What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

IMG_5262.JPG

Canikli said HISAR-U will be around 70-90 km ranged air defence missile and that work will continue to develop longer ranged air defence missiles.
This mean Göktuğ variant will be use in Hisar U, so it may not too long to develop from hisar O.

This mean Göktuğ variant will be use in Hisar U, so it may not too long to develop from hisar O.

I don't think so, I believe it's just continuation of the HISAR series of Surface-to-Air missiles. So something like HISAR-O with increased length for increased fuel or an added booster stage.

Official 3D render of HISAR-O with RF Seeker
guzelik (1).png

guzelik-(2).jpg

Last edited:
I don't think so, I believe it's just continuation of the HISAR series of Surface-to-Air missiles. So something like HISAR-O with increased length for increased fuel or an added booster stage.

Official 3D render of HISAR-O with RF Seeker
View attachment 480663
View attachment 480664

Hisar missile originally had 15 km range. It is nearly impossible to modify to reach range of 90 km. While Göktuğ BVR missile should at least have 50-60 km range. It makes much more sense to add booster to BVR missile.

Hisar missile originally had 15 km range. It is nearly impossible to modify to reach range of 90 km. While Göktuğ BVR missile should at least have 50-60 km range. It makes much more sense to add booster to BVR missile.

Doesn't matter what range HISAR had originally, look at the evolution of the Standard-Missile or ASTER surface to air missiles to get an understanding of how ranges are extended in decades old missiles. Goktug is an air-to-air missile, it has specific weight requirements. A Surface-to-Air missile has less stringent parameters to meet, also a surface-to-air missile has to be launched from zero-zero (speed-altitude) conditions as such has to have much more powerful longer burning rocket engines.

But doesn't that mean that increasing the range of the current Hisar (15 km) with it's current design is not possible ? changing the engine alone can't possibly yield a result that reaches 90 km ?

But doesn't that mean that increasing the range of the current Hisar (15 km) with it's current design is not possible ? changing the engine alone can't possibly yield a result that reaches 90 km ?

Won't be long till we see mock-ups of HISAR-U as HISAR-O development finalizes, so we'll see soon enough.

guzelik (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom