What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Causalities by rounds are more expensive.
Indeed 20mm AP rounds arent expensive .
In video Phalanx shooting maximum 100-200 rounds which total cost 1000-2000dollars.

Our Korkut's one 3P round must be ten times expensive than 20mm AP , however it wont be nearly as expensive as a surface to Air missile.

In video Phalanx shooting maximum 100-200 rounds which total cost 1000-2000dollars.

Our Korkut's one 3P round must be ten times expensive than 20mm AP , however it wont be nearly as expensive as a surface to Air missile.

But you need to less round than 20 mm for shot one target due for parm.

But you need to less round than 20 mm for shot one target due for parm.
Absolutely you are right. hundred round of 20mm cal might be equal to 10 round of korkuts 35mm cal .
AFAIK Phalanx which has 2000 rounds is capable for 10 engagement so the gun uses nearly 200 rounds for one engagement.
Also 35mm millenium gun has 250 rounds for 10 engagement whereas our Korkut uses two 35mm cannon.
So as you said 20mm cal 200 rounds against 35mmcal 20 rounds.
I dont know how many rounds korkut has.

Calculate how much costs damage on buildings, infrastructure or human life.

are you sure, when you have no money anymore how are you going to finance the war?

An example. An 100$ round is going to hit a $200.000 house with human inside. The ammunitions (one salve) you have to engage the round,cost 5000$. Would you fire on the round? And dont say, I would develop 4000$ (cheaper) ammunitions.

An example. An 100$ round is going to hit a $200.000 house with human inside. The ammunitions (one salve) you have to engage the round,cost 5000$. Would you fire on the round? And dont say, I would develop 4000$ (cheaper) ammunitions.
It depends on who is inside the house:P
30 years ago , when Helicopter support urged in antiterrorism operations, our officers used to say" Turkish mothers can give birth of Mehmets but they cant give birth of Skorksy helicopters"

What kind comparision are you talking about, a 20mm round cost? 40 dollar and that CIWS used 3000 rounds. 120000 dollar for 1 projectile:-)? War is expensive, try to maintain it.:p:

Than you have more stupid officers than I thought, but it explains the situation inside the TAF and relatin to civil society very much. Even there is no human inside the house. The reparation of damage will cost more than 5000$.
Stupid officers should be in Germany while they can not make their assets combat ready

İf we have a capability to guide a amraams from awacs like last su-24 shot down and also helicopters can have launch sidewinder (ah-1z viper) why not we will deploy to amraam's and Sidewinders to Anka-s or aksungur.

Bae hawk and harriers has use to be amraam (they are subsonic) . What's the minimmum speed for launching amraam ?

We can be send ucavs with amraams to tripoli A e7-t awacs can controlable 4-5 of them for launching aa missile this su-24 .

Also we must work on saab erieye like mini awacss for controling and guide ucavs. Aselsan can be done radar of this; Only four awacs doesnt enough for us.

Erieye-AEWC.jpg

Than you have more stupid officers than I thought, but it explains the situation inside the TAF and relatin to civil society very much. Even there is no human inside the house. The reparation of damage will cost more than 5000$.
I don't think they are as stupid as you can calculate. Skorsky saves more lives than a soldier could save .

What kind comparision are you talking about, a 20mm round cost? 40 dollar and that CIWS used 3000 rounds. 120000 dollar for 1 projectile:-)? War is expensive, try to maintain it.:p:

Just an example. The object is, how much would cost the damage which round impacts cause, and how much money will you spend, to counter them. Thats it.

Stupid officers should be in Germany while they can not make their assets combat ready

Than turkish officers are smart, because they know, turkish life doesnt count. Better?
Btw, its not stupid, right know, we dont have enemies. We spend the money for more mportant things.

I don't think they are as stupid as you can calculate. Skorsky saves more lives than a soldier could save .

Are you trying to calculate a helicopter against a (turkish) life? Even you do, how much is a turk worth?

I am seriously getting tired of some rhetoric here. I know, a certain drone producer loves to market their products like it can launch X or it can launch Y but that doesn't mean these "ideas" are supported with a serious CONOPS analysis. Not to mention that there is no UCAVs in THvKK inventory able to carry AMRAAMs. (also they would need a pod for establishing datalink, which is probably as heavy as the missile itself but don't get me started on that)

Now countries like US, Israel and China; are very experienced in drone design yet we fail to see any of these countries trying to conduct CAP missions with UCAVs. These are not some megasonic wunderwaffe, they are glorified RC planes with satellite communications (some of them doesn't even have that capability). You need fighters and fighters only for that kind of missions. The real threat to Turkish Air Defense is not lack of missiles or missile batteries or SPAAGs or anything else; the real threat is F-16s are getting old as fudge and we don't have a replacement as of now, and it seems like we won't be having new planes in the foreseeable future either. The funny thing is that our purchase of a certain missile system was supposed to be for protecting Turkish skies, yet now we see how it doomed us in that particular area.

Just looking at Libya makes me terrified of how we are not able to reach there even with tanker aircraft support. I am also meticulously angry how we can send our troops so carelessly to places we can't reach properly. What would happen if our soldiers deployed in Qatar gets hit. Can we reach there? Can we reach Libya with what we have? You know how stupid this thing turn out to be when all of these questions can be answered with, we could've done all of these, if only we had F-35A/B.

Just an example. The object is, how much would cost the damage which round impacts cause, and how much money will you spend, to counter them. Thats it.

Than turkish officers are smart, because they know, turkish life doesnt count. Better?
Btw, its not stupid, right know, we dont have enemies. We spend the money for more mportant things.

Are you trying to calculate a helicopter against a (turkish) life? Even you do, how much is a turk worth?
how doctors pick patients up in emergency amid covid 19 epidemic? They just try to save more lives.
One more time , a skorsky saves more lives than a soldier could !

how doctors pick patients up in emergency amid covid 19 epidemic? They just try to save more lives.
One more time , a skorsky saves more lives than a soldier could !

Can you really compare both situation? We dont talk about 2 kind of helis.

Back
Top Bottom