What's new

Turkey's Altay MBT project hit by engine technology transfer issues

turkey and pakistan should make a consortium for development of new systems invite saudi arabia and other muslim countries to it.it will creat wonders if done properly

Dont worry they will be bitter again, trump will abandon europe to expansionist turkey and russia, mark my words this is coming in the next 20 yrs, turkey already has the capability to run over most of little european states except france or germany maybe...
Maybe. i wouldn't bet my house on it though.
It's better we work on native technology, so I am pleased about this news.

A reduction of 100-200 HP will only degrade performance to certain point won't impact bottom line
During a close battle , the Tanks are normally moving at modest pace / speed

Mobility perhaps? which could be crucial for a tank weighing 65 tonnes? @500

Pakistan was not going to buy Altay anyway. 65 Tonnes tank isn't suitable for Pakistani roads & bridges, otherwise we could have easily bought Abrams in Zia tenure. Pakistan would only be interested in sub-systems used in Altay.

Seems like fate that both Turkey / Pakistan on certain aspects on door steps of joint research on a unified Tank Engine platform , the sub systems and other items I think Pakistan already has developed great collaboration with friendly nations.

Seems reasonable

• Joint research on Tank Engine
  • Joint research & Development on 5th Generation craft

In term of mobility , I think sure the weight difference will make tremendous diffence in Max speed however I am certain the Tank will still be able to perform and move at perhaps slightly lower speeds, but that is where new research has to come to increase peformance of the Engine

But having an engine Available is certainly a priority

Tank design otherwise looks quite loveley
altay.jpg

Last edited:
Turkey has two official domestic engine and transmission project officially supported by SSM funds. 1500hp powerpack project goes to Tümosan and 800hp powerpack project for light tank/ifv project goes to BMC defence. Turkey has reached knowledge enough to design and develop almost all type land vehicles but it is engines that remained to complete the puzzle. Engine is a national ambitious issue so those projects will be finalized sooner or later.

Besides, Austrian companies do not have a 1500hp tank engine to license to begin with!

Tumosan was searching a development partner and was negotiating with Austrian engine design company AVL, but due to Austrian governmental decisions the AVL company was forced to put contractual restrictions, which ofcourse is declined by Turkey. So Tumosan cancelled the partnership.

Currently Tumosan is in talks with Ricardo PLC (British company)

http://www.ricardo.com/
@Nutuk

images

Turkey has two official domestic engine and transmission project officially supported by SSM funds. 1500hp powerpack project goes to Tümosan and 800hp powerpack project for light tank/ifv project goes to BMC defence. Turkey has reached knowledge enough to design and develop almost all type land vehicles but it is engines that remained to complete the puzzle. Engine is a national ambitious issue so those projects will be finalized sooner or later.

Besides, Austrian companies do not have a 1500hp tank engine to license to begin with!

Tumosan was searching a development partner and was negotiating with Austrian engine design company AVL, but due to Austrian governmental decisions the AVL company was forced to put contractual restrictions, which ofcourse is declined by Turkey. So Tumosan cancelled the partnership.

@Nutuk

images

I have a feeling that the Brits will jump right in. In fact, my argument is that after Brexit, UK will once again expand as much as it could and wants Turkey as her primary parter in ME. UK-Turkey relations are probably the most stable relationship we have in foreign policy since 1923, yet being the old foes.

But the thing with them is that nowadays, they approach only as much as you do by all means. Perhaps something that the Americans could learn.

o_O :cheesy: :omghaha::omghaha:
I just can say IDIOTS and EU lovers.. they would sell their mothers out to EU such freaks..

Someones writes this and you are able to talk about tanks engines and ignore the insult. I dont understand you, dont we have a moderator on this forum? Remove this!

Someones writes this and you are able to talk about tanks engines and ignore the insult. I dont understand you, dont we have a moderator on this forum? Remove this!

nah I think you can ignore the fact that we have many sellouts in turkey.. I may just hurt some of them wich you may like.. even if someone would delete my opinions I would not stop to talk about my opinions..

nah I think you can ignore the fact that we have many sellouts in turkey.. I may just hurt some of them wich you may like.. even if someone would delete my opinions I would not stop to talk about my opinions..
You don't like EU/Germans yet you live there. Do you hate your parents, assuming they took you there/brought you up there. ?

Talking my own opinions about you would make me banned from this forum. Use your imagination.

Mobility perhaps? which could be crucial for a tank weighing 65 tonnes? @500
Additional horse powers if always very nice thing to have, but not critical. Driving 1500 hp Merkava Mk4 compare to 900 hp Magah is like sport car compare to family car.

@Nutuk

images

Another TOT project?

When will they learn that the only way turkey will get an engine is if you guys develop it 100% domestically? This project will, yet again, face delays and eventually get cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom