What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Sorry mate but many news in Turkish and most of them in my opinion are important. It shouldn't be a problem to use google translate if you interested in a particular post. For me to translate everything almost impossible. But will try add one sentence in English where possible.

Turkey asked for a credit from Russia to procure S-400 air defense systems.
Some information agencies also say that it is not only S-400s on the table.

S400 Agreement Done TR-RU..Confirmed Already.Well Done

Defense Minister Fikri Işık said that There is progress in the talks, but we have not reached 'the point of signing' yet.

Last edited:
Ther will be some people talking about we can't use it on NORAD and other Nato radars, fak it then we don't use it:-).

Nothing against the system, but how can you make a deal with the Russians while the Russians still have sanctions on Turkish products?

Nothing against the system, but how can you make a deal with the Russians while the Russians still have sanctions on Turkish products?

Because we're cornered and are making strange moves.

We can get European/American system, I bet especially Europe would love a billion dollar deal right now but we wont commit because they don't give us (enough) technical know-how or quality stuff.

We then agree with the Chinese, realize they also aren't giving much and see headaches with integrating the system so we cancel the deal, kind of pissing of them off (probably).

And now we go and flirt with the Russians fully knowing they won't give us top of the line assets...

At this point I don't even care anymore, I just want a system to be present just in case Scuds start flying since we don't have anything to stop those. And maybe in 5 years we'll see Hisar and then in 10-15 years the long range version.

Maybe some people think hey it's also about air assets (Greece etc) but don't they realize that Greece has S-300 and that Russia can easily give out secrets to help them in case of war? Like French during Falklands wars.

Back
Top Bottom