What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

We kiss the hand of elder then put it on our forehead, then they kiss us in both cheeks :) at eid/bayram they were giving money when I was young, now I got bigger only grandparents still give money :D

@ghara ghan
"sene bir tutsam aghzine burniqe (burnune) ghara ghana yovarim"

How do the verb endings work in Turkmen?
In Turkish we have for example 'gitmek', 'icmek' and 'yapmak', 'yazmak' depending on the vowels.
I will try a guess, 'yovarim' -> 'yovarmak'? :)
well writing a grammar for us will be very difficult or idk how to write turkmen correctly lets say it's works this way
yovarim -> youmak

For some reason that made me really laugh.
ohh see this one than aghzine burniqa tikarim !:omghaha:

answer me honestly are you understanding the things im writing ? :raise:

they were giving money when I was young, now I got bigger only grandparents still give money :D
same here but today it is i who giving the money to child member of our family :sarcastic:and they call me as dede :wub:

O get it :D its not present in Standart Turkish, but its present in some dialects, for example my grandma would say like "Ellerini yun/yuv" , "yüzünü yun/yuv."

that word is pain in my A$$ it's normal cuz i dont know how to write it u should hear my voice to got it ! how do you say i washed dirty dishes i say it this way

men kir tavaghlari yovdim/youdim

I am anatolian Turkmen and we use that word

çamaşırları yudun mu ? did you wash clothes ?

O get it :D its not present in Standart Turkish, but its present in some dialects, for example my grandma would say like "Ellerini yun/yuv" , "yüzünü yun/yuv."
now your talking to my language :yay:

you see it's not difficult to understand each other :cheers:

ohh see this one than aghzine burniqa tikarim !:omghaha:
answer me honestly are you understanding the things im writing ?

to say that i literally understand what you write is not always possible because Turkmen maybe have different interpretation of the words, but for example if i read 'aghzine burniqa tikarim', i would understand in English as 'i will put in/stuff your mouth and nose'...something dirty comes to my mind lol. is this what you meant?

Last edited:
GokturkTurgisheasternTurktribesman.jpg
khirgizk305rg305zandkim.jpg

to say that i literally understand what you write is not always possible because Turkmen maybe have different interpretation of the words, but for example if i read 'aghzine burniqa tikarim', i would understand in English as 'i will put in/stuff your mouth and nose'...something dirty comes to my mind lol. is this what you meant?
:-)dude you didn't read the E in the end of aghzine and you didn't read the A in burniqa this is why you didn't get it . it means
" i ill put your mouth into your nose which refer to the strong super punch which going to do that ! we also use to say
" aghzine burnige bir ederim " but using tikmak is stronger :omghaha::nhl_checking:

We also use "Yumaq" verb (yudum/yudun/yudu, yuyuram/yuyursan/yuyur, yuyaram/yuyarsan/yuyar). And "Yuyunmaq", which is the equivelant of "Yıkanmak".
dude you must be more active here :-) you write something that i couldn't ty and yes some in turkmen "Yuyunmaq" i should go to azerbijan to learn my language :yahoo:

Last edited:
The "Yeke" example I gave, in the meaning of "Large/Great" has nothing to do with "Yek" word in Persian (one). As for the Kyrgyz "Ceke", maybe @telkon can explain its etymology. 1: Its the actual "Yeke" word but received a different meaning over time, and is just a word coincidence, 2: Its from Persian "Yek".

ceke has nothing to do with persian "yek" :) southerners around fergana valley say yek as persian "yek" for one. its mere uzbek and tajik influence. and if we used it, it would be "cek" or something shorter, not ceke. . "ceke" isn't numeral, i.e. one apple, man etc. it's more like being in the state of oneness, unification. turkish "tek, teklik" may be the most close in meaning. IMHO mongol word yeke is used to denote the union of all mongol tribes as one. and i'm still combing through clauson's and budagov's dictionaries. it looks like it'll take forever :D 3500 chaotic pages of arabic and old russian :hitwall:

@Kaan where did you find those pictures? i have some in same format, but wasn't able to locate the source of these drawings.

Back
Top Bottom