What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

S500 is more for ballistic missile engaging above the atmosphere 50km plus. Expensive will it be to, so stick to 400.
Yes. Well I'm thinking we might have to deal with the US someday, so anything that deals with ballistic missiles, hypersonic missiles, cruise missiles, stealth aircraft, satellites and early warning aircraft as well as their navy is good for me.

They are a very difficult country to deal with even for Russia, China, Germany.. we have to think and imagine toe to toe with them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Except they don't have an engine for stealth solution yet apparently. China maybe?

Rolls Royce would've been good but the UK is a staunch US ally so I wouldn't trust their delivery in case of US sanctions.
China also currently doesn’t have full stealth engine same situation as russia only us has real stealth engine
If uk wants to (smoothly) develop its 6th fighter they will need turkish cooperation of course i am not saying that they cannot do it without turkey but they will have to spend much more than expected

China also currently doesn’t have full stealth engine same situation as russia only us has real stealth engine
If uk wants to (smoothly) develop its 6th fighter they will need turkish cooperation of course i am not saying that they cannot do it without turkey but they will have to spend much more than expected

UK-US alliance isn't a "strategic partnership" like US-Turkey alliance. They have a strong bond. US-UK are actually friend nations, much more so than UK-Turkey. UK navy is the only navy in the world that carry US-made Trident nuclear missiles, no other country is given those. Of course the UK will do business with Turkey and it could be a smart business for them but when sh*t hits the fan, UK will stand by the US.

Also when it comes to technology transfer, it's in the discretion of the private company (Rolls Royce, Raytheon, Boeing, etc) to decide whether they want to give away the technology they've spent so much money on R&D to develop to a 3rd party or country, but their countries (US, UK) can ban such transfer to another country.

In other words, when Turkey wants technology transfer for Patriots, it's Raytheon, not the US government to negotiate about it. The US gov't can't transfer that technology. But US congress can ban Raytheon to do such business with Turkey or x country.

Last edited:
Turkey accused Russia of fraud, discloses fatal flaws in Russian-made S-400 SAM system calling it a “chimney”: https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2...in-russian-made-s-400-surface-to-air-missile/
Not surprised but f-35 can be failed plane too if US decides they control everything remotely and can see every statistic from the plane since now americans support terrorism against turkey I don’t think they are better than russians(both can “trick” turkey always) what turkey needs to do is to get northern syria after that it should be expected that US-Turkey relations can be repaired can you tell me why US won’t give patriot TOT to the second largest NATO member probably the most important geopolitical NATO member as well??

Turkey accused Russia of fraud, discloses fatal flaws in Russian-made S-400 SAM system calling it a “chimney”: https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2...in-russian-made-s-400-surface-to-air-missile/

Very very interesting article that dispels many of the myths of the performance of the S400 system. Basically a lowlevel missile is enough to catch the S400 system off guard and take it out. PAF needs to get developed or procure something like the ADM-160 MALD is enough to take care of the S400 system.

Back
Top Bottom