What's new

Turkey ready to boost defense ties with Iran: Minister

I disagree with you guys @haman10 and @xenon54 We actually should be dying for good economic and political relations between the 2 countries which at the end will bring stability to the region...and dont go that "what about syria??" way cuz its a fact that syria issue didnt affect our economical relations at all just google a nd see it for yourselves

Indeed.

Problem with Syria is that both our people, Turkish and Iranian, oppose intervention over there, but that our governments are pushing hard for their own political projects. Syria has not come at the expense of Turkish-Iranian relations. I mean, in despite of disagreeing about our role, economic ties between Turkey and Iran remained steady.

People who claim that we don't need each other don't know what they are talking about. Joint military projects will definitely benefit our militaries. I mean, there is a lot Turks and Iranians can learn from each other. Iranians can learn and cooperate in shipbuilding with Turkey, while Turks can learn and cooperate with Iran in missile technology.

Hopefully at not late time muslims make an empire and siphon all of disputes and nobody kill in muslim countries by devils.Hopefully no man be hungry in any muslim country and even whole world.Hopefully no man or family rule to muslims and only good men may rule in muslim nation.Hopefully never any man or woman kill nearby eyes of thier children.Hopefully zionist regime end human and muslim suffer and move out palestine and go to hell.Hopefully all of muslim live together and just call each other brother.Hopfully muslims never spend money for bullet and all of murders in world end.Hopfully humans live like human.

I personally think erdogan was misled by western powers at the scope of this conflict. Hence the repairing has started after the west itself turned the tables after its ferocious media and weapons blitz for regime change. It did not expect fierce resistance from Russia who stood by quietly letting libya fall.

Lured or not, he is leading his party in a dictatorial manner all decisions the AKP does are more or less his. Thus Erdogan has managed it to put Turkey in somewhat isolation. It was wrong in first place to support a side in Syria. That a big fat contradiction (foreign intervention) to the ideals this country lives up to.

I personally think erdogan was misled by western powers at the scope of this conflict. Hence the repairing has started after the west itself turned the tables after its ferocious media and weapons blitz for regime change. It did not expect fierce resistance from Russia who stood by quietly letting libya fall.

What's up with your avatar bro? İt has made me curious for quiet a while now :)

On-topic.

İran and Turkey are the biggest countries in the region. They are also the most capable countries in the region.

Poltical and economic cooperation will only bring peace and prosperity into the region.
However buılding up these relations were near to impossible because İran was a sanctioned and isolated country.
Just look how much effort it takes to simply make a gas trade with İran.

I hope Iran will put it's best effort to get rid of the sanctions or else any initiative to buıld up a strong cooperation is doomed to fail before it even starts.

I also want to add that I have found the behavior of some Iranians to be too protective (as if the whole world is after them and thus can't be trusted). "Turkey, the trojan horse!" and "Turkey is a zionist country!" are words i regularly see on other sites. While I can understand this way of thinking of the Iranians more or less, we should not neglect the fact that Turkey is changing a lot.

The majority of Turkish people never felt part of the west and it will stay this way anyway. For the politics, though, it's only recently that the Turkish govt is showing signs of turning eastward more and more. It's perhaps hard for the Iranians to trust Turkey now, even though Turkey was even against sanctioning Iran in 2009, but i believe if we turn more eastward (as we should) we can build a good relationship.

Trust me, we, Turks and Iranians, have more similarities than differences. At least we shouldn't allow politics to mess up our individual relationship. We are going to need each other if we want a peaceful region, especially when there are others who regard Iran and Turkey (yes, i am sure deep down the USA, the EU and Israel don't trust Turkey) and want to provoke division between us. In my opinion, hardcore nationalists from both sides should see the bigger picture and give a long-lasting relationship a chance.

These are just some words to express in a meeting; nothing holds as important in meaning.

NATO sees the regime in Iran as threat, Arab World sees the regime as threat, Azerbaijan sees The regime as threat, Israel sees the regime in Iran as threat etc.

However, Turkish Defense Minister Ismet Yilmaz sees '' ... is ready to further develop defense cooperation with the Islamic Republic of Iran.''

These are just some words to express in a meeting; nothing holds as important in meaning.

NATO sees the regime in Iran as threat, Arab World sees the regime as threat, Azerbaijan sees The regime as threat, Israel sees the regime in Iran as threat etc.

However, Turkish Defense Minister Ismet Yilmaz sees '' ... is ready to further develop defense cooperation with the Islamic Republic of Iran.''

You may be right. Below is what Chuck Hagel told Arabs few days ago;

In his remarks, Mr. Hagel described the U.S. military presence in the Middle East, which includes 35,000 personnel, advanced F-22 stealth fighter planes, 40 Navy ships.
"Coupled with our unique munitions, no target is beyond our reach," ............

Oh my gosh, I'm going to bust up this party and I'm going to bust it up good..:smokin: :guns:

First of all the source. Press tv is equilivant of an internet sewer. But to get to the meat of the matter. Turkey boosting defence ties with Iran? I don't think Turkey will be allowed to sell anything other than screws and bolds to Iran. NATO won't allow it. So this article is just hyping up nothing.

This article is just desperate attempt to demonstrate that Iran is not isolated. Iran is trying to get close to Chinese but China doesn't want to get close to Iran because its economy is dependent of US. Iran tries to get close to India but they are under Anglo-saxon sphere. I don't have to tell about Arab-Iran relation. Azerbaijan-Iran relation is also not good because of Pan-Iranian foreign policy. Who is left? There is Turkey but since recent years it is also very bad since reports were leaked proving Iran supplying PKK and letting PKK use Iranian soil for attacks.

Who says Iran won't be using their old tactics again which is causing internal problems in their "enemy's" countries? They supported terrorism against us for years. They can do it again tomorrow. Why do you think Turkey is busy with peace process with PKK? So that Iran can't use PKK against us anymore. We never used minorities of Iran against Iran but sooner or later Iranian terror foreign policy will blow up in their face when Arabs, Turks and others start supporting rebelion in Iran. We have to understand that Iran and Turkey are historical rivals. Rivals can't be friends. There is only mutual benefit in certain situations but on long term situation in middle-east is going to escalate when oil runs out. Middle-east will be in flames as geo-analyst predict. But before oil crises there will probably be Israeli attack on Iran to set back Iranian nuclear program back for couple of decades. Turkey doesn't want Iran to have nukes as much as Israel doesn't want it. When Israel attacks, Turkey will be sucked into the conflict because of its missile defense shield contract it signed to protect Israel.

Of course like Genghis Khan said: "It is better to win a war without a fight" but in case of Iran that won't be the case. There is nothing we share with Iran. In Turkey minorities can have their own parties. In Iran minorities are very supressed. They can't silence thier minorities for ever. There will be a backlash. Also Iranians call Azeri "donkeys" or "cockroaches" and Iran and Azerbaijan are constantly in brink of war. Turkey sent an important message to Iran when doing military exercises with Azerbaijan in the Caspian sea. We said we are here to. Don't think Azerbaijan stands alone.

Good move by two civilized nations in the region. Bedouins in the region could learn so much from Iranians & Turks had they stopped killing each other.

Are they killing one another in the same fashion we killed your " civilized " language :lol: .. Or Is it some sort of inferiority complex? :D

Are they killing one another in the same fashion we killed your " civilized " language :lol: .. Or Is it some sort of inferiority complex? :D

Oh.....illiterate, bedoo. Read, take a pause, contemplate, think before typing. You can detonate the bomb later !

Oh.....illiterate, bedoo. Read, take a pause, contemplate, think before typing. You can detonate the bomb later !

I did, but you still don't get yet? When someone unleashes attacks on someone, it shows how desperate he is.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom