What's new

Turkey wants to buy 40 new F-16 block70 and 80 F-16 modernization to the Viper standard

Turkey only buys NATO weapons but went for S-400s and now wants to buy Su-35s or Su-57s.
All these years Turkey could have bought a squadron of JF-17s and support Pakistan. Americans wouldn't have protested much since Pakistan is an ally of theirs as well. And in case of embargo,Turkey would have had a lot of spare parts and supplies from Pakistan.

All that "Turkey can develop this and that"...is that just fairy-tales. You've had problems with the Altay,making a 5th generation jet fighter is a LOT harder. Yes,yes you'll tell me "hur dur we had problem with engine,now we make our own engine for Altay". I don't know,I doubt it.
Making something similar to a fully functional F-16 Viper or an F-35 is pretty darn tough and Turkey is still new to this.

Brother nation Pakistan could have sold you JF-17s and you could have supported them,but you basically snubbed them on that.

Pakistan has replaced US with China.

Turkiye is replacing US with Russia.

Next Turkiye will be procuring S-500s and replacing their F-16s with SU-75s.

Turkey only buys NATO weapons but went for S-400s and now wants to buy Su-35s or Su-57s.
All these years Turkey could have bought a squadron of JF-17s and support Pakistan. Americans wouldn't have protested much since Pakistan is an ally of theirs as well. And in case of embargo,Turkey would have had a lot of spare parts and supplies from Pakistan.

if USA block F-16V to Turkey
then Turkey will buy 2nd batch of S400s from Russia

I think Russia will not allow Turkey to use Turkish systems and weapons on SU-35 or SU-57

OUR ROAD MAP

-- 236 F-16s
-- S400s
-- HISAR-A and HISAR-O Air Defense Systems
-- 100 km HISAR-U and 150km SIPER Air Defense Systems until 2024
-- AKINCI and AKSUNGUR UCAVs
-- MIUS unmanned Fighter Jet in 2025
-- HURJET ( armed version )
-- TF-2000 class Airwarfare Destroyer in 2027

also RAMJET powered long range Air to Air Missile GOKHAN to be used by OZGUR modernized 35 F-16 block70s

maybe Turkey can buy Eurofighter with METEOR Missile from The UK

and TFX block1 airsuperiorty Fighter Jet until 2030

All that "Turkey can develop this and that"...is that just fairy-tales. You've had problems with the Altay,making a 5th generation jet fighter is a LOT harder. Yes,yes you'll tell me "hur dur we had problem with engine,now we make our own engine for Altay". I don't know,I doubt it.

ALTAY is ready for mass production since 2018
but Germany blocked Engine for ALTAY Tank
in 2024 everybody will see BMC's indigenous 1500hp diesel Engine for ALTAY Tank

Turkey can develop 4th gen Fighter Jet with American or Russian turbofan Engine

Turkish mission computer , AESA Radar , IFF , Datalink , EW Suite and Weapons already have been developed

Turkey already develops HURJET which under construction to make first flight in 2022
only Need to design bigger platform for 4th gen Fighter Jet ... nothing else

HURJET advanced light attack Jet

Length : 15 m
Height : 4.2 m
Wingspan : 9,8 m
Wing area : 24 m2
Max speed : mach 1.4
Service ceiling : 13.716 m (45,000ft)
Payload capacity : 2.721 kg
Range : 2,222km (1,200nm)
Engine : GE F404-GE-102

The HÜRJET will be able to perform +8G/-3G maneuvers and will be capable of sustaining 5.5Gs at an altitude of 15,000ft and up to mach 0.9 speed
1634135143993.jpeg

1634135101977.png

Last edited:
ALTAY is ready for mass production since 2018
but Germany blocked Engine for ALTAY Tank
in 2024 everybody will see BMC's indigenous 1500hp diesel Engine for ALTAY Tank

Turkey can develop 4th gen Fighter Jet with American or Russian turbofan Engine

Turkish mission computer , AESA Radar , IFF , Datalink , EW Suite and Weapons already have been developed

Turkey already develops HURJET which under construction to make first flight in 2022
only Need to design bigger platform for 4th gen Fighter Jet ... nothing else
The engine is one of the most important parts of a fighter jet or tank. When you tell me "Altay is ready for mass production,just missing the engine",that's a main problem for the Altay. It's not like "my car is ready,just needs a paintjob". Lol

Hurjet is a trainer/light attack jet if I'm not mistaken. Iran could build a trainer too if they tried a bit.

The engine is one of the most important parts of a fighter jet or tank. When you tell me "Altay is ready for mass production,just missing the engine",that's a main problem for the Altay. It's not like "my car is ready,just needs a paintjob". Lol

BMC says 1000 hp engine by 2023 and 1500hp engine by 2024

Hurjet is a trainer/light attack jet if I'm not mistaken. Iran could build a trainer too if they tried a bit.

HURJET will be able to perform +8G/-3G maneuvers and will be capable of sustaining 5.5Gs at an altitude of 15,000ft and up to mach 0.9 speed

Turkey can develop 4th gen Fighter Jet
but Turkey has bigger target .... 5th gen TF-X until 2030

but Turkey has bigger target .... 5th gen TF-X until 2030
10-years or so not too far away really.
Will it be feasible to opt for research whenever one country denies your order. Even US can't afford it.
You can go for ToT as well. It will be more cheaper as compared to starting from scratch process. US is not only one having weapons. Although you will not be able to get the same quality but it will enough to compete. Furthermore you will not have to worry about usage permissions.
Quality might not be same. But it would be a huge boost for the Turkish Defence industry. And it's not like we're in danger of any war any time soon. so we do have luxury of trying to produce our own.

It's a challenge and it will be fun for some Turkish pilots,but some others will be annoyed or disappointed,I'm sure.

It's a whole different philosophy,the Soviet and Russian fighters I mean. The Egyptians are ok with it,but then again,the Egyptians have known them for ages. Interim solution yes,understandable,but it's not that much of an interim solution if you buy 50 of them and if they are Su-35s but then again,you still need a lot of work and changes for them. Not that it can't be done,it can be done. But it's logistically a bit weird. Putin will be happy of course. Americans will impose heavy sanctions on you probably,but what can you do in the end.

Still I think Su-35s from Russia would be a bad interim solution,since you mentioned interim solution. It would have been better if you bought a squadron of JF-17s from Pakistan. I don't understand why Turkey hasn't supported Pakistan with JF-17 Block III already.
Takes example on Egypt, they have American aircraft, French, Russians and Chinese, Yes they are not part of NATO , but they fly on all hunting planes.

Forget Iran why do not you do it?
The truth is quite different, Altay will have his motor good or bad,, the F-35 took 15 years and despite the billions it is always bad, you have to start somewhere, if you left your Tesla principles would never have Send rocket in space with its failures.

The engine was learned to be supplied from South Korea. The motor deliveries were stated that at the end of 2021 years.
And waiting for the end of the test for the local engine for Altay, this engine will be for 30 years. It must be 100% operational

Takes example on Egypt, they have American aircraft, French, Russians and Chinese, Yes they are not part of NATO , but they fly on all hunting planes.
I know,that's why I said the Egyptians always had Soviet aircraft. Somehow they managed to integrate NATO,Soviet/Russian and Chinese jet fighters and Air Defence weapons well. But we are different,we've only had NATO aircraft. It would be fun though.

Even you dont know what about Island State

Greece is not an Island State
Greek Mainland is belong to European Continent

Article 46 of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea stipulates that an “archipelagic State” means a State “constituted wholly by one or more archipelagos and may include other islands”. ...
But Greece is not an “Archipelagic State

so Greek EEZ should start from Greek Mainland ,, not from every tiny Greek Island
its international law

as like 1922 and 1974
daydreamer Greece

You are right.... Greece cannot be called a complete island state.... To be called as complete island state it should have its mainland surrounded by ocean from all the sides... like Australia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, New Zeland or Japan.... Greece mainland is a part of European land surrounded by sea from 3 sides not from all the sides.... having islands in 1000s cannot make it island state by that logic Canada, Thailand with huge number of islands, India (half the southern body in water with 1000s of islands in the form of Lakshdweep, Andaman-Nicobar should also be called island states......

The title is misleading.

Turkey did pay $1.4 billion in advance for the F-35's and want its money back. Turkey has this legal right and the U.S is not above the international law.
So in order to keep the money in house, the U.S offered these 40 F-16 jets. On the next G20 meeting in Rome Erdogan and Biden will discuss about this subject.

I think that the U.S is starting to realize now that they made a big mistake by harming the relationship with Turkey.

The title is misleading.

Turkey did pay $1.4 billion in advance for the F-35's and want its money back. Turkey has this legal right and the U.S is not above the international law.
So in order to keep the money in house, the U.S offered these 40 F-16 jets. On the next G20 meeting in Rome Erdogan and Biden will discuss about this subject.

I think that the U.S is starting to realize now that they made a big mistake by harming the relationship with Turkey.

Finally someone spoke the truth!! Yes, the Turkish asked for their money back from the -35 project. The US then proposed a few items, one of them was the deal on the -16 V. Turkey then asked for more upgraded kits. So the Congress and the Senate have to pass the additional upgraded kits to bring older Turkish -16's to the V standard (block 70). Since the offer for the 40 -16's block 70 came from the US, I don't think it would now be rejected.

Turkey doesn't want JF17s because secretly Turkey looks down on Pakistan military products and wants Western products. Turkey giggles like little girls when someone suggest JF17s.
Yer they bought 50 mushawks...ah Internet and its geniuses

Finally someone spoke the truth!! Yes, the Turkish asked for their money back from the -35 project. The US then proposed a few items, one of them was the deal on the -16 V. Turkey then asked for more upgraded kits. So the Congress and the Senate have to pass the additional upgraded kits to bring older Turkish -16's to the V standard (block 70). Since the offer for the 40 -16's block 70 came from the US, I don't think it would now be rejected.

Yesterday , President ERDOGAN said that USA has offered F-16s to Turkey as reimbursement over a blocked order of F-35s ( for the $1.4 billion payment )

problem is U.S Congress and anti-Turkey senators like Menendez

yesterday , President of Defense Industries ISMAIL DEMIR also said , SU-57, SU-35 deal can be opened at any time , İf Turkey has to

Back
Top Bottom