What's new

Turkish Air Force (HVKK)

@Sinan

Being static or dynamic is a matter of 1 sec. for terrorists... But Gunship will take-off and will reach to that area & these atitudes & will detect and will start shooting, this is a very long story... Also steep & shapeless mountains will not allow suitable shooting angle for Gunship... First Gunship will lose a big angle because of the top of mountains and then it will lose some more angle because of shapeless moutain structures so much so that gun barrel will not be able to see the target... 0(zero) view angle...

They have difrent roles, i still don't understand how you can compare an attack helikopter with a gunship. Totally different armaments, and suitable for different operations

I'm not comparing them... I say the same thing with you "They have different roles"... But i add Gunship is not suitable for pkk terrorists in south east...

And i repeat...

T-129s can stay in the air many hours too, another advantage of T-129 is it can make maneuvers as a reply to terrorists' moves in a very very short time when it's compared to a Gunship...

Those lands are really hard & that's why TSK wanted T-129 with it's special specs...

Also I advice you to read this real story... You will like it and you will see that those mountains are damn hard conditions...

Out of discussion this real story is damn good... I hope they will make a movie of it after some time(fuk saving private ryan)...

Don't miss this story & other guys you too... It's a bit long but sure worth it...

Maybe there are some of us read it already...

PDF...

http://www.*************/?vtlnqwqx3utunb1

Anyways all my words are these about the subject...

@Sinan

Being static or dynamic is a matter of 1 sec. for terrorists... But Gunship will take-off and will reach to that area & these atitudes & will detect and will start shooting, this is a very long story... Also steep & shapeless mountains will not allow suitable shooting angle for Gunship... First Gunship will lose a big angle because of the top of mountains and then it will lose some more angle because of shapeless moutain structures so much so that gun barrel will not be able to see the target... 0(zero) view angle...

I'm not comparing them... I say the same thing with you "They have different roles"... But i add Gunship is not suitable for pkk terrorists in south east...

And i repeat...
Those lands are really hard & that's why TSK wanted T-129 with it's special specs...

Also I advice you to read this real story... You will like it and you will see that those mountains are damn hard conditions...

Out of discussion this real story is damn good... I hope they will make a movie of it after some time(fuk saving private ryan)...

Don't miss this story & other guys you too... It's a bit long but sure worth it...

Maybe there are some of us read it already...

PDF...

http://www.*************/?vtlnqwqx3utunb1

Anyways all my words are these about the subject...

I'm gonna edit this post later.

You have point that the region is mountanious. Pamukoğlu describes the area as "Gökten devasa boyutlarda binlerce iğne düşmüş gibi".

But i still believe that we can use gunship especially in the base attacks. I will put some videos later for making a point. :)

Commander of TurAF made refueling with F-16.... I don't know world but it's happening in Türkiye for the first time...

Orgeneral Akın Öztürk KC-135R tanker uçağı ile yakıt ikmali yaptı

1404227049129.jpg

1404227062104.jpg

1404227074079.jpg

1404227088672.jpg

1404227103906.jpg

1404227114666.jpg

1404227128057.jpg

1404227139598.jpg

hey what will happen to our F16 when tfx and f35 will come? will they sell them?

hey what will happen to our F16 when tfx and f35 will come? will they sell them?
If TFX project ever succed it will take 2030+ for mass production and by that time F-16s will start to fill their lifetime thus getting retired.In fact main objective of TF-X project is to create a multi-role fighter jet to replace F-16s in our invetory in future.

Last edited:
@rvojam will turkey pursue TFX program as america is not in the favour and threatening it will kick out turkey from JSF program

@rvojam will turkey pursue TFX program as america is not in the favour and threatening it will kick out turkey from JSF program
You cant just kick out a contract partner only because he also has other projects running, if so then US would also have to kick itself out :lol: are we living in wild west or what?

can u plz put some light or give evidence for the talks of engine

This year, SSM wrote to three engine makers — GE, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce — asking them to propose a suitable engine for the TF-X.

“We expect to select an engine before the end of the year,” the SSM official said. “That will pave the way for the first phase of development.”

On June 6, Pratt & Whitney inaugurated at a high profile ceremony its Turkish partnership with local aviation company Kale to produce critical engine parts for the F-35.

Kale Pratt & Whitney, the joint venture, will manufacture the parts of the F-135, the engine for the F-35, at the plant in Izmir on Turkey’s Aegean coast.

Pratt & Whitney has a 51 percent share in the joint venture while the Turkish company holds the remaining 49 percent, company officials said.

The $75 million investment will employ an initial 700 workers.

Turkey Looks To Have Dual Fighter Fleet by 2023 | Defense News | defensenews.com

It seems like you have heard or read an article.... which i remember about.

In that article, Americans were advicing us to buy more F-35 instead of making TF-X. There is no such thing as US will kick us out of the program.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom