What's new

Turkey to modernize F-16 fighter jets of Pakistan Air Force

We haven't order any new MLU kit .... am I missing something here .... ???

Sir, IIRC we ordered (and received) 110 mlu kits in a single order. I cannot find the link with spcific number of the kits in a $1.1 billion FMS deal .

jordanian once need to show way to scrap yard now not upgrade man
Kahn Sahab, I was discussing with someone, as to why we should induct about 30 ~ 40 old F-16's to increase the flying hours of our Viper pilots.

Now in the PAF context, the ex-Jordanian birds have a lot of life left in them, and after MLU upgrades will be nearly as good as the Blk52+. Not only do the avionics and engine get upgraded, but structural upgrades / strengthening is included as well.

Pakitan got 14 F-16s in 2015 from Afghanistan which were used by the US airforce
The news in the link had already confused many on PDF too but later on it got cleared that those F-16s were actually Jordanian ones and Pakistan had bought them directly from Jordan with little or no involvement of US. Had they been the ones used by USAF then we would never have needed to upgrade them at all as USAF had deployed upgraded ones in Afghanistan.

Pakistan to receive two embargoed F16.

13 Sep 2015

Now 12 are left - *two unmarked Pakistani F-16s at lejas airport portugal*

92622 'RETRO61'

92731 'RETRO62'

Two-seater F-16B Fighting Falcon serial number 92622 and single-seater F-16A Fighting Falcon serial number 92731 were delivered to Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in July/August 2015.

The two F-16s on their delivery flight to Pakistan were seen at Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal, in July/August 2015.

Delivery of these F-16s to Pakistan was delayed due to military sanctions imposed by USA in 1990s.

Of the 28 embargoed F-16s 14 were given to USAF and 14 to USN. the 14 USAF aircraft were delivered to Pakistan during Bush admn, however USN refused to release their 14 aircraft. if this news is true, then USN has finally been persuaded to release their 14 aircraft, of which 2 are delivered and 12 pending.

And the word came out from Turkish side. PAF would not have spoken a word till they were ready to take deliveries. Makes you wonder what other secrets they are holding.

have we ever heard a word what we got from Israel :D though not for airforce but Army.

Pakitan got 14 F-16s in 2015 from Afghanistan which were used by the US airforce , which were handed over along with 59 trainer jets and 374 APCs .
I think those are being upgraded .

the source for the 14 F-16s i mentioned above ....
http://www.dawn.com/news/1180506

http://tribune.com.pk/story/881919/...-59-military-trainer-jets-to-pakistan-report/

I am not sure and need some one to explain the news mentioned in these sources .

please correct me if i am wrong i am new

those were misreported (i rather say false) news which mixed up 14 EDA F-16 which we received over the years to compensate 28 embargoed F-16, with the stuff US leaving behind

We have not received any single F-16 which USAF used in Afghanistan

Turkey has always helped Pakistan but I think now its time that we not only take Turkish help but learn from Turks as well. Turkey has a very matured aviation industry and we can learn a lot from them. I personaaly think with the help of Turkey and China we must start our own helicopter program.

Anyways coming back to topic which F-16s are we getting upgraded? As far as I know all our F-16s were MLUed except for the Jordanian ones. Or are we getting the F-16V upgrade?

No we arranged the approval for 60 MLU kits but ORDERED only 45 such kits & I don't know if we have bought other MLU Kits as well no news in Media ....

Major Arms Slaes & Grants to Pakistan Since 2001 (updated till May 04, 2015).jpg

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/pakarms.pdf

@Zee-shaun ^^

Probably, these are 13 ex-Jordanian which are now going through MLU which will enhance their capabilities near to block 52 as other old 45 F-16s had gone through in past. So after these up gradations the whole F-16 fleet in PAF are on par with block 52.

Back
Top Bottom