What's new

Turkey willing to put troops in Syria 'if others do their part,' Prime Minister says

Wonderful news indeed. You will have support of 1.7 billion Muslims of the world to take on your religious establishment and don't forget the ones in other GCC countries as well. The root of extremism must be uprooted once and for all from the heart of the Muslim world.

Don't make any mistake however, I would still support them over you any day everyday, this is our fight and our fight alone, and we don't want your filthy Muslims to stink it up.

Don't make any mistake however, I would still support them over you any day everyday, this is our fight and our fight alone, and we don't want your filthy Muslims to stink it up.

Are u talking about internal against the MB or Syria

Erdogan more words than balls.Having ISIS controlling the other side of ur border ,while ur tanks are just sitting at stone throwing distance when they can stop that from happening is just foolish.Erdo maybe thinks he can make a deal with ISIS,but nothing can be done to negotiate with these animals.Turkey should atleast use some of those tanks and push the ISIS scum from kobani and keep their border safe atleast.Its in their own interest to not let ISIS control border,just see pakistan and TTP for what happens when u tolerate terrorists.
Dumb erdo.Should have washed his hands of the whole crisis,let the arabs and iranians slaughter each other through their proxies in syria.They are irreedeemable,they'll hate each other forever -nothing turkey can do to change that.Instead threw in his lot with gulf to appear pan islamic leader,lost support of egypt and iran when could have stayed neutral..turned one border into warzone...1.5 million refugees draining turkish economy..every tom dick harry terrorist entering syria via turkey.Total fail.

So you are not a Muslim? And you are calling Muslims filthy?

If Saudi's and other's in GCC did not fuel this extremism with petrodollars, the rest of the Muslim world would not have to worry about the mess your "religious establishment" have created. We wish you success in this fight against this clergy. Lets see how much guts the Monarchs have.

Last edited:
So you are not a Muslim? And you are calling Muslims filthy?

If Saudi's and other's in GCC did not fuel this extremism with petrodollars, the rest of the Muslim world would not have to worry about the mess your "religious establishment" have created. We wish you success in this fight against this clergy. Lets see how much guts the Monarchs have.

Again, we don't want your well wishes, and you be sure we are patriotic before anything else, I would still support a Saudi in everything regardless of their political and religious affiliation, and you an established Anti-Saudi you be sure I would support the clergy over you still.

Again, we don't want your well wishes, and you be sure we are patriotic before anything else, I would still support a Saudi in everything regardless of their political and religious affiliation, and you an established Anti-Saudi you be sure I would support the clergy over you still.

You don't speak for Saudi Arabia and its 25 million people. Only your King, His Excellency, has that authority, and I am sure you are not that person.

I could care less who you personally support or not support.

I have nothing against Saudi Arabia, Saudi King, other GCC monarchs and their people, my issue is only with people that played a role in spreading of extremism in the Muslim world, which has created monsters like today's IS. These people deserved to be skinned alive, yet they are sitting pretty as we speak. Like I said, we the people of the world are still waiting with bated breath to see some action against these extremist financiers within these countries.

Last edited:
Good for Indonesia it is a stable neutral Muslim country with a capable army but in Syria a more combat role is required...would the Indonesian people support that with the risks involved??

Well, there is no survey yet regarding this thing. For your information, current President is not an Islamist, but he said that Indonesia is ready to sent peace keeping troops under UN into Syria, so I see this policy as a political move by him to get people support. Indonesian politics has so many think tank institution that gather survey secretly for some one who bought them. Syria misery has been conveyed massively in Indonesia by using Facebook, news, Friday prayer, etc. I am sure from my own analysis that our people are ready, but not sure for our Armed Force institution side though.

Can one of our military experts explain what it would take to establish a no-fly zone, and why Turkey lacks the sufficient resources to accomplish this, despite having the most powerful army in the Middle East? Thank you.

Can one of our military experts explain what it would take to establish a no-fly zone, and why Turkey lacks the sufficient resources to accomplish this, despite having the most powerful army in the Middle East? Thank you.
I think the problem is not the capability but the fact that Turkey would probably stay alone if they act as a lonewolf and attack Syrian Air defence first which would make the NATO article 5 void.

So thats why Davutoglu is saying we would take part but only if we wont stay alone with the whole job.

I think the problem is not the capability but the fact that Turkey would probably stay alone if they act as a lonewolf and attack Syria first which would make the NATO article 5 void.

So thats why Davutoglu is saying we would take part but only if we wont stay alone with the whole job.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. However, isn't it understandable that Turkey's complaints look a bit hollow if it is able to do something, but demands that someone else do it instead? In addition, how worried can Turkey be about ISIS if it is putting up conditions on the use of its bases to combat ISIS? It destroys the urgency of the situation when Turkey tries to imply that it would be doing the US a favor by allowing the US to use its bases to attack ISIS.

Finally, Turkey didn't have a problem sending troops into Iraq (Kurdistan) in 1997, and threatening Syria in 1998. I know that the leadership in Turkey has changed since then, but its military capabilities have only grown. Perhaps the better move for Turkey would be to act now, and negotiate for help after it has stopped the bleeding. As long as Turkey stands to the side, isn't it Turkey that will suffer the most?

You're probably aware by now that I am not a fan of Erdogan, but I find this behavior to be even more confounding than his "precious loneliness" initiative. It's impossible to understand what he's playing at, which makes the US suspicious.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. However, isn't it understandable that Turkey's complaints look a bit hollow if it is able to do something, but demands that someone else do it instead? In addition, how worried can Turkey be about ISIS if it is putting up conditions on the use of its bases to combat ISIS? It destroys the urgency of the situation when Turkey tries to imply that it would be doing the US a favor by allowing the US to use its bases to attack ISIS.
The bases are now open for foreign military use including NATO allys.

Turkey’s ISIL mandate includes 'military action abroad, opening bases to foreign troops' - POLITICS

Finally, Turkey didn't have a problem sending troops into Iraq (Kurdistan) in 1997, and threatening Syria in 1998. I know that the leadership in Turkey has changed since then, but its military capabilities have only grown. Perhaps the better move for Turkey would be to act now, and negotiate for help after it has stopped the bleeding. As long as Turkey stands to the side, isn't it Turkey that will suffer the most?

Well, the situation is whole different than in 90s, as for Iraq pkk always had presence in Turkey it didnt made any difference if we entered Iraq or not.

The situation in Syria today requires more than sole firepower since in 90s we were facing a conventional army which was no problem for Turkish military but today a asymmetric warfare is going on there, Turkey would face isis and SAA together once it puts its boots in Syria, now imagine what kind of security problem a asymmetric warfare would pose for Turkey thats sharing a 800km border with the conflict zone.

You're probably aware by now that I am not a fan of Erdogan, but I find this behavior to be even more confounding than his "precious loneliness" initiative. It's impossible to understand what he's playing at, which makes the US suspicious.
Im also not a fan of him, in fact i dont like him at all but we need to be realistic.

Back
Top Bottom