What's new

Turkey’s integration ‘EU’s last hope for the future’ legal expert claims

And I don't think Turks would want to join EU. They want all the "good" parts (Trade deals, NATO protection, Visa Free travel, ease of investments to/from Europe and so on)---but they don't want to share the pain (foreign cultures/people in your lands, low-skilled East Europeans in your markets and so on)...

Why would East Europeans work in Turkish markets ? All Eastern Euro states(bar Romania/Bulgaria who are at Turkey's level) have higher wages,higher GDP per capita than Turkey.Even Romania will surpass Turkey by 2020 according to the IMF and current growth figures.

Basically,if Turkey would be admitted in 2020,it would be the EU's poorest member according to the GDP per capita,and that with an 80 million population.I don't know if you noticed but Turkey's economy started to look a little tired and 4+% growth isn't happenning anymore,.The EU simply won't do that.

Leaving aside religious/political matters,the Westerners were outraged about 20 million Romanians,7 million Bulgarians admitted in the EU,they sure won't be happy about 80 million Turks with about the same level in GDP per capita.

Last edited:
Stop acting like a child and write an actual response to my points (if you are capable of doing).
we are nato dumass I already said that :D what better response do you want?
google what NATO is and which countries are a part of it.

and Turkish growth is slowing down.. at some point we'll start to shrink aswell
Dont take him seriously. Not worth your time
oh Bite me
like all of your posts are great contributions to the forum

don't get me started
Why would East Europeans work in Turkish markets ? All Eastern Euro states(bar Romania/Bulgaria who are at Turkey's level) have higher wages,higher GDP per capita than Turkey.Even Romania will surpass Turkey by 2020 according to the IMF and current growth figures.

Basically,if Turkey would be admitted in 2020,it would be the EU's poorest member according to the GDP per capita,and that with an 80 million population.I don't know if you noticed but Turkey's economy started to look a little tired and 4+% growth isn't happenning anymore,.The EU simply won't do that.

Leaving aside religious/political matters,the Westerners were outraged about 20 million Romanians,7 million Bulgarians admitted in the EU,they sure won't be happy about 80 million Turks with about the same level in GDP per capita.
Exactly man. That's what I wanted to say
@AUz no offense but you don't seem to know the geopolitics of this part of the world

that being said, I think Turkey has a lot of untapped potential.
If we could get rid of the political corruption and put some people with a vision in the cabinet we could double that per capita in a decade or so.

Turkey isn't as bad as Greece... they are completely reliant on tourism. Thanks to erdogan we've become reliant on construction aswell. But we have a significant industry too.

We could be a locomotive of the EU along with Germany instead of being "the load" let me put it that way

Last edited:

Please don't compare Bulgaria, Romania (our former lands) and other failed Balkan states with Turkey. None of the Balkan states have higher GDP per capita than Turkey, even though you guys are admitted into the EU and get tons of money.

''

Search for "romanian street children" on youtube, Romania is REALLY POOR!

Please don't compare Bulgaria, Romania (our former lands) and other failed Balkan states with Turkey. None of the Balkan states have higher GDP per capita than Turkey, even though you guys are admitted into the EU and get tons of money.

LOL,you were in the Western camp for 45 years while we destroyed our economy with communism.

Your words are empty ,according to GDP per capita Romania is at Turkey's level and will surpass it by 1.5k-2k per capita by 2020.That's the IMF outlook saying it ,not me.Deal with it.

they don't get "tons of" money. EU isn't a charity organization.

and are we seriously urine racing with Romania here?
I think he knows his country and point he made is still valid
Yeah like we don't have the same thing.
Take a walk in aksaray sometime

''

Yep,just like Turkey in GDP per capita,with the difference that we were a commie shithole for 45 years while you were in the Western camp.

And,just like Turkey,Romania has problems with endemic corruption which annoys Westerners.,hence they won't admit 4xRomania in the EU pretty soon.

If you raise a point based on statistics you get the children in here with their youtube videos.

If you raise a point based on statistics you get the children in here with their youtube videos.
Well, to be honest youtube videos matter. But only thing it proves is that you have a shitty social justice system. It's not relevant to our topic.

The fact is.. If I was a romanian looking for work abroad.. I'd pick a country like UK which has a 4 times higher minimum wage than Turkey. Our monthly minimum wage is UK's weekly minimum wage :D

Turkey isn't going to get more immigrants by joining EU. And we've already got half of Syria here :D It's a non sequitur

All I see in Aksaray are the russian girls.

The only people that look poor to me in Aksaray is black immigrants. Maybe you mean syrian street kids?

There are Turks too.. you don't look closely

Hmmm poor them, doesn't government do anything to help the kids?

When I look at those videos of romanian street chidlren there are too many of them and no one cares.

I looked at youtube and I can't find any videos of turkish street children in istanbul just this syrian children:

Found this very interesting they had done a social experiment to see how people react to beggars in US and in Turkey =

Note the 2 turkish girls trying to take home the good looking guy beggar AHAHAHAH koptum ya

Last edited:
LOL,you were in the Western camp for 45 years while we destroyed our economy with communism.

Your words are empty ,according to GDP per capita Romania is at Turkey's level and will surpass it by 1.5k-2k per capita by 2020.That's the IMF outlook saying it ,not me.Deal with it.
We have been in the Western camp for decades with incompetent governments, so it really did not matter whether we are in one camp or another, as long as we have endemic problems of shortsighted politicians who are purely self interested and think in short term gains for their immediate sorroundings for a few years they hold office. Things had begun changing in the 90s, i don't think Romania has the potential or capacity to exceed the GDP per capita of Turkey by 2k in the future. Turkey has a dynamic younger population, there is much more bigger projects going on in Turkey, in a few years Turkey will be only third in the world in terms of Fast Train tracks, and number one in Europe, right now it is number 2. World's biggest airport, new collosal bridges, enourmous tunnels that connect Asia and Europe, power plants that will diminish reliance on energy import and much more. How can Romania or any country in the EU for that matter compete with this magnitude of development? Granted security i'm confident Turkey will exceed GDP growth rate of European countries.

According to Greece EU is a charity organization

@Ceri you seriously think those construction projects are going to have any impact on GDP? :D

So in your mind there are millions of investors who want to invest in Turkey but they can't get here because we don't have the biggest airport in the world? :D

maaan :D this is arab thinking
let's build the biggest buildings and shit's going to take care of iteself
but nothing changes of course they remain hugely reliant on petrol revenues

and we're just expanding the city horizontally and fvcking up the environment for no bloody reason whatsoever. We could build UP just like the new york city and it'd save a lot of forests.
We could have things like this:
central-park_836231.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom