What's new

Turkish Air Force (HVKK)

I thought TFX will replace F-16 fleet?
We can't really give up on F16... we have so much experience in it our pilots can fly it in their sleep. :lol:
and we've got source codes for it too, we can modernise it further if we want

I expect it to serve well into 2030s.... 2040s even
I don't want to be pessimistical but i've always thought they'll end scrapping the project in the end.It's a huge waste of resources and frankly i don't even know if they can pull it off.Just look at the F35 ,Typhoon,Rafale projects......20 years of work and tens of billions spent....and these are not the first fighter jets for those nations.
TURAF doesn't need it, they'll get F35
and we can't export it with foreign engines either

frankly even if it didn't cost tens of billions to develop, it'd still be a pointless exercise

Last edited:
We can't really give up on F16... we have so much experience in it our pilots can fly it in their sleep. :lol:
and we've got source codes for it too, we can modernise it further if we want

I expect it to serve well into 2030s.... 2040s even
By that time TFX will be ready... hopefully. :D

so yeah, forget about F15....

I would take them and grant my grandmothers gold at least. We are last minute TURKS. We also had an offer for A-10 gunship. Now US use it against IS. Up to date doesn't mean deadly effective !

By that time national engines could be ready... and we could design the aircraft around them.
Forget the engine i will be happy if there is an TFX prototype by that time, some people think you can do it just by deciding to do it but designing and building a 5th gen Fighter is master league, espacially if you never built a jet.

Forget the engine i will be happy if there is an TFX prototype by that time, some people think you can do it just by deciding to do it but designing and building a 5th gen Fighter is master league, espacially if you never built a jet.
and what would we do with that prototye?... it's going to be just another F35
what purpose does that serve?

and what would we do with that prototye?... it's going to be just another F35
what purpose does that serve?
DGzSZ8h.png

Jokes aside, its twin engine as far as we seen so it might be a air superiority fighter while F-35 is multi role, and since we wont get F-22...

DGzSZ8h.png

Jokes aside, its twin engine as far as we seen so it might be a air superiority fighter while F-35 is multi role, and since we wont get F-22...
dude.... twin EJ200s have about the same thrust as a single F135 on F35... it's a small engine

we've talked about this many times before.

Back
Top Bottom