What's new

Turkey to declare $4 bln decision on air defense

There won't be a war in near future for Turkey to enter... Why are we spending this much into military? I could atleast understand it if 4 billion spending on R&D but to buy from foreign countries? No...
So there won't be a war, let's discharge all military personnel and send them home come on
so brilliant
forget it france and italy have share over percent 50 in that consortium
now that the government have changed relations will improve.... hopefully

So there won't be a war, let's discharge all military personnel and send them home come on
so brilliant

I astonished by your logic... I said in times of peace we shouldn't BUY any military eqiupment... We should spend that money on R&D so that we can keep our resources in country and we can have the liberity to do whatever we want with them...

I astonished by your logic... I said in times of peace we shouldn't BUY any military eqiupment... We should spend that money on R&D so that we can keep our resources in country and we can have the liberity to do whatever we want with them...
Doesn't matter. Military equipment must be held up-to-date and we are way, way behind the date. We are still using 1960s I-Hawks. Time is up, we can't afford to wait any longer.

Nation's defence is always prior to defence industries' advancement.

I am not a Turk but I agree that Turkey needs to have a good defense program. Turkey are lagging behind potential enemies. I haven't been to find any recent websites that compare PAC 3 with ASTER 30, but if they have similar functionality then Turkey should prefer Aster program since it offers technology transfer and an opportunity to development the product.

forget it france and italy have share over percent 50 in that consortium

France would not object a possible deal and even if we only get the know how from the Italians its still better then nothing. Our domestic companies could work on it and improve it untill we have our own system.

Back
Top Bottom