What's new

Turkey wants to buy 40 new F-16 block70 and 80 F-16 modernization to the Viper standard

Surely even a pro-Turkish Pakistani like yourself can see Erdogan's weird behavior and unstable foreign policy.

you are a small country, you need France to protect you, Macron he leaves in April 2022 date of the elections, after sirtaki dance begin again

are you making something which does not exist and which is essential in Europe? no
I tell you you are not a problem for us, you are a problem for Europe
Bank have Greek debts in Europe you owe money to romania and even bulgarians

1634005243817.png

are you making something which does not exist and which is essential in Europe? no
I tell you you are not a problem for us, you are a problem for Europe
Bank have Greek debts in Europe you owe money to romania and even bulgarians
It's probably money allocated from the European bank to relatively new member-States.
The German companies "ate" a lot of money from Greece back in the '90s to mid-2000s,during the big bribes period.

You never replied: Fener,Galatasaray or Besiktas? ;)

EGYPT

46 MIG-29M2 : $2 billion
24 SU-35 : $2 billion

Egypt buys 70 Fighter Jets for $4 billion

Turkey may buy 40 F-16V for $4 billion ( $100 milliion per unit .. more expensive than F35 )

USA wants weaken the Turkish Air Force ( blocking F-35 and F-16V to Turkey )

GREECE

-- 84 F-16 VIPER modernization
-- 38 F-16 block52+
-- 24 RAFALE
-- 24 Mirage-2000-5MKII

EGYPT

-- 168 F-16
-- 44 MIG-29M2
-- 24 RAFALE
-- 24 SU-35

TURKEY

-- 163 F-16 block52 ( CCIP modernization )
-- 35 F-16 block70 ( OZGUR modernization )

-- 29 F-16 block50+

100 F-35A ( blockked )
40 F-16V ( most likely will be blocked by U.S Congress )

Another Chance for Russia to grasp the deal.

USA either will completely deny Turkey or Turkey will have to collaborate with some other country like Russia/China. It may lead to the formation of other block against USA!

EGYPT

Turkey may buy 40 F-16V for $4 billion ( $100 milliion per unit .. more expensive than F35 )

GREECE

-- 38 F-16 block52+
-- 24 RAFALE
-- 24 Mirage-2000-5MKII

EGYPT

-- 168 F-16
-- 44 MIG-29M2
-- 24 RAFALE
-- 24 SU-35

TURKEY

-- 29 F-16 block50+

100 F-35A ( blockked )
It will be great for turkey. Like Pakistan. Turkey will emerge stringer from sanctions.

The only possible reason is that USA wants to weaken Turkey,not because your leaders are acting like spoiled children and backstabbing everyone? Lol

EGYPT

GREECE

-- 38 F-16 block52+
-- 24 RAFALE
-- 24 Mirage-2000-5MKII

EGYPT

-- 168 F-16
-- 44 MIG-29M2
-- 24 RAFALE
-- 24 SU-35

TURKEY

-- 29 F-16 block50+

100 F-35A ( blockked )
Wouldn't it be better if we invest in R&D so we do not ever have to rely on U.S Congress?

Wouldn't it be better if we invest in R&D so we do not ever have to rely on U.S Congress?
Will it be feasible to opt for research whenever one country denies your order. Even US can't afford it.
You can go for ToT as well. It will be more cheaper as compared to starting from scratch process. US is not only one having weapons. Although you will not be able to get the same quality but it will enough to compete. Furthermore you will not have to worry about usage permissions.

Turkey will pay $6 billion for 40 new F-16V and 80 F-16 modernization

if U.S Congress block sale of F-16V to Turkey
then Turkey will buy 2nd batch of S400s for $2,5 billion to counter Greek F-16V and Rafales to protect national interests in the Aegean and in the Eastern Mediterranean

We are modernizing 35 F-16s Turkish systems and weapons

if Russia allow Turkey to integrate Turkish systems and weapons to SU-35s
then Turkey can buy also 40-50 SU-35s from Russia

Turkish mission computer , AESA Radar , Datalink , IFF System , EW suite , etc and Turkish Weapons

It would be very interesting to see Turkey buying Russian fighter jets. And I'm saying this sincerely.

If Turkey ends up buying Su-30s,Su-35s or even some upgraded Mig-29 version,that would be so interesting.

Because you'd have to start a brand new logistics chain,you'd have to train pilots in a whole new fighter philosophy,new weapons and of course integrate Soviet/Russian systems to NATO ones.

It would be very interesting to see Turkey buying Russian fighter jets. And I'm saying this sincerely.

If Turkey ends up buying Su-30s,Su-35s or even some upgraded Mig-29 version,that would be so interesting.

Because you'd have to start a brand new logistics chain,you'd have to train pilots in a whole new fighter philosophy,new weapons and of course integrate Soviet/Russian systems to NATO ones.

only for interim solution until the TF-X Fighter Jet squadrons as of 2035

No need to change all concept of NATO

Turkey can buy 50 SU-35s and to integrate Turkish systems and weapons to SU-35s
( Turkish mission computer , AESA Radar , Datalink , IFF System , EW suite , etc and Turkish Weapons )

Only Engine assistance and spare parts from Russia

then Turkey can integrate SU-35s to National Systems .....

only for interim solution until the TF-X Fighter Jet squadrons as of 2035

No need to change all concept of NATO

Turkey can buy 50 SU-35s and to integrate Turkish systems and weapons to SU-35s
( Turkish mission computer , AESA Radar , Datalink , IFF System , EW suite , etc and Turkish Weapons )

Only Engine assistance and spare parts from Russia

then Turkey can integrate SU-35s to National Systems .....
It's a challenge and it will be fun for some Turkish pilots,but some others will be annoyed or disappointed,I'm sure.

It's a whole different philosophy,the Soviet and Russian fighters I mean. The Egyptians are ok with it,but then again,the Egyptians have known them for ages. Interim solution yes,understandable,but it's not that much of an interim solution if you buy 50 of them and if they are Su-35s but then again,you still need a lot of work and changes for them. Not that it can't be done,it can be done. But it's logistically a bit weird. Putin will be happy of course. Americans will impose heavy sanctions on you probably,but what can you do in the end.

Still I think Su-35s from Russia would be a bad interim solution,since you mentioned interim solution. It would have been better if you bought a squadron of JF-17s from Pakistan. I don't understand why Turkey hasn't supported Pakistan with JF-17 Block III already.

It's a challenge and it will be fun for some Turkish pilots,but some others will be annoyed or disappointed,I'm sure.

It's a whole different philosophy,the Soviet and Russian fighters I mean. The Egyptians are ok with it,but then again,the Egyptians have known them for ages. Interim solution yes,understandable,but it's not that much of an interim solution if you buy 50 of them and if they are Su-35s but then again,you still need a lot of work and changes for them. Not that it can't be done,it can be done. But it's logistically a bit weird. Putin will be happy of course. Americans will impose heavy sanctions on you probably,but what can you do in the end.

Still I think Su-35s from Russia would be a bad interim solution,since you mentioned interim solution. It would have been better if you bought a squadron of JF-17s from Pakistan. I don't understand why Turkey hasn't supported Pakistan with JF-17 Block III already.
Turkey doesn't want JF17s because secretly Turkey looks down on Pakistan military products and wants Western products. Turkey giggles like little girls when someone suggest JF17s.

Turkey doesn't want JF17s because secretly Turkey looks down on Pakistan military products and wants Western products. Turkey giggles like little girls when someone suggest JF17s.

first , dont act like little girls with butthurt feelings

secondly , Turkey doesnt say anything bad about the JF-17

but Turkey is a NATO Member and buys only NATO Weapons

btw Turkey can develop 4th gen Fighter Jet which is similar to F-16V block70
but Turkey focused on 5th gen TFX development program

if USA block F-16V to Turkey , then we will see what will happen ...

Last edited:
secondly , Turkey doesnt say anything bad about the JF-17

but Turkey is a NATO Member and buys only NATO Weapons

btw Turkey can develop 4th gen Fighter Jet which is similar to F-16V block70
but Turkey focused on 5th gen TFX development program

if USA block F-16V to Turkey , then we will see what will happen ...
Turkey only buys NATO weapons but went for S-400s and now wants to buy Su-35s or Su-57s.
All these years Turkey could have bought a squadron of JF-17s and support Pakistan. Americans wouldn't have protested much since Pakistan is an ally of theirs as well. And in case of embargo,Turkey would have had a lot of spare parts and supplies from Pakistan.

All that "Turkey can develop this and that"...is that just fairy-tales. You've had problems with the Altay,making a 5th generation jet fighter is a LOT harder. Yes,yes you'll tell me "hur dur we had problem with engine,now we make our own engine for Altay". I don't know,I doubt it.
Making something similar to a fully functional F-16 Viper or an F-35 is pretty darn tough and Turkey is still new to this.

Brother nation Pakistan could have sold you JF-17s and you could have supported them,but you basically snubbed them on that.

Back
Top Bottom