What's new

Turkish Air Force (HVKK)

hmm would us sell us f15? in these times I think it is possible because they have f22 abd f15 is an old plane and the russian thread is there.. so some 20 or better 30 f15 would be great for us until we have tfx

We need to built an Infrastructure for Training and Maintinance for F-15, for F-16 it allready exist !​

We need to built an Infrastructure for Training and Maintinance for F-15, for F-16 it allready exist !​

Accommodation training is not the problem. You will need enough spares and maintenance capabilities. Ground logistics.
There are some alternatives, I would choose a BVR capable air superiority fighter.

Maybe it is possible that US can sell or grant us F-15 C from Air National Guard.
Gripen has also BVR and multi engagement capacity. We could discuss with Sweden, we have already good relations.

After I made a research I found out that surplus F-16s and Eurofighters were sold short time ago to Gulf States from Europe,

Accommodation training is not the problem. You will need enough spares and maintenance capabilities. Ground logistics.
There are some alternatives, I would choose a BVR capable air superiority fighter.

Maybe it is possible that US can sell or grant us F-15 C from Air National Guard.
Gripen has also BVR and multi engagement capacity. We could discuss with Sweden, we have already good relations.

After I made a research I found out that surplus F-16s and Eurofighters were sold short time ago to Gulf States from Europe,

From Alternatives I prefer F-15C at most, because of it's great Range which is important by an enemy like Russia with a great strategic Depth and it's also Capable of multiple Target Engagements.

No surplus Eurofighter was sold,only brand new ones,and at an exorbitant price.I still laugh my *** off.....9 billion $ for 28 jets,LOL

Better to say Near East and Gulf. There are also surplus offers to Bulgaria, to make their Forces fully NATO capable.

We should not pick up single words.
The unit price of a Typhoon is 85 Million Euro. 30 x 85 = 2,38 Billion Euro and not 9 Billion USD

Better to say Near East and Gulf. There are also surplus offers to Bulgaria, to make their Forces fully NATO capable.

We should not pick up single words.
The unit price of a Typhoon is 85 Million Euro. 30 x 85 = 2,38 Billion Euro and not 9 Billion USD

That's just fly away cost.The Kuweit contract says 8 billion euros (8.8-9 billion $) for 28 jets(ofcourse +training,weapons,spare parts,but it's still enormous).

Even for SH ones you just have to double the price of the jet to have an overall picture of the costs.

That's just fly away cost.The Kuweit contract says 8 billion euros (8.8-9 billion $) for 28 jets(ofcourse +training,weapons,spare parts,but it's still enormous).

Even for SH ones you just have to double the price of the jet to have an overall picture of the costs.

Guess it is the double price, maybe cause of spares and lot of meteors and simulators,
the price would exceed even F-22 price. Not trustworthy for me

http://self.gutenberg.org/articles/eurofighter_typhoon

@BordoEnes

that's probably not such a big deal since F15 would come with GE F110 engines and those spare parts would be shared with F16 ...But we still don't have any pilots trained on F15, no ground crew ever serviced the plane... nothing

so yeah, forget about F15....

actually forget about any plane
with F16, F35 and TFX we'll have 3 types of fighter aircraft with 3 types of engines in our inventory, F110, F135, EJ200 there's NO WAY TURAF would accept a fourth type of aircraft

@flamer84 EF was never an option for Turkey and to be honest I'd cancel the TFX project if it was up to me too...
EJ200 offers nothing that F135 doesn't

The whole TFX project is a wankery... what does it do that F35 doesn't?? nothing
we can't even sell it to our ailles such as Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan because it has EJ200 engines.

It's a fools errand.

Last edited:
that's probably not such a big deal since F15 would come with GE F110 engines and those spare parts would be shared with F16 ...But we still don't have any pilots trained on F15, no ground crew ever serviced the plane... nothing

with F16, F35 and TFX we'll have 3 types of fighter aircraft with 3 types of engines in our inventory, F110, F135, EJ200 there's NO WAY TURAF would accept a fourth type of aircraft

@flamer84 EF was never an option for Turkey and to be honest I'd cancel the TFX project if it was up to me too...

The whole TFX project is a wankery... what does it do that F35 doesn't?? nothing
we can't even sell it to our ailles such as Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan because it has EJ200 engines.

It's a fools errand.

I don't want to be pessimistical but i've always thought they'll end scrapping the project in the end.It's a huge waste of resources and frankly i don't even know if they can pull it off.Just look at the F35 ,Typhoon,Rafale projects......20 years of work and tens of billions spent....and these are not the first fighter jets for those nations.

It's a fools errand.
May be you cannot offer it to Azerbaijan in the beginning, but until you will procure 150 for Turkey within ten years, or some others for Arabic countries(Kuwait and Saudi Arabia currently use Eurofighter with EJ200 engine), Turkey has plan to have local Turbofan engine in 20 years.. TFX is a very important project... Turkey will have a lot of soft and hard power around the globe thanks to this project... Think about Russia now, They can mass produce their jets, even though its old technology, there is a lot of demand from all around the world.. it is thought to serve for decades, dont be narrow minded.. f16 was introduced in 1978, but as we noticed recently that even after 30 years, its enough powerful to show the teeth.. and its gonna be more and more with AESA radar in near future... Turkey can sell it to Indonezia and Malesia, As those countries wouldnt like to choose either CHinese or US technologies.. I cant wait to have Turkish submarine... That will also be a good deal.

Last edited:

It's a fools errand.

I thought TFX will replace F-16 fleet?

Back
Top Bottom