What's new

Turkey limits defense sales to India to appease Pakistan

Yep ...........so when we making Barak 8 er ......which i think will be 150 + at least
I have a theory.............earlier it was said that barak 8 ER will be 150 km double of previously thought 70 km of standard barak 8 --------and increase in 80 km provided by booster -------so now with increase in range of basic barak 8 to 100 km don't the booster will added 80 km which in turn make barak 8 a 180 km SAM :angel: ........now if they use new propellant in booster will it increase beyond 200 km --------just a thought:partay:

"What about the markets in India and Singapore?

“Regarding India, we consider it as our second largest target market, after the IDF. Namely – when I look at our export market it begins with India and only then goes to South East Asia. We are waiting for orders from India for projects regarding which we have already completed the entire process, including, naturally, the Spike deal. They are currently completing their round of signatures, having concluded the negotiations, but that takes time. If these deals are signed before the end of this year – then 2015 will have the potential of being our most successful year in India to this day. Right now, we are not there yet.”

What projects are we talking about?

The Barak missile (for naval surface-to-surface use), naturally. We are also waiting for the signing of a deal for the selling of our Litening air strike pod. That was an open tender process, and everything has been finalized. I can tell you that due to the policy of the Indian Prime Minister to promote manufacturing on Indian soil, in line with their ‘Make in India’ concept, we established an assembly plant for the Litening system in India, in cooperation with a small local partner. This was the first time that we established something in India from the very beginning. We have many sub-contractors there, but that plant was erected on virgin soil, from scratch – and that is significant.

“In India we are also waiting for a follow-up order for our Spice system (high-precision air-to-surface missile). This order, too, has to go through additional approval stages, but it is a nearly done deal. The major Spike deal currently on the agenda also involves the establishment of capabilities on Indian soil. It will not be a manufacturing plant, as our local partner, BFL, is sufficiently large to accommodate the manufacturing in their own facilities. We signed the cooperation agreement with them at a major event during the defense exhibition in Bangalore (February 2015).

“The local partner aspect is a part of the process of negotiating with the Indian Government. The Indians insisted on an almost complete technology transfer. According to the agreement, the last missiles will be manufactured on the scope of not less than 90% in India. Naturally, in the follow-up orders, if we receive such orders, the scope of manufacturing done on Indian soil will begin at 90%. The ‘Make in India’ concept is very important to the Indians. They say: ‘I buy a lot, so I can present extreme requirements as to what will be manufactured in India and what will not.’ We are talking about 8,000 missiles, which is about one third of what Rafael has manufactured to this day, and that refers to the entire Spike family, so they can make the rules.”"

From an Article I just posted today.

Source: Rafael' senior member - “The national leaders should promote defense exports”

Israeli exports to India including but not limited to : UAV's & UCAV's, Radars, Anti tank missiles, Air defenses (including Spyder and Barak 8), and more.

These i know .............i am asking opinion about my theory

I'll qoute an answer regarding another issue in order to answer ur question

"Following Operation Protective Edge, which option did you finalize with the IDF, a new version of the Trophy system or an upgrade of the existing version?

“Any weapon system that we manufacture for the IDF, following operational activity and most certainly after gaining operational experience – we will upgrade. It is not yet a new version. We received an order for the same system we sold in the past with a number of improvements.”

Source: Rafael' senior member - “The national leaders should promote defense exports”"

We can conclude from this saying, that Barak 8 will get constant update, and like in several other air defense batteries ( for example Iron Dome ) will probably improve it's range and capabilities in the coming years.
Barak 8 is not yet to become operational, only time will tell how capable the system really is, and what extended ranges IAI and Rafael will present

Last edited:
"What about the markets in India and Singapore?

“Regarding India, we consider it as our second largest target market, after the IDF. Namely – when I look at our export market it begins with India and only then goes to South East Asia. We are waiting for orders from India for projects regarding which we have already completed the entire process, including, naturally, the Spike deal. They are currently completing their round of signatures, having concluded the negotiations, but that takes time. If these deals are signed before the end of this year – then 2015 will have the potential of being our most successful year in India to this day. Right now, we are not there yet.”

What projects are we talking about?

“The Barak missile (for naval surface-to-surface use), naturally. We are also waiting for the signing of a deal for the selling of our Litening air strike pod. That was an open tender process, and everything has been finalized. I can tell you that due to the policy of the Indian Prime Minister to promote manufacturing on Indian soil, in line with their ‘Make in India’ concept, we established an assembly plant for the Litening system in India, in cooperation with a small local partner. This was the first time that we established something in India from the very beginning. We have many sub-contractors there, but that plant was erected on virgin soil, from scratch – and that is significant.

“In India we are also waiting for a follow-up order for our Spice system (high-precision air-to-surface missile). This order, too, has to go through additional approval stages, but it is a nearly done deal. The major Spike deal currently on the agenda also involves the establishment of capabilities on Indian soil. It will not be a manufacturing plant, as our local partner, BFL, is sufficiently large to accommodate the manufacturing in their own facilities. We signed the cooperation agreement with them at a major event during the defense exhibition in Bangalore (February 2015).

“The local partner aspect is a part of the process of negotiating with the Indian Government. The Indians insisted on an almost complete technology transfer. According to the agreement, the last missiles will be manufactured on the scope of not less than 90% in India. Naturally, in the follow-up orders, if we receive such orders, the scope of manufacturing done on Indian soil will begin at 90%. The ‘Make in India’ concept is very important to the Indians. They say: ‘I buy a lot, so I can present extreme requirements as to what will be manufactured in India and what will not.’ We are talking about 8,000 missiles, which is about one third of what Rafael has manufactured to this day, and that refers to the entire Spike family, so they can make the rules.”"

From an Article I just posted today.

Source: Rafael' senior member - “The national leaders should promote defense exports”

Israeli exports to India including but not limited to : UAV's & UCAV's, Radars, Anti tank missiles, Air defenses (including Spyder and Barak 8), and more.
These i know .............i am asking opinion about my theory

k9 from south korea ...which turks are using themselves

Just to add India has its own artillery program Dhanush in production

Indian Army to induct indigenous artillery gun Dhanush, first since the Bofors scandal - IBNLive

dhanush-bofors.jpg

we use bae hawk....so no place for them
Little more to add

India has two trainers built and one advanced trainer in development

HAL HJT-36 Sitara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HAL Kiran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HAL HJT 39 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hindustan_HJT-16_Kiran_II_Krivchikov_2007.jpg

Hindustan_HJT-36_Sitara_Krivchikov_2007.jpg

Light Combat Helicopter ....

Not to forget HAL Rudra :)

maxresdefault.jpg

It is a symbolic gesture, which I strongly support. Pakistanis already know that Turkey is their real, trustworthy and only true friend in the ME.

Pakistan's role is special in Turkey. Islamic as secular groups and parties from the Turkish society are supporting the country. This is something really unique in Turkish politics. Actually, secularists, nationalists and Islamists are always at odds in our country. Only when it comes to 'Pakistan', they have a similar attitude. And we all know why.

:tup:

It is a symbolic gesture, which I strongly support. Pakistanis already know that Turkey is their real, trustworthy and only true friend in the ME.

Pakistan's role is special in Turkey. Islamic as secular groups and parties from the Turkish society are supporting the country. This is something really unique in Turkish politics. Actually, secularists, nationalists and Islamists are always at odds in our country. Only when it comes to 'Pakistan', they have a similar attitude. And we all know why.

:tup:

The only country apart from my own.. Il gladly fight and die for is Turkiye..

Turkey here is cutting the grass grown on a glass surface.....

Exactly there's no grass on the glass surface, yet they are cutting it just to fool some gulibles .

hmmm , trainer aircrafts , there MPT-76 assault riffle , APcs , Artillery , Subs , other vessels , Attack helicopters etcoffereld have bought these things from them ..NO offense but there much more capable then you ...
Can you guys produce a attack helicopter like the Turks have made , Can you make your own subs ? , Can you make a assault riffle like MPT-76 (Insas is shit btw ), there are many more things that the Turkish make in there Defense Industry but i dont remember them :partay:,
Indian Defense Industry is Decent but cant be compared to Turk dude's ...

Trainer aircraft? We already have our options full. A big NO.
Assault rifles? We are doing average on that and have better vendors to look out for.
APCs?Brother Russia offers better solutions and now TATA and other private companies have already started investing millions. So again a big NO.
ARTILLERY? LOL seriously , they are mere assemblers here. France and South Korea here again are the front runners. And we are also manufacturing our own.

And now Sub?
Well buddy we in India are building SSBN s now , while your Turkish brothers license manufacture German Type 209s which we will retire soon.

Naval vessels? Well again a big lol. We are building AESA destroyers and Aircraft carriers buddy.

Attack helicopters?
Turkey here also can learn from us. What they are doing is modifying an existing and proven platform with the help of Italy .

While we have already made armed Dhruv and LCH buddy.

No offence to their capabilities , but we are much better than the word decent.

And their not supplying us ( which they already couldn't ) won't hurt us a single penny.

By the way just for trivia, the first satellite of Turkey was launched by India.

Thats funny.
India can get whatever it wants from USA, RUSSIA, EUROPE.
There is nothing turkey makes that india needs.

These posture give you sense of direction and associations. Sri Lanka went with Pakistan, though 8 Jf-17 is not a threat to India but they turned India down in the favour of Pakistan. Same is this gesture. It may not result in a damage to India, but it speaks volumes for their alliance with Pakistan.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom