What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Then enchange Turkmenistan's alphabet fitting for Turkmens of Iran, be a hero of your people ! :D
i ill try one day :D

Its the same word, just different prononciation :)
yes you right but here yekelemek is more strong than turkey :enjoy: it have othe meaning yes but all related to each other here my example

bir gun sene yekelarim ! it's same as saying bir gun sene sikistrarim

other example

atatwolf melem sinan melem kaan targone yekeledila :undecided:

ohh i just forgot you cant use yekelemek if you are one person against one other you must at least be two person against one otherwise you must use sikishtirmak but know this sikishtirmak is much stronger than yekelemek

Last edited:
Same here, Yakalamak can be used in different meanings, for example

"Seni bir yakalarsam" "If I catch you" but in a threatining tone, like "Seni bir yakalarsam ağzına sıçacam" :D

Same here, Yakalamak can be used in different meanings, for example

"Seni bir yakalarsam" "If I catch you" but in a threatining tone, like "Seni bir yakalarsam ağzına sıçacam" :D
yea i fully understand you :sarcastic: but we have ittle bit differences here "Seni bir yakalarsam" it's not popular here we say "sene bir tutsam" here my example sene bir tutsam aghzine burniqe (burnune) ghara ghana yovarim :enjoy:

btw today my mother cooking un ash im going to take a pic and put it here :cheers:

Yeah put it, I love food more then anything :D
it's one of the best turkmen foods yet didn't get famous like chekdirme you cant find anything about it in any website i heavily advise you to cook it when the weather is cold or you have rainy day you can also use little bit Lemon juice or bitter orange juice to make it more Delicious :devil:

@ghara ghan
"sene bir tutsam aghzine burniqe (burnune) ghara ghana yovarim"
For some reason that made me really laugh.

How do the verb endings work in Turkmen?
In Turkish we have for example 'gitmek', 'icmek' and 'yapmak', 'yazmak' depending on the vowels.
I will try a guess, 'yovarim' -> 'yovarmak'? :)

Btw the Yeke/yek word with the meaning of single, one is Persian, like Yek vücut(one body).

The "Yeke" example I gave, in the meaning of "Large/Great" has nothing to do with "Yek" word in Persian (one). As for the Kyrgyz "Ceke", maybe @telkon can explain its etymology. 1: Its the actual "Yeke" word but received a different meaning over time, and is just a word coincidence, 2: Its from Persian "Yek".

Last edited:
@ghara ghan
"sene bir tutsam aghzine burniqe (burnune) ghara ghana yovarim"
For some reason that made me really laugh.

How do the verb endings work in Turkmen?
In Turkish we have for example 'gitmek', 'icmek' and 'yapmak', 'yazmak' depending on the vowels.
I will try a guess, 'yovarim' -> 'yovarmak'? :)

Yovmak. Yovarim is perfect/ continuous tense.

now here is the un ash i promise to targon

Photo0446.jpg

Looks great :D looks similar to some of our soups, these kind of soups are my favourites :D

Send our greetings from Turkey to your mother :D *Do you kiss hands of the elders like we do ?
well we have cheeks kissing here :D we should start to kiss their hands :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom