What's new

Turkey limits defense sales to India to appease Pakistan

LOL ' i got enough stuff to humiliate Turkey'. India is the country with the most things to humiliate about.
well, I dont owe any response to you....what funny thing is, its you who is talking about that and going by your flag you must have patented it by now!!!.... ROFL :D:D

Yeah, I heard you guys would rather vegetables marinated in sewer water.

Dont try to oversmart in here .
Turkey dont have any leverage against us.
And I have already seen how those Arab and Persian members in here insulted Turkish members in her by calling names.
Dont try to force us or we will also insult you .

This thread is a joke after all.

LOL ' i got enough stuff to humiliate Turkey'. India is the country with the most things to humiliate about.

All you can do is to repeat same jealousy words again and again .
India has already soft power all around the globe .Look at those Yoga day celebration .Now we are also using hard power via diplomacy .And it will increase in future.

Kuwaitis no longer issue visa to Pakistanis. Despite the fact that I travel to Kuwait on UK passport, since my birth place is mentioned as Pakistan; during last two visits to Kuwait, I had to wait a couple of hours at the airport before my clearance to enter Kuwait was approved.

Immigration laws: Kuwait bans visas for Pakistani, Afghan nationals - The Express Tribune

Pakistanis excluded from Kuwait’s new visa plan - The Express Tribune

Anyone who has been to Dubai can see number of Indians compared to Pakistanis. It is said that 80% of all expatriates in Dubai are Indians and 80% of Indians are Malloos (from Malabar Coast)

Kuwaitis no longer issue visa to Pakistanis. Despite the fact that I travel to Kuwait on UK passport, since my birth place is mentioned as Pakistan; during last two visits to Kuwait, I had to wait a couple of hours at the airport before my clearance to enter Kuwait was approved.

Immigration laws: Kuwait bans visas for Pakistani, Afghan nationals - The Express Tribune

Anyone who has been to Dubai can see number of Indians compared to Pakistanis. It is said that 80% of all expatriates in Dubai are Indians and 80% of Indians are Malloos (from Malabar Coast)
Dubai thing is easy enough to explain - India has around 6-7 times Pakistan's population. There would naturally be more Indians than Pakistanis'. Doubt its a case of favouritism.

Everyone has their priorities. If Israel and Russia do the same in opposing case, Turkey has all the rights to consider such option.

It is better to compare UAE, in Dubai Indians are more but in Abu Dhabi Pakistani are more and if we see Indian population and Pakistani total population, as per percentage Pakistanis are more.
Kuwaitis banned not only Pakistanis but Iranian, Bangladesh as well reason are different some political some other issues.

It is better to compare UAE, in Dubai Indians are more but in Abu Dhabi Pakistani are more and if we see Indian population and Pakistani total population, as per percentage Pakistanis are more.
Kuwaitis banned not only Pakistanis but Iranian, Bangladesh as well reason are different some political some other issues.
Good to see you are in UAE but please correct your facts................... Indians are 25% and Pakistanis 12% of Total Population of UAE

Pakistani expats living in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) outnumber the indigenous Emiratis in three of seven states.

Pakistanis living in Dubai, Sharjah, and Ajman makes up of 12% of the combined population of these three emirates, which is 3% higher than the Emirati population, Gulf News reported.

Quoting statistics provided by Euromonitor International, a market intelligence company, the newspaper said the number of Indian expats living in these three emirates is higher than any other nationality, making up 25 % of the total population.

While Indian and Pakistanis expats combined make more than one third of Dubai, Sharjah, and Ajman, other leading nationalities include Emirati (9%), Bangladeshi (7%), and Filipino (5%).

info21.jpg

Explaining the phenomena of such a high number of Pakistanis and Indians in the UAE, Nikola Kosutic, a research manager at Euromonitor International, said that ease of trade and job opportunities especially for low-paid jobs, along with the graphic proximity of these countries facilitate the movement of people from India and Pakistan to the UAE. The fact that many Pakistanis and Indians have someone living in the UAE who can help them with the transition makes it easier for them to move to the UAE, he added.

According to data provided by the Dubai Statistics Centre (DSC), Dubai’s population is expected to grow by approximately 5% from 2.3 million in 2014 to 2.4 million in 2015.

Commenting on the recent population growth, Gurdish Bassi, project director at GRMC advisory services, said the increase in population over last two years can be attributed to increases in demand for blue collar workforce driven by construction activity as a result of real estate market recovery and infrastructure development related to Expo 2020. “To a smaller extent there has also been growth in white collar employment as a result of Dubai’s economy being more buoyant than before,” he said.

The article originally appeared on Gulf News
Pakistanis outnumber Emiratis in three UAE states - The Express Tribune

Good to see you are in UAE but please correct your facts................... Indians are 25% and Pakistanis 12% of Total Population of UAE

Pakistani expats living in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) outnumber the indigenous Emiratis in three of seven states.

Pakistanis living in Dubai, Sharjah, and Ajman makes up of 12% of the combined population of these three emirates, which is 3% higher than the Emirati population, Gulf News reported.

Quoting statistics provided by Euromonitor International, a market intelligence company, the newspaper said the number of Indian expats living in these three emirates is higher than any other nationality, making up 25 % of the total population.

While Indian and Pakistanis expats combined make more than one third of Dubai, Sharjah, and Ajman, other leading nationalities include Emirati (9%), Bangladeshi (7%), and Filipino (5%).

info21.jpg

Explaining the phenomena of such a high number of Pakistanis and Indians in the UAE, Nikola Kosutic, a research manager at Euromonitor International, said that ease of trade and job opportunities especially for low-paid jobs, along with the graphic proximity of these countries facilitate the movement of people from India and Pakistan to the UAE. The fact that many Pakistanis and Indians have someone living in the UAE who can help them with the transition makes it easier for them to move to the UAE, he added.

According to data provided by the Dubai Statistics Centre (DSC), Dubai’s population is expected to grow by approximately 5% from 2.3 million in 2014 to 2.4 million in 2015.

Commenting on the recent population growth, Gurdish Bassi, project director at GRMC advisory services, said the increase in population over last two years can be attributed to increases in demand for blue collar workforce driven by construction activity as a result of real estate market recovery and infrastructure development related to Expo 2020. “To a smaller extent there has also been growth in white collar employment as a result of Dubai’s economy being more buoyant than before,” he said.

The article originally appeared on Gulf News
Pakistanis outnumber Emiratis in three UAE states - The Express Tribune
Dear I am talking in sense of Indian and Pakistani total population and the percentage in UAE, i hope you get my point. Indian population is 4 time bigger as compared to Pakistan and they are double in numbers in UAE so it means that as per percentage of total population Pakistanis are more.

Turkey is nothing without NATO support .They dared to shoot down Russian Aircraft because they know they have NATO support .Otherwise they wouldnt think about it.

Russian have Chinese support .

Are you that naive?. (your own 2 posts).... Turkey is nothing without NATO support so does Russia is nothing without China support. You compared them well.......

It is not about overestimating the Turkey but you underestimate.

Rather being self proclaimed mighty army, Turkey is much capable hence, is NATO member.

Even as the Indian posters claimed that India is not importing anything valued in defence sector from Turkey and it wouldn't matter but limiting India in defence sales by Turkey is indeed a diplomatic embarrassment for India in front of all including NATO members as well.

Turkey followed a policy of restricting arms sales to India in order to not irk close ally Pakistan, a senior lawmaker from the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) recently revealed.

Speaking to the members of the Defense Commission in the Turkish Parliament in December, the commission chairman, Faruk Özlü, said the government directive on the sale of defense products to India was restricted to non-lethal items only when he was involved in talks as the deputy head of the Undersecretariat for the Defense Industry (SSM), the government's top arms procurement agency.

“I wanted to finish my speech with an anecdote,” Özlü said, while moderating the debate in the Defense Commission on Dec. 9 meeting where he volunteered the information to lawmakers. He said he went to India for a defense industry fair and was accompanied by officials from ASELSAN, a state-owned defense giant in electronics and weapons systems in Turkey. He said ASELSAN officials told him about the possibility of marketing military-grade handheld radios to India in large quantities.

Özlü said the Turkish Foreign Ministry's view, as relayed by the Turkish Embassy in New Delhi, was “If it is not an explosive, guns or deadlier arms such as missiles, then items like radios and vehicles can be sold.”
“I mean [to do so] without alienating or offending Pakistan,” he added.
The policy of restricting the sale of defense products to just non-lethal items for India was never announced publicly by Turkey.

The chairman of the Defense Commission did not disclose the date of the visit to India but said Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu was foreign minister at the time. Davutoğlu served as foreign minister between 2009 and 2014.
He noted that the policy on defense product sales was decided jointly by the Ministries of Defense and Foreign Affairs, as well as by the office of the Chief of General Staff.

Turkey has friendly bilateral relations with both Pakistan and India, but leans towards Pakistan due to their long historical and cultural ties. Turkey and Pakistan support each other on all international platforms, and Pakistan has adopted a highly supportive approach on international matters that are of special interest to Turkey.
Turkey has also started displaying more interest in cultivating better ties with India as part of its policy of opening up further to Asia and Southeast Asia.

In 2010 Turkey organized an international conference on Afghanistan, the İstanbul Summit on Friendship and Cooperation in the “Heart of Asia.” India was not invited to the summit as Pakistan objected to its participation, prompting New Delhi to express its disappointment to Ankara.

Turkey limits defense sales to India to appease Pakistan

Their weapons , their choice about whom do they sell it to. This will not go unnoticed in New Delhi. While , I have my doubts on what incremental value Turkey would add as a defense supplier , they do have a very active EPC sector of which a great deal of their companies are operating in India. As the Indian economy grows , Turkey will realize the wisdom of their decision. Let's hope for their sake they chose wisely .

Are you that naive?. (your own 2 posts).... Turkey is nothing without NATO support so does Russia is nothing without China support. You compared them well.......

It is not about overestimating the Turkey but you underestimate.

Rather being self proclaimed mighty army, Turkey is much capable hence, is NATO member.

Even as the Indian posters claimed that India is not importing anything valued in defence sector from Turkey and it wouldn't matter but limiting India in defence sales by Turkey is indeed a diplomatic embarrassment for India in front of all including NATO members as well.

Really?
Russians dont need others support for their existence .
Chinese support is just a force multiplier .

Diplomatic embarrassment ??
Funny :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Look kid Turkey is not a issue for us .In fact other nation will actually ridicule Turkey for this stupidity .Only nation that we look for weapons from EU (most of them ) is France
And who told you that other EU nation wholeheartedly supports them?
Of Course against Russia they would be one .
But India is a reputed nation among EU countries .It was also proved when our nuke tests divided western nation opinions.
US and UK turn against us but France support us .

@Combat-Master @T-123456 India now produces it's own 40mm grenade launcher.No foreign underbarrel grenade launchers were procured since 2011.
India's MKU which makes bulletproof vests and helmets have launched their products in Turkey.

Russians dont need others support for their existence .
Chinese support is just a force multiplier .

Why sudden change of words. Why would Russia need a force multiplier in case going against Turkey? however, Turkey limits defence sales to India..... That is exactly happened to India and in front of everyone. Ridicule Turkey because of India!!!!! like in the case of Russia. There would be definitely words why it happened and indeed a lot of definitions from Indian side. If such step of Turkey doesn't matters to India then why all these cries and hues but to be innocent in front of all. The EU and India economical pact subject to trade. We are talking here Defence Sales.

On one hand, India praise US and West for weapons and all and other hand sits in Russian camp that West & US are up against, for weapon purchase. Double standards at best.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom