What's new

Turkey wants to buy 40 new F-16 block70 and 80 F-16 modernization to the Viper standard

You don't exactly call the Istanbul class a "game changer"...

Buyukada wandered in the Aegean for 26 hours followed by the Greek frigate Elli and occasionally helicopters :)
Sorry,we didn't know it was invisible!

View attachment 782937

Oh and again in another instance!View attachment 782938

Game changer in small NKR. Not Syria and Libya,habibi.

View attachment 782939

Then why do you ask if they are part of NATO? What bugs about them being NATO? What's your question?

It was a rhetorical question.

@MMM-E's post #81 shows what Turkey brings to the table.

The muppets we have in Congress will conveniently forget all that when they oppose this sale.

Hopefully LM can push it through.

Turkey isn't even a regional power at this stage, Iran/Egypt and Israel are stronger then turkey at the moment in the middle east thats why Turkey needs these new jets. They don't want another country like Saudia arabia overtaking them too.
KSA Air Force is 'impressive' in its current form. This is an arm of Saudi military which cannot be underestimated. Saudi have worked hard to develop a good Air Force. Credit where due.

UAE is also doing good. Emirati pilots are among the best in the world.

Turkey isn't even a regional power at this stage, Iran/Egypt and Israel are stronger then turkey at the moment in the middle east thats why Turkey needs these new jets. They don't want another country like Saudia arabia overtaking them too.

in the last 10 years , Turkey spent around $100 billion for humanitarian aid to muslim countries
that means Turkey would buy İran+Egypt+İsrael militaries combined for $100 billion

and Turkish Airforce is one of the best Airforce in the world with great experience and technology
only problem is F35 , Turkey focused on F35 program since 2002 to replace F-4s and F-16s with 100 F-35A
but The US blocked transfer of F-35s to Turkey since 2015 , far before than S400 deal

Turkey has almost bigger GDP PPP than İran+Egypt+İsrael combined

Turkey has almost bigger exports rate than İran+Egypt+İsrael combined

Turkiye is only industrialized country in the region

Turkey has great soft power from Bosnia to East Turkestan ( China )

Turkish Military Bases in N.Cyprus , Albania , İraq , Syria , Azerbaijan , Qatar , Somalia and Libya

İran has outdated Army , Navy and Airforce
İsrael is tiny small Country
Egypt can not develop even Cruise Missile

Turkey is now regional power and wants to become global power again

Last edited:
@Gomig-21 You hear that bro? Turks can destroy you,because you can't develop Cruise Missile 😂

first , Why to destroy Egypt ? btw We have seen Arabs including Egypt against Israel
in a large scale war , Egypt is dependent on France or Russia for Missiles and Guided Bombs

secondly , Egypt should develop national defense Industry to become real military power

Egyptian F-16s lacks Cruise Missiles and AIM-120
Egyptian Rafales lacks Cruise Missiles and armed with only 60km MICA
Egyptian MIG-29M2s has limited ground strike capability

Turkey develops its own defense industry to become real military power
even Turkey doesnt show real military capabilities including Ballistic Missile technology

Egypt is paper tiger . nothing else and eveybody will see it in a large scale war ......

Last edited:
I have nothing to gain from getting involved in this discussion but when I read memebers trying to compare Turkey to Greece /Egypt/Iran or the Middle East it makes me laugh.

These countries are insignificant and unworthy of being compared to Turkey.

Turks are an economic and military industrial power house unmatched by every country named above . Infact I find it insulting that people are even trying to compare these countries with Turkey.

look at Egypt’s history and present situation . Can weapons buy them ba… to fight? Do you think Middle Eastern armies will leave their air conditioned rooms to come out and fight? Look at their performance in Yemen. Pathetic.

Ragtag Hamas has killed more Israeli soldiers than mighty Egyptian army. These countries don’t produce soldiers ….. they produce protectors of monarchy and dictatorships.

Iranian army on the first sign of foreign attack will turn and run like bat out of hell. They will drag mullahs out and kill them .

good luck trying to stand them in front of Turkish forces …. They are battle hardened and can fight at three fronts simultaneously.

France selling few dozen Rafael to avenge their insults by Turks will make
Absolutely no difference if Turks on the first day neutralize their air bases .

literally you need five countries spokespersons to check my post 😂😂😂😂😂talk about inability to answer or face the facts .
No,just the Persians. It's hilarious that you think Turkey is a superpower and can take on Egypt,Iran and Israel at the same time.

No,just the Persians. It's hilarious that you think Turkey is a superpower and can take on Egypt,Iran and Israel at the same time.

Read
My post carefully. I never included Israel. My reference to the Middle Eastbwas limited to monarchies.
Persians I swear I feel we can send 10000 Talibans to take over the entire Iran.

Read
My post carefully. I never included Israel. My reference to the Middle Eastbwas limited to monarchies.
Persians I swear I feel we can send 10000 Talibans to take over the entire Iran.
Three fronts,bro! You said three fronts! You really have Iran that low in fighting ability? I'm surprised.

Three fronts,bro! You said three fronts! You really have Iran that low in fighting ability? I'm surprised.

Yeah Greece (not really a front but few hours of war), Egypt and Iran (not even worth discussing their military capabilities to attack Turkey....they are busy threatening Azerbaijan).

Yeah Greece (not really a front but few hours of war), Egypt and Iran (not even worth discussing their military capabilities to attack Turkey....they are busy threatening Azerbaijan).
Bhai,you're underestimating us...a few hours of war?

You have to admit though that a war between Turkey and Iran would have been interesting from a military point of view.

Let them. Saddam thought the same, and in fact it's a good thing to be underestimated. The Pentagon is realistic though, which is why despite almost daily threats and "all options are on the table" announcements, Washington has not dared attack Iran - indeed they know full well that in case of an aggression against the motherland, Iranians will rally behind the flag in near complete unanimity, regardless of their political views, and will make Vietnam look like a walk through the park. The funeral procession of shahid Soleimani is telling enough: it was the largest such event in history, with literally millions filling the streets of major Iranian cities. But I don't even know what this has to do with the topic at hand, which is about Turkey's F-16's...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom