' moves in a very very short time when it's compared to a Gunship...

Think that terrorists are using the way spotted with red... They move like a rope... It is really hard target for Gunship...

D-1.JPG

But does it mean i don't want a Gunship ?.. Hell, no... I want it too...

:guns:

It would be so good if we have a full scale war or against terrorist @ south of our country... Landforms of these places really suitable for a Gunship...

So as revojam said we will have 2 of these... Good news... :enjoy:

But our guys should hurry up for them because of the problems in syria & iraq...

anything is possible..................

Sometimes they come with hundresds but they are moving like a rope... Also Gunship will not be able to find enough angle for this very detailed operation...
Okay let's start. I'm not talking about hitting them while they were on move. ANKA's can effectively search and destroy their line formations. I'm talking about CAS mission when terrorists hits a base when they are static.

Engaging a static target is no problem for a gunship.

Even 2-3 km altitude will not be enough also at these altitudes our guys will not be able to make accurate shots, also we are talking about unguided weapons...
If you have any info about operation altitude to back your claims please share it.

Also there are very interesting and safe ways of terrorists, caves, mountain shapes which doesn't allow us to see them by looking from air... Also i repeat, Gunship will not be able to have suitable angle...
My first, sentence in this thread is also an answer to this one.

Çok ince işçilik gerektiren bir durum bu... This a very detailed job... T-129s and when needed HÜRKUŞ-Cs will be so good, i think... T-129s can stay in the air many hours too, another advantage of T-129 is it can make maneuvers as a reply to terrorists' moves in a very very short time when it's compared to a Gunship...
They have difrent roles, i still don't understand how you can compare an attack helikopter with a gunship. Totally different armaments, and suitable for different operations.

Deleted the rest as you were repeating....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom