What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

No idea. Maybe Turkey are not only looking to buy Russian and Nato systems as stopgap measures, but also to take from them any useful radar and missile technology.

and what is with s400 ?

S-400 be "loaned". We will cooperate with France & Italy and build our own Long Range Air Defence System and will replace the S-400 with them. According to Minister Isik the three countries will also cooperate on other military defence projects.

France & Italy were already working together on their own Defence System called SAMP/T.

Why the sudden change i though Europeans werent giving ToT?

For me it's not a sudden change at all. Since the very beginning of this debate it was obvious that the French
-Italian consortium is more likely to share technology. They offered the best deal among all Western companies in the past. Only the Chinese offered more ToT and a cheaper price back than.

For me it's not a sudden change at all. Since the very beginning of this debate it was obvious that the French-Italian consortium is more likely to share technology. They offered the best deal among all Western companies in the past. Only the Chinese offered more ToT and a cheaper price back than.

In the French side, the real obstacle was the Christian Centre-right politics (Nicolas Sarkozy), Anti-Turkey.

This obstacle started to be lifted under the presidency of Holland and will continue without a doubt under that President of Macron. Both more realistic, less dogmatic.

Moreover, if this is done, they (French-Italian) will benefit very widely with a third country to finance the project to ‘Aster Block 2 Ballistic Missile Defence (exo-atmospheric capability)’.

Back
Top Bottom