What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

Forget Syria - Turkey's violation into Greek Airspace
CUpH2GyWUAATP49.png:large
According to Greeks everything fly over Aegean sea is an airspace violation as they sea it a greek lake, however this is a disputed issue between Greece and Turkey.

The threat of extending Greek territorial waters beyond their present width of 6 miles ( Greece extended her territorial waters from 3 miles to 6 miles in 1936, Turkey followed suit in 1964), the remilitarization of the Eastern Aegean Islands placed under demilitarized status by virtue of the very agreements ceding them to Greece, a 10 mile "national air space" over territorial waters of 6, abuse of the FIR service responsibility as if it confers sovereignty (request of flight plans from state aircraft and allegations of "violations of" Athens FIR) can be counted among the issues which are the real underlying causes of the Turco-Greek conflict in the Aegean.

You can read more here;
Background Note on Aegean Disputes / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs

1 month ago russian said ''it's navigation error sorry''. So it's normal what he saying.

I find that hard to believe as Syria would have shared detailed military maps with them of the region, besides the Garmin can be pre-loaded with maps of any country in the world. I have used on in Pak, Asia and even as far as Kenya.

Facts of Russian air space violations for 2015:
  • March 4 2015: 2 Russian bombers violate Irish airspace.
  • July 9 2015: Russian plane violates Finnish air space
  • October 3rd and 4th 2015: Two Russian Jets entered Turkish airspace and one of the planes locked its radar onto a Turkish F-16 for almost 6 minutes. The U.S and NATO condemned this violation and Turkey threatened to respond next time.
  • October 7 2015: A Russian plane violates Estonian air space.
  • October 19th 2015: A Russian made drone was downed by a Turkish F-16 after it violated Turkish airspace. The drone landed in Turkey. Russia said that it didn't belong to them.
  • November 20th 2015: Turkey summoned a Russian envoy over the bombing of Syrian Turkmens by the Russian air force. Turkey warned of serious consequences.
  • November 24th 2015: 2 Russian jets approaching the Turkish border were warned to head south by the Turkish Air Force as they were approaching Turkish Airspace. They were warned 10 times before entering Turkish Air Space. This was confirmed by the U.S military and by a recording released by the Turkish military.
  • November 24th 2015: 1 of the intruding Russian jets was downed while it was in Turkish airspace and crashed into Syria.

Don't worry brother!!! Pray for us from the sidelines!! It appears to be a sort of limited end-game for resolving the current situation. In our analysis, gainers from this will be China and Turkey - both positives for Pakistan. Hold your base tightly and finish your lofty agendas. We are used to seeing extreme ups and downs. Just for solace from history - Russia had Bolshevik revolution when it attacked the Ottoman Empire and the USSR broke down when it occupied Afghanistan. Along with Russia, there will be some more losers too! It is evident that the SCRIPT has already been written and the folks are just playing their roles!!

Turkey is in the right and will be perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about Ankara, Allah (SWT) is with you, our prayers are with you. Russia will not attack Turkey, Turkey has proved the point it was trying to make. It has done what any self respecting nation would do.

Protected it's territory and honour. I remember when our nation joined the coalition in the GWOT and there were many nay sayers who condemned Pakistan and false prophets who foresaw doom and gloom for us. Yet here we are 14 years later, still one nation under one flag.

God bless Turkey and our Turkish brothers and sisters! Ameen.

You and who thinks like you are the biggest IDIOT. Cause ISIS attackina somewhere in the region, and then leaving it to the kurd groups, kurds are swepping the turkmen and arabs from the region this is unaceptable for the Turkey in other word ethnicity changing, now how u think Turkey helps backs ISIL? and DO U have proof or are you lying/trolling!

Columns of ISIS Oil trucks have no problem getting in and of Turkey.

Turkey is in the right and will be perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about Ankara, Allah (SWT) is with you, our prayers are with you. Russia will not attack Turkey, Turkey has proved the point it was trying to make. It has done what any self respecting nation would do.

Protected it's territory and honour. I remember when our nation joined the coalition in the GWOT and there were many nay sayers who condemned Pakistan and false prophets who foresaw doom and gloom for us. Yet here we are 14 years later, still one nation under one flag.

God bless Turkey and our Turkish brothers and sisters! Ameen.

Russia has already said it will not go to war with Turkey over this incident. After all, $40 billion in annual bilateral trade means something for both sides as an incentive to keep going.

Facts of Russian air space violations for 2015:
  • March 4 2015: 2 Russian bombers violate Irish airspace.
  • July 9 2015: Russian plane violates Finnish air space
  • October 3rd and 4th 2015: Two Russian Jets entered Turkish airspace and one of the planes locked its radar onto a Turkish F-16 for almost 6 minutes. The U.S and NATO condemned this violation and Turkey threatened to respond next time.
  • October 7 2015: A Russian plane violates Estonian air space.
  • October 19th 2015: A Russian made drone was downed by a Turkish F-16 after it violated Turkish airspace. The drone landed in Turkey. Russia said that it didn't belong to them.
  • November 20th 2015: Turkey summoned a Russian envoy over the bombing of Syrian Turkmens by the Russian air force. Turkey warned of serious consequences.
  • November 24th 2015: 2 Russian jets approaching the Turkish border were warned to head south by the Turkish Air Force as they were approaching Turkish Airspace. They were warned 10 times before entering Turkish Air Space. This was confirmed by the U.S military and by a recording released by the Turkish military.
  • November 24th 2015: 1 of the intruding Russian jets was downed while it was in Turkish airspace and crashed into Syria.
That's a great success of our pilot. Staying in cold blood mode and keep recording of Russian radar stream while his wing mans waiting in sharp. That's a great think about our EW toys. I don't remember what type of plane but that type of plane will never can shot a Turkish jet definitely.

If you want to learn how to back off nice and slow, learn it from Erdogan

I dont know where you get this news from but Erdoğan doesn't sound that way on TV. At the very beginning of incident TSK announced on their website that plane's nationality is unknown which means it really doesn't matter where it's from, if you violate our airspace we shot you down.

NATO survived Cold War, but downed Russian jet provides biggest threat

Washington (CNN)The cool, calm, clear thinking that kept the NATO alliance intact as it weathered the Cold War with the Soviet Union has been shattered.

Decades of careful diplomacy and nail-biting inaction during the potentially world-annihilating nuclear arms race of the 1950s, 60s and 70s appears to have been sacrificed in a few brief seconds by Turkey.

During the Cuban missile crisis of 1962, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979, the deployment of nuclear weapons in western Europe in the 1980s and many other causes of strife, NATO did not take on the Soviet Union or Russia directly and Moscow did not attack any NATO country.
That all changed when Turkish air force jets shot down a Russian bomber Tuesday -- the first time a NATO country has taken such action since 1952.

Putin calls jet's downing 'stab in the back'; Turkey says warning ignored

Any chance of a quick end to the war in Syria seems to have gone up in smoke.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has been trying to undermine the unity of NATO for years. Whether it's been Russian planes flying in Baltic airspace, aging bombers buzzing the coast of Britain, the destabilization of Ukraine and the annexation of Crimea, he has needled NATO, testing its resolve and probing for division. The downing of Russia's fighter plane may help Putin reach his goal of destabilizing and dividing NATO.

Five things to know about downed fighter

And that's why -- at first analysis -- this looks like a disaster, beyond the loss of life of one pilot and a would-be rescuer.

It may also be a gain for Putin.

For all those years he has was trying to undermine NATO unity, Erdogan's hasty move has handed it to him on a plate.

We may learn what led up to the strike, but the deed is done.

NATO and Putin: Downed Russian bomber is big threat - CNN.com

Turkey just opened the doors for Russia. What follows this action by Turkey will not be good for their nation. Let us wait for reaction by Russian. They will take their time and sometime around May 2016 will be a game changer for the Arab peninsula s well. One of the country to come under their radar will be totally devastated which is not being named by any one in the main stream media.

yes the tables can turn
it is below dignity to shoot at the downed pilot, rough up a captive or desecrate the corpses.
shooting at parachutes is considered the lowest of lowest act. and puts these scumbags in the league of the Daesh scumbags what burnt the Jordanian pilot alive.

I will have the same word for anyone who does it to Israeli or Turkish or Saudi pilot... I dont change my view.

remember this .. my dear friend. our support and sympathy is with Turkey and will remain so but as real friends we have an obligation to speak our minds. neither you nor we are pure and innocents and infallible.

there was the bombing in Turkey recently and then there is the PKK issue and some countries are using that against Turkey.. we all live in glasshouses .... we know it because we suffered the same fate when we were clapped and cheered by same two friends .....------ from comfortable distance ---- in the 80s... as the fate has it... there is another country with crescent and star but with red background instead of green... who happens to have same two ..."friends/ allies"... is already starting to suffer terrorism and has millions of refugees on its door steps and scumbags and religious degenerates from far corners of the world who make videos of lynching, cannibalising, burning and beheading as normality.

Turkey's military/ political leadership took a view and made a decision to shoot down the plan.. but what followed later was disgusting. the truth about this incident about right and wrong is subjective and depends who you ask the question.

All I know is that the scumbags that blew up people in Turkey, France and elsewhere are laughing their heads off because of this incident.

you guys see blood and start hyper ventilating when we Pakistanis give our own example.. we would have done the same had people warned us back in the 80s.. we had a full hard on and had the hallal dollars and American weapons at our disposal and nothing could touch us. you think the same about your self I pray that you turn out better than us...
but Life my dear is a Biatch....

enjoy the "victory" while it lasts.

good luck
I respect your principled stand, although I disagree with some of your points. Hopefully, an end-game has started. Absence of a strong and just government has resulted in all these chaos and anarchy, which I believe will end with a better future for all of us.

As for the picture of a soldier with humungous moustache, is he from Baluch regiment? I used to know a Bangladeshi neighbor's father who was a Pakistan Army officer from Baluch regiment and fought in 1965 war against India. I heard some amazing stories regarding how they defended Lahore with a very few soldiers against over-whelming Indian attacks.

Russians are being sucked deeper and deeper into a civil war with no end in sight....
This can be afghanistan 2.0.

They need to disengage and cool down

OMG! 150 pages over a fighter jet.?! THE WORLD IS ENDIIIIIIIING!!!! :cray::cray::cray:
Yeah. Russians and his backs (iranianssss chiniseee) nuked us 15160565 times for our self defence.
Russians thinks they are the mafia of the world but suddenly they are shocked.
It's a simple case, but their *** burnin like a hell.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom